We just returned from our honeymoon last week Tuesday. We spent 2 weeks in New Zealand to start then ended our trip with 4 days on Moorea and 4 days on Bora Bora. We stayed at the Hilton on both Moorea and Bora Bora. I've read through the reviews on the Hilton Bora Bora with utter shock. People are mostly reviewing the beauty of Bora Bora and the location and ambiance of this resort/hotel. This hotel is very beautiful. The island it is located on is remote, quiet, and gorgeous. Several times we just looked at each other and said, "Wow we just feel so relaxed". A perfect feeling for the end of an action packed 2 weeks on New Zealand and 3 week honeymoon. You can snorkel right out your door and swim in amazing water. Our Lagoon View Bungalow was pretty spectacular as well. Rain shower, huge deck, incredible tub for 2...it was private and quiet and secluded. I honestly wonder if there is a bad room @ this resort.
Does this sound familiar? It's the same thing you will read in these other reviews.
Here's the bad. I have never had such awful, terrible, incredibly ridiculous service in all of my life. We ate at both restaurants and were appalled and shocked both nights. We decided to go elsewhere for dinner the other 2 nights. It is worth taking a boat to the main island to eat, trust me. Forgotten menus, long waits, service staff never offering another drink or appetizer or dessert. Orders were placed improperly. I'm not kidding you, we did a lot of waiting and a lot of looking around. During the looking around we noticed other couples were also looking around. Because our food, drinks, bread, salads, EVERYTHING took so damn long it was easy to observe that everyone else around us seemed to be in the same boat.
Breakfast was the same.
Happy hour was the same. We sat at the bar for 20+ minutes (yes my husband checked his watch) and the bartender never even acknowledged we were there. She was waiting on ONE table of 4 people sitting out by the pool and didn't even have the courtesy to tell us that she would be right with us. We finally tracked down the hotel manager and he agreed that the service of the employees is terrible. Okay, terrible right? We told him of our experiences at dinner, the pool, the beachside breakfast restaurant. We explained how much MORE MONEY this resort could have made off of us by simply offering dessert or a second glass of wine with a meal. I honestly cannot believe this resort has allowed this poor service to continue. You better basically be prepared to drop ~$1000/day on this little island/resort. It's expensive. You'll be charged for any and all bottled water. We were fine with the cost. The location is heaven. Please don't expect good service. Rumor is from the sailboat captain (we did a sailing tour one day of the lagoon) that the best service is at the 4 Seasons; also probably one of the most expensive places to stay on Bora Bora. Apparently they hired all of the good people. The employees at the Hilton are poorly trained if they can't even acknowledge a customer waiting to spend money and enjoy a drink or meal.
I'd go back to Bora Bora in a heartbeat. I wouldn't stay at this hotel if someone paid for me to do it. To me, for this price, you should get service. At least average service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bora Bora... It's possibly the most glamorously famous island in the world. Bora Bora's legends, mysteries and romance lend an almost mystical dimension to its very name. The island rises up from the middle of the crystalline, multi-colored waters of its celebrated lagoon which is protected in turn from the ocean by a string of tiny coral islets. Suspended between turquoise waters and limitless skies, Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa nestles in a sacred cove of white sand and majestic lava rock. Here you will find a sensitive blend of authenticity and luxury - the very best of Polynesian tradition combined with sumptuous comfort. A wifi connection is available for free all across the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Conrad Bora Bora Nui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui Hotel Bora Bora
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort And Spa
- Hilton Bora Nui Hotel
- Hilton Bora Nui Resort