We went to Alaska to experience the beautiful nature, to see wildlife and to leave (temporary) our busy lives behind.
And we found all this all together in the Caribou lodge. Mike & Pam are great hosts, who made us feel very welcome and learned us a lot about living in the remote area as they do. Mike is a perfect guide during the walks, always ready to tell a story, while Pam is an amazing cook, making delicious meals and cookies (by the way Greet loved the surprise).
For us this was an amazing experience that I would recommend to everyone who would like to experience a step back to nature, but still with the comfort of a cozy cabin, a nice meal and warm host.
Pam & Mike, we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribou Lodge Alaska is a wilderness lodge that is only accessible by small aircraft. Located on a remote lake in an amazing setting above treeline just southeast Of Denali National Park. We are closer to Denali than the Park entrance or headquarters. Caribou Lodge is completely surrounded by Alaska's wild country. The Lodge offers a unique opportunity for guests to not only experience the awesome wilderness of Alaska, but to learn about living in it as well. Life in the Alaska wilderness is quite the adventure and is an experience we enjoy sharing with the world. Small and personal, a "Denali Park without the crowds", Caribou Lodge offers daily guided hiking, extended backpacking trips, kayaking and more, a relaxed learning experience in the Alaskan bush. Come enjoy true Alaska wilderness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Caribou Lodge Alaska reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribou Lodge Alaska Hotel Talkeetna
- Caribou Hotel Talkeetna
- Caribou Lodge Alaska Talkeetna