“Best Pizza Ever”

Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Talkeetna
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We invite you to our lively purple pizzeria, nestled at the foot of the towering peaks of the Alaska Range, in the little town of Talkeetna. Our menu is a collaboration of countless Basilone family recipes. Our famous Pizza Pie, home made Flat Breads, soups with vegetables from our garden, and our legendary Mountain High sauce are a reflection of our family's dedication to bring you the best and freshest food from our kitchen to your table.
Talkeetna, Alaska
“Best Pizza Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Mtn High Pizza Pie is the best pizza I have ever eaten. they make their sauces fresh, their dough and flat breads fresh, all their dressings and other sauces fresh from some family recipes. LOVE THIS PLACE.

• Visited January 2014

“Great Pizza PIe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

I loved the margharita pizza and the traditional pizza was awesome. The outside dining area is laid back and my kind of place. Good beer, good food, good people. Will certainly go back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Loretta211
San Francisco, California
“Fun place & fresh out of the oven pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

I had a great time here. The workers are friendly, and the pizza is solid (as all pizza should be). As other folks mentioned earlier, they have a good selection of pizzas and beers, but the service is a little on the slower slide.

What I really loved about this place is the outdoor patio/deck (granted I came during the warmest possible summer day in Alaska), so if you get the chance to sit outside, I would definitely do that. Like a lot of places in Talkeetna, it has its own character-- this one was full of colors and decorative lights-- which was a perfect setting to enjoy good beer and pizza. I'm a sucker for a fun place like this.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank jdam24
Hardeeville, South Carolina
“Every trip needs pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

The menu has every pizza that is imaginable, even some you wouldn't want to imagine. They also have calzones, which are apparently good because my friends use to always order them.

There crazy bread was very good and came in a basket on a checkered sheet of wax paper. It's very possible to get full off the bread alone.

The first pizza I tried here was the Reindeer and Blue Cheese Pizza. If I could find reindeer down here in Georgia now, I'd probably make it everyday. The meat looked identical to ham pieces and the blue cheese enhanced the flavors. Truth be told, not too many styles of there pizzas that I didn't like. Of course cheese and pepperoni were the classics and moved out the quickest. Moderately sized establishment with indoor and outdoor seating. The walls were busy with memorablia and that such stuff.

One tip: Ask for a beer in a goblet!!! You will not be disappointed!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank SimSimmy
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Look Beyond the Pizzas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

In addition to having a full pizza menu, look the beyond the pizzas to check out their awesome flatbreads too! A great spot to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine.

• Visited June 2013