“great resort!”

Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great resort! Everyone was so kind. The room was really luxurious and spacious, with spectacular view of mount Otemanu. Diving centre inside! I would only like to have free wi-fi and have a buffet at dinner....

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
7  Thank NatasaFil
Write a ReviewReviews (2,625)

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Our representative that checked us in her name was anita and she was wonderful.....no amazing. She really watched after us even after check in. The over water bungalow could have used some repair. Few loose boards and railings.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Bora Bora is breathtaking! The lagoon is beautiful and too many colors of blue to describe here.
The rooms on the water and in the gardens are unbelievable. From the one on the water we could see the fishes everywhere. The rooms were decorated with very much taste.
Talking about taste, the food were very good. Breakfast serves about anything you want.
Too bad we could not stay longer. I would definitely return there.
Kyaks and paddles are available and for free which helps as everything is very expensive in Polynesia. From the kyaks you often see raies, some sharks in the evening.

Room Tip: try both, garden and overwater rooms
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Great hotel with excellent personnel service ! We loved our bungalow over water experience. Food was incredible ! especially the Italian restaurant ! The waiters are professionnal. Beach is beautiful. There is a little too much mosquitos compared to other hotels though.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Loved our stay here, amazingly beautiful. Excellent service and rooms. Super clean, fresh exotic fruits available at breakfast. Wish we could have stayed longer!
Beaches are amazing, it was my 1st time to Bora Bora.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Salvatore M
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We traveled to the Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort in November 2013. The property is beautiful! The water is crystal clear and a gorgeous view of the mountain. We stayed in a beach bungalow for the first 3 nights. It is like your own little house. With the bedroom, a front room with a couch and table, and a private backyard with a small jacuzzi and outside bathroom. The only complaint I have about the beach bungalow is the mosquitos are SO BAD there. I probably had about 20 bites on each leg. They give you a can of spray for them, but it doesn't do too much, and can be a little hard to avoid them since the bathroom is outside. Other than the mosquitos was amazing and we didn't think it could get any better...until we got into our overwater bungalow.

We stayed in one of the End of Pontoon overwater bungalows for the last 4 nights. I might be biased, but I felt like our bungalow had the most privacy and best views.
We stayed in #44. It was like Heaven, and we hardly left the bungalow and the water around it (only to get food). There is a glass table where you can see fish underneath. And at night we enjoyed sitting outside watching the sharks swim by (Black tip reef sharks that seem to be harmless...we swam with them one day in an excursion booked at the front desk). The room was also clean and beautifully decorated.

The food at the resort is expensive, so be prepared for that, because there is no way around it. There is also a nice coral reef area that you can snorkel in, that has all kinds of fish.

In the end, it was a it was a great trip and I highly recommend the Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KariCombs
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My review may sound extremely confusing to many, but there is the reason why. The resort itself and most of the employees are simply incredible , they really care for you and some again some of them go out of their ways to get you anything, on the other hand and this is very important. This is by no means no cheap vacation nor the island or the resort, so with that being said you expect to receive what you pay for ,or at least one can assume. Well that is not the case the upper management is very rude although they present a very friendly attitude, they simply don't care for your needs' remember you have already paid for your vacation. The resort itself has a sign stating to be a 4 star accommodation, and I wonder who gave it to them and what is the criteria I paid in advance for al my meals for breakfast and dinner's for three people one being a 14 year old, well upon arrival the first night she was handed a kids menu on which the highlight was chicken nuggets and French fries. There is no secrecy when you speak to the management within seconds of your conversation the whole resort knows what was the conversation about ,instead of fixing the issue. The adult menu although is fancy the portions are very small for what you pay for it. Because of my prior job I traveled quite a bit from Japan and Korea to the entire Caribbean and the middle east have always stayed in suites in Marriots or Ritz Carltons , with that being said , I have seen better care from management or food in two star hotels from these chains. I will go back to the French Polynesia soon but this time I will stay on main land where the real people is where you really get the feeling and experience the real Bora Bora and its people, versus staying in a supposed 4 star establishment that need a lot of improvement on human relationships and food service, nothing that you get there is free so if anyone read this post you will understand what I am trying to say, shouldn't you receive at minimum what you pay for. I have spoken to my travel agent about the whole ordeal and the last word was, that my claims are being investigated, it is so sad that in an island full of palm trees the manager of the resort promise you a coconut a simple coconut and his orders went on deaf ears because , if it wasn't for the lady in the souvenir shop that brought me some from her own house across the island ,I would have never got none. Even got mangos from her. If anyone should be the example of how to treat a guest without a doubt it should be Mrs. Hilsa former Mrs. Bora Bora 92 what a human being. What a way to represent her culture and her people. Because of her and the tour guys on the main island I will be back in French Polynesia.

Room Tip: Stay in the mainland you can get the same bungalows for way cheaper than the resorts as well as for...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Carlos1115
SylvainDelanchy, Directeur général at Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Carlos111,

I remember perfectly your stay and your complain on arrival day about the lack of coconut at the reception. I told you that we don't provide this kind of service anymore because most of the guests are not fond of coconut water... But we did it kindly for you as a special treatment.

I'm really sad to read your post depicting a terrible stay, with poor management care. Specialy after discussing about this matter in your room for an hour and several courtesy talk during your stay.
Let me remind you the special attentions that we provide you with (free of charge) :
- We deliver you a coconut on arrival day in your room (extra treatment). The F&B manager collected 7 coconuts in the garden for you and put it in the fridge and informed you of its availability at the restaurant.
- A free bottle of white wine delivered in room.
- A fruit platter delivered in room.
- A surprise anniversary cake, while we were talking together in your room you mentioned it was your anniversary (extra treatment).

We always pay a close attention to our guest comments striving to exceed everyone expectations. I think you really had many opportunities to tell us what you expected and we fulfilled all what you ask for.
I remember, I met with you on departure day, you seems rather happy when I ask you whether everything was ok or not ? You told me it was ok, and you mentioned there is only "minor things, nothing important to mention".

So again, I'm really sad to read your comment after all what we did to satisfy you and the talk we had together.
We provided you with customized services just like the Boutique attendant did on her end.
Anyway, I hope you will keep a good memory of French Polynesia.