“Great Desserts!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Talkeetna
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had seven of us in our party. At first look at the menu we were at 1st not sure if we were going to like the food. Most every thing is in a pasty. (like a turnover) or square buns but it turned out super yummy. My husband got the beef pasty, the kids got the pulled pork square buns and it was all very yummy. The best part was the cinnamon buns ( my sons favorite thing) and the scones if you see something you want order it when you get there because they do run out. They had a berry pie that was gone by the time we got to desserts.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Loved eating at this quirky, very casual little spot. Everyone who worked here was so very friendly and the food was great. I only regret that when we got there we saw a blueberry sourdough muffin that I had in mind to buy for breakfast the next day, yet when we finished our meal it was gone. I should have bought it when I first saw it-I knew it was the last one. My husband raved about the blueberry pie he had for dessert, and he was looking forward to that muffin. Hopefully there'll be a next time.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Enormous portions of food in very crowded, sit anywhere you can very Alaskan type café. The food is OK but nothing really great except for deserts. You can order eggs anyway you want but they always come scrambled. They offer half portions and half portions are so generous that people sometimes share a half order. So, this place is more the experience that any great food.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

After seeing good reviews based on Yelp re: The Roadhouse, we tried it. The seating is family style so you will meet someone for sure. We met two travelers from Australia who were in town from a cruise. The menu is limited and offers 2 soups and sandwiches, pastries, and also breakfast which looked and sounds good. Since we were ziplining in an hour we tried to eat a bit lighter. The Hungarian mushroom soup was tasty but lacked mushrooms. The deer sausage sliders were ok. If you are going to carb up I would recommend the Spinach Bread food truck up the road. Service at the roadhouse was spotty. Not my favorite place.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

When visiting Talkeetna, I made sure that we stopped here and ate. Saw it on Man v. Food! Boy, was I not disappointed at all. Had the Standard plus pancakes!! Totally stuffed and an awesome place