“Great place! Would come again”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Talkeetna
House of Seven Trees
Ranked #9 of 17 Talkeetna B&B and Inns
South Bend, Indiana
“Great place! Would come again”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Very comfortable, friendly and welcoming! Everything was just great. The house itself is very beautiful and very "Alaskan". Our room had a beautiful Native style wool appliqué wall hanging. The kitchen and the bathrooms were well equipped and clean. Pat, the host lady and her assistant Jamie were very friendly and helpful. Hope to come again next year.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mariya V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 June 2013

What a place! So homey and welcoming. Felt clean and professional while still feeling comfortable. We arrived later than expected, but there was note on the door already waiting. The lady, Pat, and the other person Jamie were both very friendly and helpful. Pat really wanted to make sure our girls trip was all it could be!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jessica i
Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

Thank you Pat, for a wonderful stay. Your hospitality was stellar....as was your well equipped gourmet kitchen where we had the pleasure to cook an awesome dinner while staying. Also had an opportunity to meet climbers who successfully comlpeted the climb to the top of "the big one", and many other nice people who stayed with Pat. The living room had a baby grand piano which was a very nice touch...and the beds were most comfy. Bathrooms were well equipped with walk in showers that had plenty of hot water.Pat also gave us lots of helpful info to use during our stay. PAT IS A WONDERLAND OF KNOWLEDGE! I have to say that hands down, The House Of Seven Trees was by far the best place we stayed in our two week journey discovering Alaska! If I ever go back....I am definitely staying with Pat. She is the hostess with the mostess!!!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank pattyh265
Breckenridge, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Thank you Pat for taking the time to talk with me about the way things were, are, and could be. It was so nice to spend the night in the bunk house and get greeted by Mac (best dog ever) as soon as we arrived. We would have stayed much longer if you were not so full with returning guests. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bryan E
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Mrs Pat McGee does a really amazing job here. The whole place had a very relaxed atmosphere, felt so warm and welcoming. Like a wise granny, she's very knowledgeable and compassionate. Her awesome friends and other guest treated me the same too! Good vibes!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank 28Jeffrey
Reviewed 29 August 2012

The house of 7 trees was the best experience I enjoyed during my short stay in Talkeetna. Miss Pat, her faithful companion Mac and all her friends treated me as though I had been a lifelong friend, which I now am. The house was comfortable and the flower borders were incredible. I have so many memories that will last a lifetime all due to the hospitality of Miss Pat and the lost art of hostel lodging.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank sjk911mjk
Lamoille, NV
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I ended up at the House of Seven Trees quite by accident... and a lucky accident it was. I'd messed up my reservation elsewhere in Talkeetna, and the other place recommended I give Pat a call for a room. I'm glad they did, and I ended up staying there both before and after my attempt on Denali.

The house is beautiful, with small clean rooms and comfortable beds that feature beautiful hand-made (I'm assuming) quilts. There's a big kitchen and living room on the main floor, along with a couple of shared bathrooms and a washer/dryer you can use for a small fee. I didn't check out the bunkhouse in the back so can't tell you what's going on there. The deck and yard are absolutely lovely. It likely is the prettiest place in town. It's right in the middle of downtown, which puts it within stumbling distance of the Fairview and across the street from the Roadhouse.

The owner, Pat, has little sticky notes all over the place, which are pretty entertaining but which impart important information to the traveling public. When the sticky note says "knock first," then knock. Her guard dog Mac knows his business... he's gentle as a big slobbery kitten when Pat says you're OK but is more than a little intimidating when he's in guard dog mode. I made the mistake of not knocking once... only once, with a not-so-subtle reminder from Mac. Once I'd been given Pat's approval, though, he couldn't get (or give) enough affection. Great dog.

The owner is a fount of local information and genuinely likes having climbers as guests. She has done a lot of Alaska living in her time, and the more you talk with her the more interesting she gets.

Overall, it was an excellent experience and I'd gladly stay there again.

Room Tip: Pat doesn't take credit cards so be prepared to pay cash.