“Clean and comfortable”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Talkeetna
Northern Guest House
Ranked #4 of 17 Talkeetna B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Three couples, two nights. We had a great time enjoying the activities and food in Talkeetna. The guest house is very conveniently located. We walked almost everywhere. The Northern Guest House was very comfortable. It had games, books, ping-pong, movies, bikes, and plenty of room for us all. Kitchen was nice. We would stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed at the Northern Guest House for a night on our way back from Denali to Anchorage. We'd been in touch with Paula ahead of time, and it was easy to coordinate with her over phone or email. She accommodated our late arrival, and made sure our check-in could be as easy as possible. We had the bedroom on the ground floor, and it was spacious enough to sleep four. The common areas were well maintained, and had a ton of games, books, movies and a ping pon table to keep us occupied. The full kitchen was great for us. Overall, highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I had a very comfortable stay at Northern Guest House and recommend it highly. My host, Paula, was helpful, available, and friendly. The location is quiet (I heard the train, of course, but for me this is part of Talkeetna's charm) but close enough to town to be convenient. There is a kitchen if you need one, and though I didn't cook while I was there, I was glad to be able to make tea. I was quite happy there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The Northern Guest House is a great location for activities in and near Talkeetna. My 2-night stay was pleasant. Paula was a friendly, inviting host. Rooms are a great rate. The views of Denali are spectacular. I recommend the Wildflower Café for dinner. I had 2 wonderful fish (salmon & halibut) specials. Although, at Northern Guest House, you have access to a kitchen. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2013

My wife and myself stay one night here. We arrived very late that night. Paula, the hostess, was very kind setting up the key pick up for us. The room upstairs is very comfortalbe. We really enjoy our stay in Northern gust house.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This was definitely an excellent place to stay in Talkeetna. The best place where we slept during our 16 days trip in Alaska. Paula Strong is very friendly and helpful, a perfect landlady! The rooms were clean, the beds comfortable and the price fair. We were 12 people and had the place all for ourselves. Really perfect.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was a great place to stay, and in walking distance to anything in town. The hostess (Paula) is very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The main room of the house has a ping pong table, books, puzzles to work, and a kitchen should you choose to prepare your own meals. The rooms were clean, and bedding comfortable. AND, the price is right!

As a note, this place is pet-friendly - so if you are allergic to dogs and cats (which I am), you may want to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family