“Good value for short stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Talkeetna
Northern Guest House
Ranked #4 of 17 Talkeetna B&B and Inns
United States
“Good value for short stay”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed for one night only, very affordable. It's not a B&B so no breakfast will be provided. Kitchen is shared among guests. We had the downstairs room. It's not a suite so bathroom is across the living room. You do have to walk in front of other guests in the morning to use bathroom.
Awkward. No WiFi and cable TV. Bathroom is clean. Towels are provided but no toiletry. If you travel on budget, this place is a good choice.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

I was in town after traveling from Denali and decided to drive around to find a place to stay. After calling several places that cost over $100 to stay for one night and discouraged, I passed by the Northern guesthouse. I dialed the number and talked to Paula, the owner. The room was very affordable and I was told I would have my own bathroom but share the rest of the house. It's very cozy and very clean. Paula is very accommodating and even has bicycles you can use at your leisure. She made the best stew ever(moose stew) for us for dinner and zucchini bread for dessert. I had such a nice stay that I decided to stay another night! I highly recommend staying here if you are looking for an affordable,clean, and comfortable stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at the Northern Guest House Sept 17-19. We are a middle-aged couple traveling with two teenage boys. We had rooms 1 and 3 and found them to be charming and very comfortable.

The entire great room encompassing the kitchen, living room, dining room and ping pong area is larger than the pics. The entire house was very clean and was cleaned daily while we were there. We enjoyed the fire pit in the backyard on the chilly nights and the guest house is about two blocks from the main street. The boys had fun exploring the town on the free bikes that were provided.

The owner, Paula, was very easy to deal with and most welcoming. She lives in a separate part
of the house. She was available to us, but we also had great privacy.

We felt we had a taste of the real Talkeetna in a comfortable home.

Room Tip: Room 1 is great for those who might have trouble with the spiral steps to rooms 2 and 3. Each room h...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Cosmopolis, Washington
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Three couples, two nights. We had a great time enjoying the activities and food in Talkeetna. The guest house is very conveniently located. We walked almost everywhere. The Northern Guest House was very comfortable. It had games, books, ping-pong, movies, bikes, and plenty of room for us all. Kitchen was nice. We would stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
CA
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed at the Northern Guest House for a night on our way back from Denali to Anchorage. We'd been in touch with Paula ahead of time, and it was easy to coordinate with her over phone or email. She accommodated our late arrival, and made sure our check-in could be as easy as possible. We had the bedroom on the ground floor, and it was spacious enough to sleep four. The common areas were well maintained, and had a ton of games, books, movies and a ping pon table to keep us occupied. The full kitchen was great for us. Overall, highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I had a very comfortable stay at Northern Guest House and recommend it highly. My host, Paula, was helpful, available, and friendly. The location is quiet (I heard the train, of course, but for me this is part of Talkeetna's charm) but close enough to town to be convenient. There is a kitchen if you need one, and though I didn't cook while I was there, I was glad to be able to make tea. I was quite happy there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The Northern Guest House is a great location for activities in and near Talkeetna. My 2-night stay was pleasant. Paula was a friendly, inviting host. Rooms are a great rate. The views of Denali are spectacular. I recommend the Wildflower Café for dinner. I had 2 wonderful fish (salmon & halibut) specials. Although, at Northern Guest House, you have access to a kitchen. Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo