We booked a pick up from the airport however on arrival the hotel rep. told us that it was more economical to take the Air Tahiti ferry and that she would arrange for a taxi to meet us at the jetty. The taxi fare was then 2500 CHF compared to 9000 per person on the hotel boat. We were well greeted and attended to at check-in. We arrived at the hotel at 930 am and were shown to our room by 11am even though the check in is normally at 2pm. We stayed in room 60 a lagoon front room . Most of the room is overwater and there is "one step" access to the water. Beneath the rooms there was fantastic fish life and this continued at the multiple reef sites around the hotel. We snorkelled further into the lagoon and saw sting rays, spotted eagle rays and green sea turtle. The room itself was spacious and comfortable king size bed. Air conditioning and ceiling fans fitted.A great deck for relaxing and watching the day go by. Free snorkelling equipment and kayaks available . The hotel also caterers for young children and the beach area makes it safe for them to play and swim. We were spoilt with treats to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary and my husband's birthday. The dinner buffet with traditional Polynesian dancers was a good night although very pricey. Breakfast buffet was large with food choices for most nationalities. The alcarte menu was also expensive for dinner but the location of the hotel meant it was an easy stroll to other less expensive restaurants a bonus compared to the "motu" hotels like Le Meredien, Four Seasons etc. at which you would be stuck eating "in house". A small negative in paradise was that the local roosters made noise all day long from early in the morning however with the air conditioning going in the room they did not wake us up.
All the staff were friendly, attentive and very accommodating. Overall a great place to stay for romance and recharging your batteries.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort is located on the island of Bora Bora in the heart of the exceptional Matira Bay. The island of Bora Bora is encircled by a protective necklace of coral. Breathtaking lush mountains provide a dramatic backdrop for the luminous turquoise, lapis and aquamarine of the sheltered lagoon. There is something truly unique about Bora Bora, with its sugary sands, rugged mountains, vivid blues, lush greens and soothing lagoon waters that make it the most romantic destination in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach And Private Island Hotel Bora Bora
- Sofitel Bora Motu Private Island
- Accor Bora Motu Private Island
- Bora Bora Sofitel
- Sofitel Motu Bora Bora