“Excellant people running the place.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Talkeetna
Talkeetna Camper Park
Polk City, Florida, United States
“Excellant people running the place.”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

When we arrived I told the women that we were having trouble with our motorhome. We had made reservations for three nights and I might have to change them too 2 nights. She told me her husband might be able to help me and offered if I needed only one night that she would do that. Her husband came over and we talked. He said to go ahead and set up your motorhome and then come and see us to make final arrangements. With the information that he had given me and talking with my wife we determined we would be able to stay for three nights and then be able to solve the problem with our motorhome. We would come back here in a heartbeat.

livetoride

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jerry L

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for a week. It's the only camper park near Talkeetna that offers amenities, so it's booked solid all summer. There are some sites with full hookups, some with water and electric. Showers cost extra, but they are clean and well maintained. Laundry facilities available. Even though it's right near the train tracks, we were not disturbed by the noise. Walking distance to town. Hosts are extremely knowledgeable and willing to help.

Room Tip: Make your reservation online. Don't expect to just pull-in as spaces are assigned by reservation...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank gpwhisperer
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

Maybe we encountered a different park host than everyone else? Or maybe I don't know "rv park ettiquite"? I've lived in Alaska for 15 years, we're avid campers and have stayed in many campgrounds...but never an rv park. We drove in with our truck and camper, found an empty space and parked. As we were getting out of our vehicle to go in and pay, this guy comes out of the office yelling at me, "what do you think you're doing?! You can't just pull in here and park!! We have reservations! You have to check in first!!" I apologized and told him we were getting ready to come in and pay (it's kind of hard to stay in an rv park or campground without paying...right?). He starts asking if we're camping in tents or what, when we were pulling a trailer. I apologized a couple of more times and asked if the spot we were in was reserved, he said, "no but if you would have parked there yesterday we would have kicked you out because it was yesterday..." Because that has everything to do with today?! Right.

He proceeded to tell me again that I need to check in at the office and it was $38 a day. I immediately told my husband we were leaving and not giving them our money. The man was extremely rude and we are laid back and easy going, I didn't snap at him (although I wanted to). Will NEVER camp there or give them a dime, I'll be telling my friends and family of the experience as well.

• Stayed June 2013
6 Thank AlaskaTravels907
Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This is NOT the place for folks with smaller rigs who need showers (usually included in regular price at RV parks, but $4 each here, which adds a lot to an otherwise average-priced RV park) and toilets (closed for cleaning at 7 a.m.??!!?). OK, it's noisy with the trains and buses, but convenient to those and to town attractions. Hosts are very friendly (although that bathroom cleaning was oddly scheduled...).

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura B
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Great location to walk to downtown Talkeetna and enjoy the fun atmosphere of this very Alaskan town. Noisy with the road, train tracks and Princess buses next to it. If you are looking for convenience to visit Talkeetna this the place to camp. The hosts are fabulous, by the way. Sites offer electricity and water.
If you are looking for peace and quiet, not the place to camp.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Monica Z
Aspen, Colorado
Reviewed 30 October 2012 via mobile

Clean bathrooms, showers, and nice spots. The train station was right behind us but we didn't wake up from it once. Walking distance from town. We stayed here again in October and the bathrooms and showers were closed for the season, but electricity still worked and the price was reduced.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank HoboHealth
Auberry, California
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Agreed with other reviews, those at the office were pleasant and helpful. Store very lean, but town is close enough to walk. Right next door to the airport if you are trying some flying. Green trees, but spaces are pretty close. Small shared restroom, but pretty clean considering it was raining. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple