“7 night stay”
other travellers have booked this property
The Black Pearl! Our 5 Star Over Water Bungalow in Bora Bora!
Maeva! Welcome to The Black Pearl! Our brand new living room. A craftsman's dream.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Black Pearl! Our 5 Star Over Water Bungalow in Bora Bora!
Maeva! Welcome to The Black Pearl!
Our brand new living room. A craftsman's dream.
A craftsman's dream!
Enjoy the view of the lagoon from the living room.
Every detail is inspiring.
Our brand new state of the art kitchen!
The perfect place to cook a meal!
All appliances are state of the art!
A beautiful CA-King sized bed, facing the lagoon!
Reading lights, art, views of the lagoon. A place to read or to dream!
The bedroom has a beautiful sitting area too.
Granite and marble accent our beautiful bathroom. A walk in shower, bathtub and washing machine!
Bubble bath, anyone?
Our huge lanai has a dining area, new gas barbecue and comfy lounge chairs!
Time for breakfast.
The view from our steps that lead to our private dock and sunning area.
The perfect place to read, take a nap or jump in the lagoon!
After your dip, an outdoor shower, surrounded by Bora Bora's heavenly lagoon.
The sun sets right in front of the bungalow.
The view from The Black Pearl living room!
Rush Hour at our bungalow!
Don't forget to see the traditional Tahitian Dances!
Sunset at The Black Pearl!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Wellington
“7 night stay”
Reviewed 7 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016
people found this review helpful

When planning our trip to Bora Bora, I read many reviews talking about the high cost of accommodation and eating out in Bora Bora and the dangers of being trapped in a big resort and the associated costs they charge. After finding some reviews recommending the advantages of private rentals we inquired about renting the Black Pearl. Richard the owner, responded to our inquiries straight away and was a pleasure to deal with. We had to pay in full, in advance, for the whole stay but everything was as promised and more.

We stayed in the last week of January 2016., and the overwater Bungalow had just been fully renovated prior to our stay and a new kitchen with modern appliances installed. The Black Pearl is promoted as five star and we could not find fault; after a long day of activities it was great to come home to a very comfortable and quiet bungalow and relax on the private balcony on the water. For one snorkeling trip we arranged to be picked up at our private jetty, a first for us.

We were met on arrival by Nir, who is the local contact and we had arranged to hire a car from Nir for our whole 7-night stay. In our opinion hiring a car is a must, as it allows you freedom to travel around the island and the Bungalow is 10-minutes travel from the centre of town.

We had a great time in Bora Bora and staying at the Black Pearl was a big part of that.

Michelle...
Taber, Canada
“Walking into a Dream”
Reviewed 13 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed at The Black Pearl Over Water Bungalow in Bora Bora. It was absolutely the best choice for us. The renting process was made very easy by Richard. Every emailed question I had prior to our trip was answered quickly, usually within minutes, literally.
A cell phone was provided for us while we were there, which allowed us to make local calls and to contact Stephan ( Nir's substitute while he was out to town) should we have any concerns or questions. On arrival, we picked up our car, a process made very easy by Nir, drove to the condo, dropped our bags off, checked what the kitchen had in the way of staples and then returned to Vaitape to grocery shop ( at Chin Lee's).
The condo itself is exactly as advertised. For months I had been dreaming about and studying the photos on the website. Opening up the door was almost like walking into those photos, walking into the dream. What can't be captured by photos, or even imagined in the dream, is the experience of sliding open the glass doors onto the covered deck, stepping out, leaning on the rail with a beer in hand and gazing out onto the pristine lagoon and knowing that for a short time, this was all ours. It was our home away from home, and for the next 11 days we felt truly privileged to be able to experience Bora Bora. After a busy day, it was lovely to come "home" and relax, take a dip off our own deck, kayak slowly along the shore, come in and shower, watch the sunset, share a cocktail and prepare and eat meals at our leisure. A wonderful place to return to but also perfect if you decide to stay put for a day, or two, or three and just "be".

Suggestions: A car is absolutely essential and renting from Nir made that process very easy. Take half of the clothes you think you will need. You'll be glad of the extra baggage space for all the souvenirs and gifts you'll want to bring back with you. The condo has a clothes washer, so pack a small ziplock bag of detergent pods. We brought our own binoculars but I think there were binoculars already there. There is so much to see just sitting on the deck, and the binoculars were a great asset to that viewing. The only English TV channels we could find was CNN. You're not going to care about TV during the day but you might after sunset, which comes at about 6 pm. There is a DVD player with some movies there, but we had downloaded some rental movies through the iTunes Store before we traveled. The WiFi works fine, but to download a movie took over 24 hours on my Ipad while there.

Bora Bora was a place that my husband and I had dreamed of visiting for years. Being there was truly a dream come true.. It was hard to say good bye. The Black Pearl Over the Water Bungalow was a large part of what made our trip absolutely wonderful.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Exploring and then coming
Liked least: Leaving
Older travelers
Bumbie
San Francisco, California
“Perfect rental”
Reviewed 22 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

I am reluctant to say how wonderful Black Pearl is, lest next time we want to stay here it will be fully booked. As frequent vacation home renters, I can say that everything about the house worked - all kitchen facilities, clothes washer, floor plan, outdoor spaces, etc. Bed and all furniture were very comfortable. Internet/wifi worked well, with multiple devices connected at same time. Richard (owner) and Nir (manager) were a pleasure to deal with, prior to and during the rental - flexible, knowledgeable, and helpful.

But I cannot begin to describe how special the location is. We had glorious sunsets each evening from the deck, after which we lay on the water deck and watched about 1.5 gazillion stars. During the day, the lagoon view is spectacular. Snorkeling and swimming couldn't have been easier. We never did try the kayaks, but saw many people kayak or canoe past us each day.

Don't be put off by Bora Bora's reputation for expensive food. We found wonderful, very fresh fish at the Super U and cooked it almost every day. It cost a fraction of what we pay in the States. It was fun to prepare meals and eat them out on the deck. Restaurants were almost a burden.

Car rental could not have gone more smoothly - be sure to do this through Nir rather than an agency.

In short, this was one of the most special ten days of our very long lives. We look forward longingly to our return here, though it am writing this on the outdoor deck on our last day of the rental. Do not even CONSIDER a hotel, compared to Black Pearl.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
People with disabilities Older travelers
SHYBOY201...
La Canada Flintridge, California
“BEST PLACE TO STAY IN BORA BORA... NO BRAG; JUST FACT”
Reviewed 24 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

We just came back 3 days ago. Boy are we happy that we DIDN"T stay at a hotel in an " over the water bungalow" There is NO COMPARRISON... Richard's place is huge in comparison to the typical hotel deal and you are not "trapped" at the hotel. Fully equipped kitchen... Nice nice place.. We rented a car from Nir (the manager) and really were free to enjoy the entire island. Do your grocery shopping at "Chin Lee's" and pretend you live there;instead of being a tourist. Don't miss the Peking Duck at the Chinese Restaurant. Use the travel agent that Richard suggests... Really no problems at all.

I have only great things to say about the Black Pearl. I have a friend who will rent this great place for a week next year.

Liked best: There was no
Liked least: Nothing.. As above......
Friends getaway Older travelers
Martha T
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Just as promised”
Reviewed 22 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

We just returned from a glorious trip to Bora Bora. Over the past year, I have been dealing with both Richard (owner) and Nir (manager). Initially, I was dubious about some of their advice...... We must rent a car, don't try to ride a bike, the bungalow is a deal. Do take their advice! It is entirely true and sincere. The bungalow is large, comfortable and in a perfect setting to enjoy the water or just hanging out. (the bathroom is fantastic!) Nir picks you up at the pier and gives you a cell phone in order to contact him during your stay. He is readily available and helpful about all things Bora Bora.
As for "the deal", just check prices of an equivalent bungalow at one of the resorts. Sky high!
Thanks to Nir and Richard.
Martha T.

Holland, Michigan
“Two weeks in Paradise”
Reviewed 15 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

Thanks to Richard and Nir for an awesome stay at the Black Pearl. I am not gone yet, but I just want to say thanks to both of you in advance. What a gorgeous place you shared, trusting me to take care of it and enjoy it as much as you do. I was met by Nir, who just gave me the keys to his car and said have fun. "Call me if you need anything", and off I went to claim any and all of Bora Bora that I could. What wonderful people I met, so pleasant and friendly. I loved driving around the island, grocery shopping and sight-seeing. I had a wonderful lagoon boat tour with Ed, from Maohi Nui, around the lagoon snorkeling and swimming with stingrays and sharks. I bought some beautiful black pearl jewelry from Wendy, at Arc En Ciel. And, just before I leave I will get a tattoo at Marama Tattoo. All of these experiences were on your recommendation, and I so appreciate it. Sometimes I am asked where I am staying, and I get a special nod in response whenever I answer The Black Pearl. I feel less of a tourist and more a tiny bit like a local. Thanks again to both of you!

