I stayed in the small four person dorm room. The room is small, but the very reasonable price for staying in the bunkroom makes up for this. Expect to share the bunk room with cheery mountain climbers with lots of stuff, as this is a popular place for them to stay before or after climbing Denali. The bunk room was very hot, but this was mainly due to there being a freak heatwave, and I can't imagine that it is normally quite such a sauna. The bunk was comfortable with clean linen. The bathrooms were clean enough with good hot water. My favourite aspects of the roadhouse were the communal areas and the marvellous choices for breakfast. Particularly yummy are the sourdough pancakes. Staff were all very helpful and polite. The Roadhouse is right in the centre of town, but is quiet and relaxing in the evenings. I felt very comfortable at the Roadhouse and enjoyed my stay in quirky Talkeetna.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Roadhouse, built around 1917, is one of the oldest establishments still in operation on Main Street in "Beautiful Downtown Talkeetna." Our kitchen is open to the public and we've become famous for big breakfasts, hearty soups, homebaked breads and genuine frontier hospitality. Our bakery produces all sorts of treats each day such as pies, a variety of cinnamon rolls, cookies, cakes, brownies, and savory pasties. The historic end-of-the-road town of Talkeetna is known today throughout the world as the base for international climbers making their way to climb Denali (Mt. McKinley), North America's tallest peak. Denali and the other peaks of the Alaska Range offer a magnificent backdrop for this picturesque town of around 800 people, located about two and a half hours north of Anchorage and halfway between Anchorage and Denali park entrance both by rail and road. The guest rooms range from private to hostel-style, rustic cabins to the school teacher's apartment located above the Talkeetna Historical Society Museum. Bathrooms are "down the hall" in typical Roadhouse fashion, and even though a bathroom has been added to Trapper John's Cabin, guests can still use its 5-Star outhouse! Breakfast is a separate charge but we provide our guests with coffee/cocoa/tea throughout their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Talkeetna Roadhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talkeetna Roadhouse Hotel Talkeetna
- Roadhouse Hotel Talkeetna
- Talkeetna Roadhouse Alaska