“Very Good”

Restaurant La Suite
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Diner, French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Smart and modern restaurant offering fine and tasty cuisine. Open from 18:00 to 22:00 from Thursday to Tuesday.Free pick-up on reservation. Air conditioned.
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My wife and went to La Suie on a reccomendation from another couple that was staying at our resort. We really liked it. We went to Bloody Marys, Mai Kai, Lucky House, and this was the most formal.

1  Thank Richdawg72

Reviewed 15 March 2012

We had to pay for transfer from hotel to restaurant more than we paid for food, nice food but nothing special.

2  Thank ruzannaca
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I really hate writing this review, especially since the chef was nice enough to visit our table but the food was less than average.

My husband and I come from the city of great food, San Francisco so we tend to place restaurants on a very high level especially at 40-50 bucks per entree.

We began with their appetizer special, the restaurants take on a sushi role which wasn't bad. My husband ordered the risotto which was bland and uninspiring, something you could get at say a red lobster in the states.

Main course was the tuna stuffed with foie gras... When we received the entree it basically was seared foie gras in between 2 seared pieces of tuna. The odd part was the sauce on the plate, sauce you would pair with lamb or beef, certainly not fish. Overall the food was below average.
Maybe we came on an off night but certainly will not return.

Positive note - our waitress was super friendly and highly attentive and the chef, super sweet.

3  Thank Sffoodie78
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Innovating and inspiring french cuisine! Wonderful food presentation... Dessert was amazing (so beautiful it's almost a shame to eat it.). The mix of tastes was just perfect. We highly recommend this restaurant! Probably the best on the island.

1  Thank Debbie H
Reviewed 11 December 2011

This restaurant was recommended by the staff at Arc en Ciel (the pearl store) and they were not wrong. This was the best meal my wife and I had in Bora Bora. Don't let the fact that this is in a former japanese restaurant in the Sofitel put you off. If you like black truffles and/or fois gras, you will be very happy. We both had excellent appetizers, but the pumpkin soup served with black truffle ice cream was outstanding. For the main course I had seared tuna with fois gras and both were prepared perfectly. My wife had chicken with black truffle and it was also wonderful. We finished with the chocolate and caramel dessert and it proved to be the perfect finish to a great meal.

1  Thank kcole5