Travelling group: Solo
Jay D
Boston, Massachusetts
“4 out of 5 - Incredibly thorough review”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

I think I paid 2450 USD for 5 nights during our stay from August 4th to August 9th. We are from the U.S (you know how we can be picky and snobby), so this will be a thorough review. BOTTOM LINE: Don’t have hotel standards. It’s a Bed and Breakfast not the Four Seasons. If you are looking for constant service for things you want and how you want it, then pay for the Four Seasons. If you are looking for a well-maintained place for a great value and okay with being independent, then you may want to check this place out. Please check my pics. We arrived from a free water taxi shuttle and via email were told by Nir (Richard’s manager) to meet him at the dock. Nir gave us a phone to call him and ONLY him. You can’t use the phone to make any other calls (only to call Nir). We talked a few times. He also gave us the car and apartment key and Wifi code. Richard is the owner of the bungalow and we could email him if we wanted to, but all we needed was to make sure to pay him in advance. I had to put down one thousand bucks to reserve it. I paid the rest a couple months later. Nir had our car ready to go (50,000 francs which dropped to 45,000 francs in total for 5 nights). He said he only takes cash for the car. We dropped him off at his spot and then hunted for our bungalow. Nir told us to look for 5 identical bungalows after Faanui. We eventually saw the bungalows and ours had a private sign on the bridge to the bungalow. Actually you can see the bungalow from the airport. My wife liked to call the houses on the mountain: stilts. This was her landmark. We were able to park in front. Inside the bungalow is a microwave, toaster, convection oven, stove, silverware, some food might be there (pancake mix, oatmeal), refrigerator, TV (minimal stations – 40 or so - and most in French language), umbrellas, DVD player, free wifi (weak connection for streaming movies, but doable), grill, fan, AC , bed with mosquito net, two sunbathing chairs, inflatable floatees (I left one behind for others to use), kayaks (we didn’t use, but they are on the side of the bungalow), washing machine (dry your clothes outside on the clothespins), handy tools, detergent, maps, books, lots of extra towels, spacious shower, and sliding doors with wooden handles that act as security so no one can enter from outside and slide the doors open. The bed was comfy. My wife believes there was a stain on the bed sheets (I’m not so sure). At any rate, she changed the sheets. The king-size bed is like a futon. My wife likes to feel like she is falling into a cloud, but I like beds kind of hard. We swam outside of the bungalow, but beware of coral! Bring your swimming shoes and I had my wife float in the inflatable floatee. Towards the back of the bungalow it’s about 10 feet deep. We entered from shore. There are no sharks in water, just a few colorful fish and we saw a stingray. I wouldn’t go too far out since boats pass by including police that do circles around the island. You will see them from the living room as there are no curtains (just shades on the windows). I felt this place was well worth the money. The only thing that may be tricky is the laundry directions. A manual would’ve been nice, albeit there are directions taped on it. You will see quite a few directions and signs posted in the bungalow. The screen door located in the living room fell out 3 - 4 times as I moved it to the left (missing a handle) and it just fell completely out. I placed it back in, but since it’s missing a handle and falls out easily, it needs to be replaced. No smoking inside. You’ll see geckos running around every now and then. Mosquitoes weren’t too bad, but we got bitten a few times on the porch. There was a pretty big bug found near our bed that I killed. A few bugs in the bathroom that fly around. What do you expect? You are in a tropical area, not a triple decker in the Northeast region of the U.S. Make sure to use flip flops in bathroom as I slipped without them on. We just made sure to have the fan on to minimize the amount of bugs. In order to turn on the AC you need to go into your bedroom with the remote and point to the sensor in the bottom right corner of the room. Wifey says the couch and pillows are bit stinky and could use shampoo. Within the living room there are 3 remotes for the TV, DVD and Satellite and directions that are confusing. The wife says she was annoyed by it all and said “take way 20 points on the review”. Haha! I won’t do that. I’m pretty tech-savvy and I spend a good 25 minutes trying to get the DVD to work. There are about 25 DVDs (not all in English because you are in FRENCH Polynesia) and I’ll let you know how to get the DVD to work. The volume to the DVD is difficult to figure out. You must use the Samsung power button for the DVD. You must get close - few inches away from the DVD and use the Samsung volume. The DVD slot is in the big machine (top right-hand and difficult to see). Then, we used the Toshiba remote and had to find a circle symbol next to the zero button. It is to the right of it and it’s a circle with an arrow symbol. Press that and go down to number 4 (not number 3 like the directions say). This will get you to the DVD screen. The remotes all work you just have to really aim at the sensors and maybe get close up. I hit the middle button that read “OK” for the Satellite remote and used up and down buttons to change the channels. The electricity also went out on the street for half an hour. Not sure if that’s just a coincidence or more frequent than we think. I think this location is great because you are right there on the main road and can easily get around with the car. No need to get a hotel and take a water taxi (you’ll have to pay) to get to the main island. It’s much cheaper here, I’m sure of it! You will have to pay 1,000 a night at a hotel. Plus, where you really save is with the grocery shopping. There are two supermarkets (and two gas stations) not too far from the main dock. We gave this place 4 stars out of 5 as there are some items that could be attended to a bit better, but we’d come back again. Thank you Richard and Nir because you were both great during this process.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and value
Liked least: The DVD/ DVDs, sliding door near living room space
People with disabilities Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing