“Very Comfortable”
Review of Main Street Suites

Main Street Suites
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Talkeetna
Main Street Suites
Ranked #16 of 17 Talkeetna B&B and Inns
Homer, Alaska
“Very Comfortable”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed in Talkeetna with some friends last week. We stayed in the South Suite, 2 small bedrooms, full bath, small kitchen & living room. It was very comfortable, and right on the main street over a cafe. There is a beer garden downstairs, so it might be noisy on a weekend, but it was fine on a Wed night. We checked in with the folks in the cafe, they were expecting us and that transaction went smoothly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I can't believe a company could be so obnoxious. I reserved the South Suite for my out of town family and myself for May 23rd. We were all arriving in Talkeetna on the train. I reconfirmed that I had the south suite on May 19th. On May 23rd (the day of my arrival) "Amara" called and said they had made an error and rented the room to a group that reserved it for 10 days. When I told them this was impossible and I had a confirmation ... They said how sorry they were but I needed to find another place to stay. When I told them there is no other place to stay and begged for her to help in this desperate situation... Amara told me " I need to get over it" and hung up. Watch out ...if they get a better deal they'll drop your reservation and rent it to someone staying longer. I think this is against the law and I'm checking into it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Angel C

Travellers are raving about these Talkeetna hotels

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed here for the weekend and loved it! beautiful new rooms above a charming cafe. The North Suite overlooks Main Street. The room was quiet despite the busy location. Hosts were very accommodating with early check-in and late check-out. We will definitely return soon!

Room Tip: North Suite perfect for couples, South is larger and located back from the street.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlaskanSon
Bogota NJ
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Very clean & comfortable. It is right on the main street of Talkeetna so it is within walking distance of everything. The café below has very good food and beers! Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The town of Talkeetna is a great place to visit.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Eagle River, Alaska
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Main Street Suites is two small apartments above the Wildflower Cafe right in the heart of downtown Talkeetna. We stayed in the North Suite this past weekend. This suite is a large room with a queen bed and a kitchenette (sink, microwave, small refrigerator, toasteer oven). There's a couch, a small table for 2, and satellite TV. The bathroom is small but well equipped with a good shower (no tub). An in-room oil stove provides plenty of heat, but like all such devices smells a bit.

The coolest feature is the private sunroom that runs the length of the room. It has picture windows all around and a tall table with high-backed chairs. Great for watching the activity on Main Street below.

Because we came in the off-season, the cafe was closed. In fact, we never saw a single employee: our room was unlocked when we arrived, with our name tag on the door. Since the South Suite was apparently unoccupied, we literally had the whole building to ourselves.

I really liked this place and will definitely come again.

Room Tip: The North Suite is plenty large for 2 and has the better view. The South Suite is said to be larger...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple