“Daily Special- one filling, delicious bowl”
Review of Spinach Bread

Spinach Bread
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Talkeetna
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The daily special was wild rice, spinach, cabbage, pan-fried tofu, cucumbers, carrots, and avocado. It was doused perfectly with a homemade peanut sauce. In spite of the array of hot sauces on the couter of the food cart, it was perfectly seasoned. I ate every last bite and perfectly filled. 10 dollars for a very filling lunch. Thank you Caitlin!

1  Thank Sherrrby

Reviewed 17 June 2014

A tasty and affordable lunch that's surrounded by over the top-touristy joints. When you've had enough of the tourist fare get a great meal for two for under $20.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Walking through Talkeetna, AK, my hubby and I looked for a healthy, hearty, snack. Candy, nor ice cream was calling at this time of day. We saw the food truck SPINACH BREAD which caught our attention. As we read the menu we decided on Beans and Rice ($8.50). The hearty bowl was big enough to split between us. Good tasting, colorful, not too spicy, and delicious. The woman server and owner behind the foods included Ethiopian bites, and other unique possibilities. Spinach bread itself looked like a cheesy, spinach topping on homemade pizza crust (I did not try it, but it looked yummy). Her specialties were new and different and created conversation and pleasure. This Alaskan food truck offers worldly delight tastiness with spices new to the palate.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

The quality of the food in this trailer is the highest I have had in Alaska outside of Anchorage. I had the beans and rice, which came with lots of tomato and onion and cheese. There was a great selection of hot sauces to add. I didn't like the spinach bread particularly, but that is obviously a preference. The hot chocolate was awesome, but, as it was $3 for a shot, I have had whiskey at the same price. Still, I think they melted an expensive bar of chocolate to make it. The real gripe I had was that they asked for my order, and then started doing something else while I was trying to give my order. I had to give my order again, and I was not able to ask for a special request. Still, if you care about food, this may be the place to eat in Talkeetna. They have some vegan options, if you can keep their attention long enough to ask.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

There are several places to eat in Talkeetna but this as everyone else says don't walk past this silver mobile van without sampling their fare.......the famous spinach bread is as good as it gets and there is loads of other stuff to sample from their menu....if there's a queue you may have to wait a few minutes but hey you're on holiday.......

Been to Spinach Bread? Share your experiences!