We used Yap Pacific as a base for our diving. It was comfortable and clean, rooms were large, the view was fine, and the staff was helpful. The hotel was very atmospheric- felt like I was in a Hemingway novel. A great plus is that the hotel is in walking distance to 'town' and to their dive operation. The dive operation was also very good with knowledgeable dive guides/masters and very friendly boat captains- they tried their best to find us a manta! The breakfasts were very good and made to order. We never ate dinner here as they were a bit on the pricey side, but the menu looked excellent. The island tour they set up for us on our no-dive last day was excellent- we opted for a 1/2 day tour, but were given a very extensive tour of everything we wanted to see- a great value!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yap Pacific Dive Resort, "Where Adventure and Luxury Meet". Here you can enjoy world-class scuba diving and instruction in our SSI & PADI approved dive center by day, and gourmet dining & exotic island drinks in our restaurants at night. Relax by our fresh water pool or spoil yourself at our private massage retreat offering a wide range of popular spa services! We offer the islands largest selection of environmentally friendly activities and tours sure to please even the most discriminating guest. Visit historic WWII sites, stone money banks, village tours, cultural events, kayaking, boating, snorkeling, fishing, biking and more! Visit the “forbidden island” of Rumung! Experience this unspoiled paradise and see the largest stone money ever discovered.Yap Pacific Dive Resort ties the traditional Yapese culture with the feel of a colonial period gone by. The type of service that one would expect 100 years ago in a first class hotel exists here, today. Our staff, which is almost entirely Yapese, is dedicated to the highest level of service since the beginning and it has made a lasting impression throughout the world. Our boutique hotel, styled in unique Victorian architecture, offers 22 beautifully appointed, spacious, air conditioned rooms, each accented by hand crafted furniture and original artworks from the Ethnic Art Institute of Micronesia. Our two Grand Suites with almost 800 square feet of living space set a new standard for luxury in Micronesia! Fresh flowers daily and evening turndown service is included for all rooms.From sunrise to sunset, the staff at Yap Pacific Dive Resort is available to make your stay with us a memorable one. Personalized concierge services, expert dive staff, exclusive tours, conference facilities, international cuisine, cultural experiences, romantic adventures and best of all, affordable family pricing! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Yap Pacific Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yap Pacific Dive Hotel Colonia
- Traders Ridge Hotel
- Traders Ridge Resort
- Yap Pacific Dive Resort Colonia