This was our third visit to Caribou Lodge and each time it just gets better! This time we took my son and his fiancé with us. Our visit was once again fantastic. The proprietors, Pam and Mike Nichols, are great hosts with Pam being the chef and cooking fantastic meals and Mike being the guide and story teller. It is a fantastic place just chill out and enjoy the tundra and beauty of Alaska, especially seeing the sun rise over Mt. Denali. Our 4 day visit was fantastic and the weather was, for the most part, beautiful with the Fall colors in full display. My son and his fiancé went on an over night trek with Mike while my wife and I stayed back and did some day trekking by ourselves. The hospitality was overwhelmingly great. It is just a great place to stay and visit and feel at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribou Lodge Alaska is a remote Fly-in only wilderness lodge. Located on a remote lake in an amazing setting above treeline just S.E. Of Denali National Park. We are closer to Mt McKinley than the Park entrance or headquarters. Caribou Lodge is completely surrounded by Alaska's wild country. The Lodge offers a unique opportunity for guests to not only experience the awesome wilderness of Alaska, but to learn about living in it as well. Life in the Alaska wilderness is quite the adventure and is an experience we enjoy sharing with the world. Small and personal, a "Denali Park without the crowds", Caribou Lodge offers daily guided hiking, extended backpacking trips, kayaking and more, a relaxing learning experience in the Alaskan bush. Come join us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Caribou Lodge Alaska reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribou Lodge Alaska Hotel Talkeetna
- Caribou Hotel Talkeetna
- Caribou Lodge Alaska Talkeetna