“Enthralling!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Aurora Dora
Ranked #2 of 31 things to do in Talkeetna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: When It's Dark, I See the Lights! My biggest passion is the Northern Lights and Night Sky photography, the reason why many friends started calling me Aurora Dora. For many years the darkness of the Alaskan winter nights gave me winter blues, but everything changed when I started shooting night images. Nowadays Auroras, Northern Lights, are my life. From long and cold nights photographing amazing auroras through the skies, and teaching northern lights photography workshops, to the summers explaining and showing the auroras to the ones that are not able to visit Alaska in the winters. I am a photographer in Alaska, living the dream life of many photographers.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Anchorage, Alaska
“Enthralling!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I am a tour guide all over Alaska, and I use a DVD of Aurora photos from Aurora Dora when I talk about the Northern Lights. I LOVE her shop, and my guests always come back raving after they visit her shop and chat with her. She enhances my tour, and will enhance anyone's visit to Talkeetna!

Wasilla, Alaska
“A MUST SEE in TALKEETNA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Need an aurora fix? Aurora Dora is the place to stop.You'll find auroras of every color and prints in every size. Dora's work is fabulous and she is always willing to share her aurora chasing experiences. It's always great to hear the story behind the photo direct form the photographer!

Anchorage, Alaska
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Wonderful lady and excellent photos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

You must stop by and visit Aurora Dora when you are in Talkeetna. This super lady takes the most awesome photos of the aurora borealis. We bought a print and will be back for more. She is in a cool cabin on the corner.

1 Thank AndreaPPP
Ajijic, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Northern Lights Extravaganza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stopped by Aurora Dora this afternoon. Was a kind of a raining day and not too many places to go or see in Talkeetna since the season has not yet started. As you approach the "Welcome to Downtown Talkeetna" sign, you will see a little old cabin on the right with a bright green sign saying Aurora Dora... I was curious to know what was inside and had a great surprise.
The inside of the cabin is filled with photographs of the Aurora Borealis taken by Dora, aka Aurora Dora. Amazing work, cozy place and fun conversation. Her photographs are incredible and very affordable. Like all tourists, I had many questions about the northern lights. Not only did she explain the science surrounding the phenomenon, she showed me some apps on her iPhone and how to read them to determine when the lights might be out. Since chances of me seeing the aurora this late in the year were slim, she showed me a really cool time-lapse video that she made with her photographs of an actual Aurora Borealis dancing in the night sky. I loved it... highly recommend stopping in.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank Bibliokos

Been to Aurora Dora? Share your experiences!