“Paridise must be similar”

Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Had a gourgeous overwater bungalow. Fab! Cleaned twice a day, all amenities including Nespresso machine. Service never invading but always present, the way it should be in a luxury hotel. You have no sunset or sundown view but the beach is to die for. White sand and palms bent over the sea shore. Activities are well organized and the reception staff very helpful and professional. Food is good but not extraordinary while service is attentive. Nothing is dull at the Pearl Beach, which makes it worth the money spent.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank carlettog
DGBorapearlbeach, Directeur général at Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Carlettog,
Thank you very much for the wonderful review on Tripadvisor.
We are glad that your stay was unforgettable and I hope you will come and visit us again.
Wishing you all the best

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed in the over the water bungalows and absolutely loved it there. The hotel and the employees who worked there were wonderful! It was everything we had dreamed of! Highly recommend staying there!

Room Tip: We requested a bungalow out far on the dock and they did give us what we asked for! Great snorkeling...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Rockingrobin222,
Thank you for the nice review on Tripadvisor.
We are glad that your stay was enjoyable.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed at this little slice of paradise July 6th through the 9th, 2013. We had a beach room that was unique, decorated with authentic natural materials, bamboo, wood, pandanus, etc. All evidence of pipes, drains were covered. The sinks and shower are outside the room in your own little courtyard, covered. A jacuzzi in the little garden area next to sinks. Separate little room for toilet. Bamboo walls let the breeze flow through with drapes to pull to keep sand, bugs, and wind out. The view of Bora Bora is amazing, the beach flung with hammocks and lounges. The resort feels relaxed everywhere. The service is sometimes slow, but what's the hurry, you're in paradise! We did lagoonarium with the kids one day and the guides are great and funny too, see turtles, sting rays, sharks, lots of fun. And the handsome men who work at the resort wear only a skirt (parea) like sheet wrapped around their waists. They left a t-shirt and a visor for us complimentary and toys for our six year old. My only concern was the isolation, you were pretty stuck there for meals but they did provide free boat rides from the motu on which the resort is to the main island of Bora Bora. Beware of transportation, we asked for help getting to Bloody Mary's on the main island for dinner. We didn't make clear the cost before the ride arranged by the hotel, with a local guy, and it ended up costing us $50 for a short ride from the Pearl Beach Resort private dock on the island to the restaurant and back. Also the hotel didn't have their polynesian dance night because of the Heiva (big annual celebration in Tahiti), and if you wanted to go to the main island for the Heiva (without using the expensive hotel arrangements) making trasportation arrangements was difficult. Otherwise, the experience was perfect!

Room Tip: If you book very early, like 9 months to a year prior, you can take advantage of the Early Bird Spec...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PaulaP51

Dear Paula P,
Thank you very much for the wonderful review on Tripadvisor.
Wishing you all the best

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed in a premium overwater bungalow and it was great. the resort is beautiful and there werent too many people around. the food at the hotel was very good and the staff was very nice.

