“Best B&B experience”
Review of Talkeetna Chalet

Talkeetna Chalet
Ranked #3 of 17 Talkeetna B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We had booked a couple of places in and around Talkeetna,Seward and Healey on our 7 day trip..
Talkeetna Chalet took our breath away. The great view from the common room's large windows, made the long summer night more beautiful. The view of Denali using the telescope in the living room was worthwhile. The warm hosts with beautifully presented breakfast just made our day.
I would suggest this place to anyone and everyone that need a feel of luxurious 5 star treatment for the most reasonable cost.
Thanks Dave and Andrea for making this beautiful abode and sharing it with us.

vani and Gautam

Room Tip: Mountain whispers room was a great choice.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

We stayed in one of the new cabins down the hill from the main house. It was a very nice cabin-brand new with everything you would need provided. We were there on a bicycle trip and there is a great bike trail very close to the house. We were provided a spot in their garage to lock up our bikes. Andi even did our laundry for us for a very nominal fee.
The breakfasts were fabulous! Also the homemade snacks in the evening were a great treat after our bike rides. The view from the main house is amazing. Mountains-Denali right there in the window.
This was like staying with family--except no helping required.
Thank you Dave and Andi for a wonderful stay.

Jeff and Emily Heimer, Cedar Hill, TX

Room Tip: We loved the cabins.
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Dave and Andrea were perfect hosts. We felt right at home.The bedroom was large and had our own bathroom. The common areas were large and homey. The dining and kitchen areas were large and had perfect view of Mt. McKinley. The breakfast was great. Thanks Dave and Andrea.
Troy and Betty Sheets, Marion In.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We enjoyed our one night. The rooms are comfortable, the breakfast was delicious, and we especiallly enjoyed the sitting room with large windows looking out to the forest. Thanks Andi and Dave for a sweet time.

Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed at the Talkeetna Chalet & come away thoroughly impressed. Rarely have we stayed in a more comfortable place. Andi & Dave were the perfect hosts - spoiling us with their impeccable service & friendly ways. Thanks a ton, guys, for the wonderful memories. And Andi - we did solve all the world's problems, didn't we? :) We really hope to get back there at some point.

If you get an opportunity to stay here, grab it!! You won't be sorry...

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Very friendly and helpful host. Great breakfast.
Being on a budget we stayed in the cheapest room, but it was fine.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2012

My wife and I visited Talkeetna last year. That was our first trip to Alaska, and was supposed to be a once-in-a-lifetime trip for our 25th anniversary, but we came back this year. Last year, we stayed at the Princess lodge, which is way-way out of town (1 hour shuttle bus ride). But we loved the town Talkeetna so much, we wanted to come back and "really" stay in Talkeetna. I did my research and booked 3 nights at the Talkeetna Chalet B&B in the Denali room. The Talkeetna Chalet B&B is #1 ranked B&B on TripAdvisor for good reason. I can not imagine there being a better place to stay. The property was great and our hosts were great the entire stay. We received a full tour of the B&B when we arrived - made us fell very welcome, like staying with family. They have huge windows on the 2nd floor with a great view of McKinley. We were very fortunate the McKinley it came out in full view during our visit. I got up early the first morning, and there was McKinley in full view. I took some photos from the B&B then jumped in my car to drive to a lookout point about 2 miles away. By the time I got there, the clouds already started moving in (but is was still 90% visible). When I got back to the B&B, I immediately called to see if I could book a morning flight seeing tour (while the visibility was great), and I was able to get a couple of seats on TAT on 8:30am Grand Denali tour. Had we I not been staying at the Chalet B&B, I would have missed out. Last year I booked in advance, and our tour was cancelled since the skies were too overcast. We hung around Talkeetna all day waiting to get a flight (which is how we end up getting attached to Talkeetna). We eventually got out on a late afternoon flight, but conditions were still poor. This time, I decided I would not book anything, and if it looked like good conditions I would try to book something (and if not, we would just enjoy the food and drink in Talkeetna). Staying at the Talkeetna Chalet B&B, this strategy worked great since I was able to see conditions were perfect and jump on finding a flight (I only needed 2 seats, so this might be poor strategy if you have a bigger group). I hope to get back to Talkeetna soon, and I will definitely be looking to stay here again.

Room Tip: The Denali Room was the best room for us, but if you can get any room at this property, do it. They...
1  Thank Jims4214