“What an AMAZING Day!!!!!”
Review of Talkeetna Air Taxi

and up
Denali National Park Flightseeing Tour from Talkeetna
Ranked #1 of 27 Tours in Talkeetna
More attraction details
Owner description: TAT is the #1 choice of Alaska visitors for glacier landings on Mt. McKinley in Denali National Park. See Denali up close and personal by air or view Mt. McKinley year-round on our live webcam! Trip prices range from $210 - $420 per person.The Beauty here is unbelievable.
Reviewed 9 January 2010

Talkeetna Air Taxi was wonderful to work with from the time that we booked until our flight touched down after visiting the glacier! We used Talkeetna Air Taxi following a 7-night Princess cruise for the Mt. McKinley flightseeing and glacier landing combination. We originally planned to use a BOGOF coupon in the Alaskan Tour Saver coupon book, however our dates of travel made the coupon obsolete. As a courtesy, Talkeetna Air offered a 20% discount on flights for our dates. Boy, was it worth the money!

Our pilot's name was Will. Not only was he patient in pointing out various landmarks and other points of interest (Mt. McKinley, Ruth Glacier, etc.), but also courteous enough to take photos of those in our group. The beautiful scenery seen on this flight compares to nothing else. The plane ride was exciting and everyone has a window seat and a headset. The glacier landing was very smooth, and not nearly as cold as I would have imagined. Our flight departed at 4 PM and when we landed, the sun was was still bright and shining. The view from atop the glacier is absolutely amazing!!!!! This is a must do, and much preferred over fllightseeing in Juneau, AK.

If you visit Talkeetna, flightseeing is a must-do and Talkeetna would be my recommendation. They are the best at what they do.

1  Thank VirginiaTravel_Queen

Reviewed 10 October 2009

My son and I were scheduled to fly on a certain day. We were called one day earlier and asked if we could change our plans and fly that day-the reason was they saw that the weather was changing and couldn't guarantee a glacier landing. How awesome that a company tries to get the best for their customers! Our pilot was great with his knowledge and had a sense of humor too. We were able to make the glacier landing and was the flight of a lifetime.
I suggest this to anyone who wants to make the time since the drive from Anchorage is about 2 hours.

2  Thank sunshine7163
Reviewed 25 September 2009

I just want to say, that my first ever, and most feared, flight experience in a small plane was, by far, "THE MOST WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE" I have ever had in my life.
My pilot "Bill" flew me to Denali Mt. and shared with me a very dear moment when I released my dad and mom's ashes over the same mountain that my grand father (mom's dad) "Grant H. Pearson" had climbed more then once, wrote about his life, his work as a Park Ranger there, his passion about "Denali" and a bit about my mother "Shirley" in his book "My Life of High Adventure, My climb to the top of the mountain".

Wed. Sept. 23, 2009 was the most Glorious day for the flight.

All the staff there at "T.A.T.", from the first phone call to them about chartering a flight, to setting the date, to changing the date due to weather, to the flight, and beyond, were not only professional, but were also kind, considerate, and showed compassion towards me during my experience with them.
I cannot thank Talkeetna Air Taxi enough for being a part of helping me to fulfill my parents last request of taking them to the mountain, and for the experience, and joy of the flight.
Thank you Bill, Saundra, and Annie. May you all there at T.A.T. be Blessed. I'll never forget you folks and I will tell others about you.
Mr. Joseph E. Sullivan, Jr.

2  Thank Chappy13
Reviewed 12 August 2009

Went on the Mckinley South Summit trip with glacier landing. The scenery is stunning. The beauty of these mountains is awe inspiring. The landing on the glacier is the highlight. On walking out of the plane on the glacier, I was stunned by the enormity of the surroundings. A must on any itinerary in Alaska.

2  Thank Travel051659
Reviewed 11 August 2009

This was a phenomenal experience. Of course the scenery was breathtaking. This activity is WELL worth the money. It is an expensive outing, but such a wonderful experience.

There are several companies in the area offering similar service, but TAT was fantastic. We were scheduled for one day but had bad weather. They were very flexible to reschedule us for another day (and so friendly about it). When we arrive for our flight, they still were not sure if we could land on the glacier so they did not take our payment before we left. All the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The pilot did a great job of flying and narrating the trip. Don't be scared of the small planes - the ride was very smooth. Turbulence isn't a huge problem in Alaska because there isn't enough heat to make the air unstable. My husband and I took motion sickness meds just in case. The glacier landing was well worth the additional money. It was such a unique experience.

Bottom line - spend the money for this experience and go with TAT! They are great!

2  Thank jandbwest