the biggest issue with this resort and all of bora bora is that everything is really expensive. Additionally, the complimentary shuttle to the main land is great but we couldnt figure out why it didnt just take you directly into to town, instead you have to take a bus from where the boat drops you off to town, but the bus only makes runs to town 3 times a day. it was a little inconvenient.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Erika F,
Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to offer your feedback.
We have taken note of the comments you made, and we thank you to bring it to our attention, so that we can make adjustments accordingly.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Simply stunning. As you board the boat to Pearl Beach, colors of the water enrapture you. The reception is organized and a well trained person gives you excellent information, and then walks you to the bungalow.
The overwater bungalow has one king bed and a day bed that might be used for another person. The Plexiglas floor window can be opened to feed fish and has full view of coral underneath each bungalow. I saw many types of fish – yellow, light blue, dark blue, white, and black, etc. The tub is nice but is narrower than mine at home. The show is apart from the tub but water pressure is not fantastic. I loved the black soap provided. Bring your own shampoo. The one in the room smells nice but I put it on my color treated hair. My hair became very dry.
I liked the bed and pillow. Not sure why other reviewers stated bed felt hard. There is air conditioning but you need to close bathroom door and shower stall to keep cool air in. The blinds which open directly to the screen can be closed tight and still hear the ocean. Safety deposit box in the room was appreciated.
Our room was well kept morning and night. We received new towels each time, as needed. There is a mini bar/cooler in the stock with water, soda, alcohol and chips. We did not use the mini-bar so I am not sure of the cost.
What is truly fantastic is walking down the room’s ladder directly into the water. Water was perfect for July temperature. We were told this was the “fall” season but I don’t believe it was below 70 degrees at night. Perfect weather.
From your bungalow it is a 10 step walk to the coral nursery. AMAZING! Free snorkel, life vest and flippers are provided at the activities hut. I should mention that there were no flippers in my size (9) that were not bent. The front part was bent backwards and made it difficult to navigate. So, I just took them off. We brought and underwater camera and were stunned by the numerous species of colored fish. We also found a very small octopus or squid (who did not seem pleased to be found=). Also, be care of the coral underneath cabins as we have pictures of three small eels.
The grounds were fastidiously maintained. Every morning, someone was raking the sand and pulling seaweed in from the beach. There are sunning chairs and umbrellas on the beach. I loved the hammock in front of the activities hut between two palm trees. This provided shade and I could still hear the ocean and feel the breeze. The walk to the SPA afforded lush vegetation and felt like a cool rain forest – without the rain. It was well shadowed and pleasant walk.
Many vacationers during my stay were French speaking. So, I thought I would mention the television options are limited as it relates to English. The room directory lists 3 English movie channels and one English news station. Of the movie channels, one played endless Soprano reruns, one was not English and one channel played English Cinemax. The English news channel “Fox” would not display but showed white fuzz as if there were no connection. Not sure why anyone would want to watch TV with such fabulous surroundings….???
Activities:
The free activities include pool, putt-putt golf, badminton, pool, tennis, and kayak and snorkel gear. The pool table is in need of refurbishing and there was no chalk (if you are a serious pool player). If you scuba dive, I highly recommend the two tank scuba dive with Top Dive. Price is worth it. Also, they offer a refresher course if you are certified but have not been in a while. The tour guides were helpful and professional. There is also a Mountain Hike excursion. Again, there is a fee but the guide is from Africa and speaks English well. He said he had climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro. This tour is NOT an easy walk. Be assured you will have an excellent work out and get some great photos.
Manea Spa = Bliss!
I mean WOW. What an experience. I usually get a Swiss or deep tissue mass. The Polynesian is much different but I enjoyed it. It is more about a good soft kneading while using pressure points with the forearm. Also, the hands and feet received special attention, unlike the Swiss massage. I also enjoyed the Polynesian Delight package. This is a marvelous smelling exfoliate followed by a shower. The massage therapist then leaves the room for 30 min. She has prepared fresh fruit, fresh pineapple juice and water for drinking. The room has a HUGE bathtub full of lovely smelling flowers and a Jacuzzi. I tried both and felt utter peace. Upon her return, I received a Polynesian massage and a lovely facial. The steam room was nice but the sauna is out of order. At the spa you can choose which oil to be used. I believe the choices were grapefruit, coconut/banana, Tiera and another I can’t remember. The Tiera is the white flower traditionally worm in Polynesian women’s hair and smells like fresh honeysuckle.
Restaurants:
Lunch and dinner start with fresh bread and a small shot glass of pineapple juice. Got so spoiled on this wondered where it was when I got home.
Tevairaa is above the reception desk and serves breakfast. Many fresh fruit are offered. There is a cook to make specials such as fresh crepes, panes, eggs and omelets. I found the omelet to not be cooked thoroughly 2 out of 3 times. There is an excellent assortment of breads and jellies. The bacon was consistently burnt and the sausage was code. But I still enjoyed sitting in the open restaurant with a gentle breeze.
Miki Miki is the lunch/bar restaurant. I loved everything they served.
Ambrosia is an Italian restaurant and requires a reservation. However, pasta was rubbery and we did not eat there again.
Miscellaneous:
Tattoo – Tuhei is a very friendly and professional guy. He helps you pick special tattoos that have meaning such as family, love, strength etc. His work is incredible.
Bring an electric converter is you are coming from America.

