We didn't pay much for our night here so didn't have great expectations. The staff are friendly though very busy running the front bakery so service a little slow for room guests. We stayed in Room 2 which is right off the dining room. The double room was small, dark and smelt a bit damp/musty (as did the shared bathroom) The bed was the creakiest thing I have ever slept in, no idea what it was made of but it was NOISY! The towels were threadbare and holey. We could hear the guests talking all night in the room opposite. (grateful for a set of earplugs!) All in all, it was an okay experience, with a quaint friendly atmosphere, but after a week in a tent I was hoping for a better night's sleep, so was a bit grumpy in the morning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Roadhouse, built around 1917, is one of the oldest establishments still in operation on Main Street in "Beautiful Downtown Talkeetna." Our kitchen is open to the public and we've become famous for big breakfasts, hearty soups, homebaked breads and genuine frontier hospitality. Our bakery produces all sorts of treats each day such as pies, a variety of cinnamon rolls, cookies, cakes, brownies, and savory pasties. The historic end-of-the-road town of Talkeetna is known today throughout the world as the base for international climbers making their way to climb Denali (Mt. McKinley), North America's tallest peak. Denali and the other peaks of the Alaska Range offer a magnificent backdrop for this picturesque town of around 800 people, located about two and a half hours north of Anchorage and halfway between Anchorage and Denali park entrance both by rail and road. The guest rooms range from private to hostel-style, rustic cabins to the school teacher's apartment located above the Talkeetna Historical Society Museum. Bathrooms are "down the hall" in typical Roadhouse fashion, and even though a bathroom has been added to Trapper John's Cabin, guests can still use its 5-Star outhouse! Breakfast is a separate charge but we provide our guests with coffee/cocoa/tea throughout their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Talkeetna Roadhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talkeetna Roadhouse Hotel Talkeetna
- Roadhouse Hotel Talkeetna
- Talkeetna Roadhouse Alaska