“Best deal in Bora Bora”

and 1 more site!
Sunset Hill Lodge
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had an excellent experience at Sunset Hill Lodge. Firstly, the lodge has the best Internet service in all of Bora Bora and I have been to Four Seasons and St. Regis. Recently there has been a landslide and so the garden has been temporarily distroyed, but even so the accomodations are still very comfortable. The Lodge is also near Mai Kai Marina & Yacht Club, which allows guests of the lodge to go swimming in their pool. The GM, Gerard is a superstar. He picked us up from Viatape and then took us to the day activities. He also lent us the bicycles to get around the island on our own. His friendly and engaging attitude was really a breath of fresh air. I would stongly recommend Sunset Hill for anyone who is on a budget, but still wants to enjoy all that Bora Bora has to offer.

Room Tip: All room are excellent value.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lamont R
There are newer reviews for Sunset Hill Lodge

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

i read many positive reviews on this accomodation and decided to book a studio for 6 nights for our HONEYMOON! It was a terrible mistake! my husband and me are not used to go to 5* star hotels, we rather prefer traditional hotels/b&b...but for me some kind of service are essential everywhere! we were in bora bora but far away from the sea!yes it was possible to rent bikes for free but they were in very poor conditions and on our way for the beach the bike' wheel blew out and we had to came back by foot! in vaitape there are many many stray dogs and its not so safe going around by bike or by foot above all during the night! then, Sunset Hill is not close to any bar/ restaurants and also to reach shops and roulottes you have to walk for 2 km! theres no privacy in the room cause there are small curtain and mantainance works were in progress so it wasnt relaxing at all!

• Stayed: August 2013
25  Thank kirsh11982
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Thank you Gerard for helping make our trip to Bora Bora a remarkable one! We had a very comfortable stay at the Lodge, and the rooms are spacious, well appointed and have a beautiful view of the bay. Gerard is a great host, most helpful!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank WorldTraveler1302
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a week and I have nothing but good things to say. As with all the other reviewers, Gerard is a great host. He really takes care of the property and is always making improvements to make the property better. When I left, he was working on a BBQ area for guests to use and socialize. There's free wifi, laundry and pick up/drop off. Anything you need, he will help you with. Free use of the pool at Mai Kai, free use of bikes, kayaks, and a lift to and from the beach if needed. I stayed in the small bungalow which was enough for me. The bed is up some stairs and there's a private outdoor shower, plus equipped kitchenette. The super market is very close with fresh baked baguettes daily. If you are not staying in an over the water bungalow, than stay here. You can't find a better deal on bora bora.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Island_Paradis
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

The rooms here are completely self-sufficient so you can easily live out of them. Bikes are free. And the owner is very friendly and helpful about anything you need to know about the island.

Only downside is distance from a good beech. But the ease of coming and going, combined with the price and service, more than make up for it.

Quite a few insects though, so if you're squirmy keep everything shut down at night and you'll be mostly ok.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at Sunset Hill Lodge in the bungalow on stilts for our honeymoon. Gerald was an amazing host. He let us use his bikes (for free) and kayaks (for a minimal fee) with directions on the best places to visit on the island. He has connections with many of the locals and was able to “hook us up” with incredibly inexpensive and amazing tours as well as a free trip to his friend’s private island! The Bungalow on stilts was clean, comfortable and affordable. In addition, there was a great central barbeque and outdoor meeting space at the lodge. The outdoor area was extremely comfortable with beautiful views. My husband and I really enjoyed hanging out in this area reading our books and meeting the other guest of Sunset Hill Lodge. The lodge is also in a great central location on the island. It is within walking distance to the downtown area, including many shops, grocery stores and restaurants! I would recommend these accommodations to any travel that is looking to do Bora Bora on a budget. One piece of advice, you may want to bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper – there are a lot of roosters in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: I recommend the bungalow on stilts.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JenErin1206
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I stayed here for one night before we went to 5 star honeymoon experience to fit our trip into budget. I was happy with the place. We reached here Midday and thought of saving some $$ by staying here for 1 night! Its definitely Value for money. Happy about my decision!! Theres a nice place in walking distance from here where we enjoyed cocktails and dinner. It was much better than other famous restaurants. Gerard was very helpful. He picked up up from the port, helped us with breakfast and dropped us to IC Le Moana. This place is an amazing value for money in middle of expensive Bora Bora

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple