We stayed in a suite as opposed to a cabin... Room 4. The lady who greeted us was very friendly and even walked us to our room to make sure everything was in order. The room itself was quite large, more room than we needed really but it was nice to have the extra space. It was well appointed and quite comfortable. You could hear the people in cabin next door but luckily for us they went to bed jot too late.
Location wise it was good for Talkeetna but there's not a lot in Talkeentna. You could walk round the town itself in 30 minutes to an hour and after that unless you're into the glacier flights, the ATV quad bike tours, hiking or the like there's not not much to do there.
We quite liked accommodation but not sure if we'd go back to the place again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Denali Fireside is a new facility in Talkeetna offering suites or cabins that comfortably accommodate up to 4 people. Features include pillow top king and queen beds, kitchenettes (mini-fridge, microwave, coffee brewer, bar sink) gas fireplaces, satellite HDTVs, wireless internet and private covered deckswith log gliders. The structures are log/frame and the interiors are decorated in Alaskana decor, including cozy hand sewn quilts. New for 2010 - Our "Little Cabin in the Woods" located on 5 acres beside a small spring-fed pond, 3 miles from our lodge in Talkeetna. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Denali Fireside Cabins And Suites
- Denali Fireside Cabins Hotel Talkeetna
- Denali Fireside Cabins & Suites Talkeetna, Alaska