“Nice location. Comfortable stay.”
Review of Talkeetna Cabins

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Talkeetna
Talkeetna Cabins
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Talkeetna
Denver, Colorado
“Nice location. Comfortable stay.”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

The Talkeetna cabins provided the perfect accommodations for our brief stay in Talkeetna. Nice kitchen area with basic cookware for preparing your own meals. A living space for relaxing and comfortable beds in the loft. A small front porch with a couple of chairs for enjoying the midnight sun. Great restaurant options are only a short block away. Wish we were able to stay more than 1 night!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I loved this "hotel". We stayed at quite a few hotels in Alaska and by far this was the best. The cabins are spacious and conveniently located. Everything is within 2 blocks. The owner was very helpful too. I asked him where I could buy AA batteries and he gave me 4 new ones..

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Homer, Alaska
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We have stayed at Talkeetna Cabins many times and keep coming back! They are always clean,quaint, very well maintained and well furnished... and right in quaint downtown Talkeetna. Comfy beds upstairs, all you need in the kitchen and living area downstairs and a few steps from an amazing breakfast across the street at the Talkeetna Roadhouse. A great experience for us and our family that we return for again and again. :D

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We did a last minute trip to talkeetna to get away from anchorage and this was the perfect getaway cabins more than plenty of room for me my husband and our two small kids . They even gave us a military discount when we got there . It was more than I expect . It was amazing ! Free wifi , satalite tv , 2 full beds a twin and a pullout couch and a full kitchen ! We will be coming back in the summer during tourist seasons when a lot more of the shops are open, and we will be staying here again definatly

• Stayed May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 April 2013

The Talkeetna Cabins were a great place to stay, as part of the Alaska Railroad reservation services. I booked the Aurora Weekend Trip to Talkeetna from Anchorage, and left all the decision-making to the Alaska Railroad. I could not have been happier with the experience! I stayed in Cabin 1, if you face the cabins, the first on the left. Comparing to other's summer pictures, I can't believe the difference! There was a new blanket of snow from the previous week, so the path to the cabins was shoveled.

The cabins were spacious and rustic. There were plenty of towels and kitchen supplies. Had I stayed longer, I would have taken advantage of the kitchen (microwave, minifridge, cooktop, tableware). The heater was ample, and the upstairs sleeping loft stayed nice and warm at night.

Peg, the owner, picked me up along with two other families at the train depot, got us checked in and oriented, and even checked on where we might find live music that night at the Roadhouse and the Fairview Inn. They do request that shoes be removed, and seeing the amount of snow and slush, this is perfectly understandable!

There is Wi-Fi and satellite TV available. The rooms were absolutely clean, and the showers had plenty of hot water for me. They do have a sign that advises folks to plan on hot water use for more than two showers due to the tank size. I was very happy with the set up and with how close it was to Main Street and shops and restaurants. Cabin 1 adjoins with Cabin 2, and I didn't hear my neighbors at all during my stay.

There was the last of a Discovery Channel film crew staying in Cabin 3, wrapping up production. They had used the Talkeetna Cabins as their headquarter working on a special about the Alaska Railroad all winter.

Upon departure, Peg's daughter gave us a ride to the depot. It was very close, but because of the icy roads, driving was safer. It was nice to chat with Peg's daughter, who said in the summer they have "traffic jams" from one end of Main Street to the end! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would book there again!

Room Tip: Cabin 1 by the street was fine in mid-April. I got to watch the neighbors across the street bring an...