“Rustic cabin experience but kind of fun!”

Meandering Moose Lodging
Ranked #5 of 17 Talkeetna B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 June 2013

The drive to this location was rather worrisome but the little cabin we stayed in was a nice surprise. I was also worried about it being a "dry cabin" meaning it didn't have a restroom but the walk to the restroom/ shower house was not really a problem as it stays light all night in Alaska! The price was good for this cabin. Our cabin was clean.The owner, Kathy, was very friendly. We must have miscommunicated about the time for breakfast as we didn't see anyone stirring at 8:30 a.m. when we were ready to leave. This turned out to be a blessing as the breakfast at the Roadhouse in Talkeetna is not to be missed!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vicky S

Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stayed in the Mangy Moose cabin (Mama, Papa, 4yo, 18mo) and had a wonderful stay. Kathy was lovely and Scott and Lisa, the caretakers (?), we're absolutely awesome. The cabin was lovely, had everything we needed to cook all our meals there, the beds were comfortable and everything was spotlessly cleaned. We will DEFINITELY be coming back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Meandering Moose was a relaxing getaway for my husband and me with our one-year-old. We stayed in the upstairs suite and enjoyed the large room. Kathy was very accommodating to us in allowing us to do some light cooking in the kitchen to comply with diet requirements. The owners live in the lodge, but we had complete privacy. We enjoyed visiting with them and appreciated their loaning us snowshoes and recommending trails.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I loved this place! The cabin style B&B is unique and a fun way to stay. Kathy is so sweet and accommodating! I talked to her on the phone before our stay and she recommended we do a flightseeing tour through Talkeetna Air Taxi and I'm so glad she suggested it! We also received a $20 coupon per person for staying there. Also, upon our arrival she let us know of events that were happening downtown. We stayed in the Munchin Moose cabin, which was perfect for just my husband and I and gave us a great experience of a cabin but still with comfortable amenities. There were also two air mattresses in the upper attic area which we didn't need, but would be great for a family with kids. I loved that our cabin had a personalized welcome sign with our name on it when we arrived. It was such a nice thoughtful touch that made it really welcoming. The cabin also seemed very clean and on the newer side. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone wanting a comfortable and clean cabin experience. I would stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StephanieG334
meanderingmoose, Owner at Meandering Moose Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thanks

Reviewed 3 April 2013

We had a wonderful stay in the Snoozing Moose Cabin. It was absolutely charming and comfortable. Kathy was so welcoming and gracious. She let us borrow their own cross-country skis for a nice tour around some of the local ski paths which was such a great way to spend a snowy day. Our flight tour around Denali was cancelled that day but we didn't mind being snowed in one bit- we were delighted to have such a nice place to call home for a few days.

Thanks so much for a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: The Snoozing Moose cabin had one queen size bed in the main cabin and two queens in the upstairs lof...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stephanieskis
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Kathy and Mike were excellent hosts, we really enjoyed our time at the Meandering Moose. We stayed in the main lodge and it was very clean with fun moose decorations everywhere. It was very nice to have breakfast ready in the mornings when we woke up and Kathy and Mike went out of their way to make sure we had a good time. I would definitely stay at the Meandering Moose the next time I'm in Talkeetna.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a group larger than 3 I recommend one of the cabins located throughout the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I liked this place. It was the 2nd time I've stayed here and this time in the larger Mangy Moose cabin. Some people were talking about it being a little rustic with not the most comfortable beds and a "small sink". Well, all I can say is IT'S A CABIN OUT IN THE FREAKIN WOODS!!
I thought it was great and wouldn't hesitate at going back. Price is great two. We had 7 people and there was room for everyone.
One thing though to be aware of; they really hit you on the per person charges but they have to do laundry (out in the woods) and I can understand that.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends