“One of my favorite hostels!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Talkeetna
House of Seven Trees
Ranked #6 of 17 Talkeetna B&B and Inns
Sao Paulo, SP
“One of my favorite hostels!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Comfy, clean and well organized. Hosted by Pat, a sweet lady who will help and do her best to make you feel like home! I'm glad to know that have people in the world like her and I 100% recommend House of Seven Trees.

Room Tip: best hostel talkeetna
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

This B&B/hostile is truly a gem. Nestled in the heart of the sprawling metropolis of Talkeetna, it's perfect for a solo adventure, a couple or a friends get-away. Pat is the primary proprietor, and she is as sweet as she is fun, with many yarns to spin. Don't miss out this delightful surprise.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Hardeeville, South Carolina
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This little tiny place is not so little when you actually step foot in the house. It actually was quiet roomy and even had bunkers in back for peopel to bunk down. I stayed in Sept so at night it was pretty chilly but it was the last week the assistant Jaime wa sthere to before his season ended. I had the room up top that housed a full size (or possibly queen size) bed and a single twin bed in the corner. It was cozy and it had a lovely sky view.The place was very clean and was stocked from head to toe with history books about Alaska, had I had more time to lounge, I could've lost myself in the living room alone. Unfortunately at the time, the hot water heater broke and all the water that came out had enough chill to refreeze the Artic so it made bathtime interesting. jaime use to go next door and pay $4 every morning to get a hot shower. Me, I'm too lazy for that and opted for the quickest, coldest, hop up and down and scrub as fast as humanly possible showers in my life. Aside from that I was the only renter for the 4 days I stayed there and the wi-fi worked great.
One of the days Jamie even went out to eat with me and my friends, telling us stories of his time there. All in all it was a great place and a lovely place to lay your head. Safe and very quiet. I have always looked upon B&B'S, especially hostels, as under par but this changed my mind. Now I always look for a simple family hostel to feel warmth that you can't find at a hotel.

Please visit and experience what so many of us already have, you WON'T REGRET IT!!!!!!!

Room Tip: There are two rooms inside the hostel and a few bunkers outside. On any given day, I'd take the...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SimSimmy
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed a night at this clean, well run hostel and felt very welcomed. The rooms are small and it's easy to hear your neighbors, but that's pretty normal for a hostel so not a big deal. The location is great, the price was good, and our fellow guests were friendly and courteous. Worth mentioning that there were dogs at the property when we were there, one of whom was Pat's. I love dogs but for those who don't, just FYI!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank amalthea1026
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The House of Seven Trees is smack in the middle of downtown Talkeetna (which is about 15 buildings long). It's very clean, well managed, quiet, and cute. It's very reasonably priced as well. The owner, Pat, is so gracious and has an adorable, friendly dog. Pat allowed me to mail camping gear to myself there and everything went off without a hitch. It's right across the street from the Talkeetna Roadhouse, so you can saunter over for a great breakfast. If you're in Talkeetna on a Monday, make sure you check out the open air art market. I bought the most beautiful necklace from the artist there. In fact, if you're into the arts, stick around a couple of days and try to catch a performance at the arts center which is in an old airplane hangar. I want to add that I originally had a reservation with the Talkeetna Hostel and they canceled it on me because one of their guests showed up with extra guests and they gave my space to them. I thought that was pretty unprofessional, but it led me to this place so in the end it worked out perfectly!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank BeckyAZ
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Very comfortable, friendly and welcoming! Everything was just great. The house itself is very beautiful and very "Alaskan". Our room had a beautiful Native style wool appliqué wall hanging. The kitchen and the bathrooms were well equipped and clean. Pat, the host lady and her assistant Jamie were very friendly and helpful. Hope to come again next year.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mariya V
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 June 2013

What a place! So homey and welcoming. Felt clean and professional while still feeling comfortable. We arrived later than expected, but there was note on the door already waiting. The lady, Pat, and the other person Jamie were both very friendly and helpful. Pat really wanted to make sure our girls trip was all it could be!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends