This is the place where we learned how few things we really needed to be happy. It's so peaceful there and Mike & Pam are great hosts who make their home a paradise for those who want to enjoy nature - without ever being disturbed by any unnatural noise.
The cabins are nice and comfortable and kept meticulously clean. Pam's food is really great & wholesome (and plentyful) - just perfect after spending a lot of time outdoors.
There are walking trails from the lodge, e.g. around the lake, and some benches where we sat and simply absorbed the beauty of the landscape. Mike offers hikes for those who want a guide but would never impose if people just want to be on their own.
This was one of our best experiences during a 5-week Alaska trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribou Lodge Alaska is a remote Fly-in only wilderness lodge. Located on a remote lake in an amazing setting above treeline just S.E. Of Denali National Park. We are closer to Mt McKinley than the Park entrance or headquarters. Caribou Lodge is completely surrounded by Alaska's wild country. The Lodge offers a unique opportunity for guests to not only experience the awesome wilderness of Alaska, but to learn about living in it as well. Life in the Alaska wilderness is quite the adventure and is an experience we enjoy sharing with the world. Small and personal, a "Denali Park without the crowds", Caribou Lodge offers daily guided hiking, extended backpacking trips, kayaking and more, a relaxing learning experience in the Alaskan bush. Come join us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Caribou Lodge Alaska reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribou Lodge Alaska Hotel Talkeetna
- Caribou Hotel Talkeetna
- Caribou Lodge Alaska Talkeetna