We were blessed with the perfect weather when we got to the hotel. Our room didn't have the great view of Mt McKinley but the every room does have a view of some sort. If you get there on a good weather day, you can see Mt McKinley spread before your eyes when you lunch at the café or sit inside the reception lounge. Do take a flight over McKinley on such weather because you will be rewarded to breath taking views of the peaks and glaciers. Food was good at the café but you must try the home made chips. They are just to die for. My husband tried to blue cheese rib-eye steak and he really liked it. I had the Inside Passage Seafood Cioppino and it was good. Too bad they didn't have gluten free bread. It would have been great with scooping up the cioppino. The hotel also offers seminars. One night they brought in a park ranger to talk about the dos and don'ts of mountain climbing at Mt McKinley.
This hotel is a keeper. Will definitely go there if we travel there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a ridge above the small community of Talkeetna on the south side of Denali, our lodge offers unforgettable views of Denali and the Alaska Range, yet we are just minutes from adventures of a lifetime. Enjoy the view as you relax next to our 46-foot river rock fireplace or shop for Native art from villages across Alaska. Enjoy casual or fine dining featuring Alaska specialties and the best wine selection in the neighborhood. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, HRS, Hotel.de, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talkeetna Alaskan Hotel Talkeetna
- Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge Alaska