We visited the Susitna River Lodge on our visit up to Talkeetna on November 21, 10. We were on a family trip with my whole family. Husband Jason, daughter Emma who is 8 years old, mother Susan and brother Jeff. Some of us had experience snow machining and some of us did not. Mr. Hunter went over everything we needed to know and made an extra point to make sure everyone was comfortable and safe.They also had extra coats, gloves, hats and what ever else we may have needed or forgot. They truly did think of everything. He went out of his way to make sure my daughter Emma was situated, warm and okay with everything on the ride. Half way thru the run we all stopped at the top of the mountain for some absolutely AMAZING views and hot chocolate. He entertained us answering questions we had and sharing his love of Alaska, he even took a few pictures for our family scrapbook for us. At another stop along the way my daughter Emma was getting a little chilly. He did not hesitate to pull off her shoes and start to rub her feet warm as if she was his own. He was even so prepared as to bring those little heated packets and put them in her shoes to make sure her feet stayed warm and cozy.
Once we returned to the cabin, Mrs. Darlene saw that Emma was cold and immediately grabbed a heated corn sac, a blanket and some hot coco and set her by the fire and warmed her feet just as Mr. Howard did. It was the sweetest thing! Even Emma had said, “They are the nicest people ever!”
I truly appreciate the hospitality and warm, caring, comfortable experience the Hunters provided and will absolutely return to not only snow machine with them again, but to stay in their rented cabins. we did not stay there, but were only there this trip for the snow machining. They showed us around and completely made us feel at home and I look forward to making it up there to see them again. AMAZING views, wonderful company and a cozy atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Susitna River Lodging....where the rivers and mountains meet. 13.5 mile Talkeetna Spur Road. Private cabins, deluxe suites, river and mountain views. 5 minute walk to historic Talkeetna. Open year round. 2 hours from Anchorage and 2 1/2 hours from Denali National Park. New unbelievable playground across the street. Two pet friendly cabins. All accommodations include full baths and kitchenettes. BBQ grills and supplies provided. We accept all major credit cards. Military discounts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Susitna River Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Susitna River Lodging Hotel Talkeetna
- Susitna River Lodging Talkeetna, Alaska