Overall:
I was utterly pampered during my stay and wish to return.

Room Tip: If able, get bungalow 7 through 14. I stayed in 11 and was pleased since I was able to get sun morn...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Hot_Shuz
DGBorapearlbeach, Directeur général at Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear Hot_Shuz,
Thank you for the nice review on Tripadvisor.
We are glad that your stay was enjoyable.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

The resort is a 15 min boat ride from the airport. It's the only resort in the island. Stayed in one of the over the water bungalows. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating. The events people were very helpful with our needs in terms of the activities we want to do in the island. The food was mediocre but it was expected. There was only one restaurant in the hotel to eat at and the selection wasn't that good. But our over all experience was great and will come back again.

Room Tip: ask for the bungalows facing the beach or the main island
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abigail N

Dear Abigail N,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to offer your feedback concerning our property. It is with constructive comments such as yours that we are able to fine tune our services.
The issues that you brought to our attention regarding the restaurant are important to us and are being addressed, so that we can make adjustments accordingly and guarantee the best experience for our future guests.
I, personally, thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Recently my family & I were lucky enough to spend 3 nights at this lovely resort. We had a Garden Pool Bungalow and we were very happy with it, although if I had my time again I wouldn’t bother booking a room with a plungepool as it was tiny & somewhat unappealing-looking - and so freezing we did not use it at all (why would you anyway when the beach is absolutely to die for?) The grounds surrounding the bungalows are extremely beautiful – lush vegetation, well-kept paths & gardens and lilypad pools. Our bungalow had a queen bed and the kids were set up on single camp beds in the same room as us. There was also a separate nook with a vanity & room to store suitcases, plus a separate toilet and an outdoor shower which was a joy to use. The bungalow had a private garden which included a generously-sized outdoor table & benches, 2 sunlounges and the plungepool. WiFi was not free, although it was available for a fee that we felt was high.

From a vegetarian perspective – we struggled. Breakfast was excellent, but dinners – not so much. The first night we had dinner in the Tevairoa Restaurant. The only thing on the menu we could order was spaghetti in a tomato-based sauce. However, when it came out, it was obvious that it had come from a can, which we felt was poor. As the spaghetti was pretty much inedible we ended up filling up on bread rolls that night, but we would have had to have eaten an awful lot of them to justify the $80 bill! The second night we intended to have an early dinner at the Miki Miki Pool Restaurant before heading over to the mainland for an excursion, but when we arrived just before 5pm we discovered it had closed early for the day. Dinner that night became crackers & museli bars from the emergency stash we had brought from Australia! On the third night we discovered the Italian-themed Fare Ambrosia restaurant, where we all did OK. There was spaghetti on the menu, but we weren’t game to order it - we all had a variety of other pastas. If you are vegetarian, we recommend that you stick to the Fare Ambrosia restaurant at this resort.

We liked that the Pearl Beach Resort had an authentically Tahitian feel. We were also fortunate enough to spend a couple of nights at the St Regis and although it was an amazing place, to us it had an extremely “French” feel – most of the staff were French, it seemed only the maids and pool boys were Tahitian. We liked the friendliness of the Pearl Beach Resort, and in terms of the physical beauty of the view, the grounds and pool area it was just as lovely as the St Regis, plus it wasn’t as much of a battle to secure a deckchair on the gorgeous beach. You will not be disappointed with a stay at the Pearl Beach Resort.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Vegetarian_Aussie

Dear catnip_redroses,
Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to offer your nice feedback.
I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful holiday, and enjoyed the comfort of your bungalow as well as the facilities throughout our resort.
We have taken note of the comments you made regarding the vegetarian food and we thank you to bring it to our attention, so that we can make adjustments accordingly.
I do hope you will honor us a return visit to our property.