The word "Moana" can mean "Economy" in Polynesian, if it is, then Intercontinental Le Moana is probably one of the best "economy hotels" in the world.
We had a 7 night stay in an horizon overwater bungalow in mid April, below is a summary of our experiences:
* Great location on the main island - we took the free ferry from airport to town and another 1000XPF for a ride (just ask the locals) to get to the hotel (no need to pay $$$ for a shared boat from airport to hotel)
* Great welcoming experience at reception with flowers, wet towel and a free drunks voucher (as IC ambassador)
* Room with good view of waters, mountain and sofitel private island
* Very well appointed room with aircon, free wifi, fish feeding table, couch, 2 TVs, bath tub, and a deck to get into the water
* There are cheap restaurants just outside the hotel door, eg. pizzas around 1800XPF, steaks around 2500XPF. There's also a tour booking agent, which is slightly cheaper than hotel. (We booked our tour direct with operator) There is also a few shops where you can hire bikes/scooters etc. We hired a scooter for half day for 5000XPF
* There's a public beach next to hotel with amazing sunset
* The best housekeeping staff I have seen!
* Free snorkel equipment
* Reasonably priced meals and drinks at the hotel
* Free canoe breakfast for honeymooners staying 6 nights or more
* Generally more fish in the area with many reefs near the rooms.
* No longer free to travel to IC Thalasso, Cost is 1700XPF return per person. This is disappointing because transfer from Thalasso to Le Moana is actually free.
* We weren't able to get a free upgrade to a night to Thalasso like so many people were able to. We were told repeatedly we had to arrange it ourselves with the hotel. (May be our rate from Expedia was low?)
* The toilet is a bit smelly, not sure if it's the sewage pipe or humidity
* It can be quite windy at times which means kayaking can be tiring due to the choppy water. We went to IC Thalasso and Le meridan, the water there is a LOT calmer.
* Good buffet breakfasts but variety is smaller than Thalasso.
Overall, we had a great time in Le Moana, would have given it a 5 star if we didn't have such high expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort is located to the south side of the main island, at the famous Matira point, considered as one of the most beautiful beach in the world. The hotel situated only 8kms away from the main city of Vaitape, offers you a breathtaking view on the lagoon, but also on the impressive Mt OTEMANU and PAHIA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Prestigia, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bora Bora Le Moana Hotel Bora Bora
- Intercontinental Le Moana Bora