The IC Le Moana was amazing. We arrived and had a boat waiting to pick us up, had a beautiful trip over to the hotel through the lagoon. We were quickly greeted and taken to our bungalow. We paid a little extra for a horizon OWB at the advice of my travel agent. It was very much worth it, a small amount of money to guarantee you don't have a bungalow facing the beach. Especially important for us, as we spent 90+% of our time laying out on our bungalow porch. We had bungalow 19, it faced the Sofitel island and Raitea and Huahine, two islands off in the distance. One day we took a kayak across to the coral gardens, a great snorkeling experience. We did Bloody Marys, a definite must do! The activity that we loved the most was the Aquasafari or the underwater helment dive. You walk around 10' underwater and feed stingrays and such on the bottom of the lagoon. Walk over to Matira beach, good places for lunch, including Matira Beach Restaurant. Also, we really enjoyed this hotel's location because we weren't on a Motu, we enjoyed walking to the local supermarket to pick up snacks and fruit juice. We bought rum in duty free at LAX and used that for our drinks...much better than having to walk from the bungalow to the beach bar and much cheaper than $15-20/drink. We could also walk somwhere for lunch if we wanted to, I would hate to have to take a boat to the main island, then get a couple bags of stuff...then have to lug it all the way back. Anyways, just a flat out amazing trip...cannot wait to return!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort is located to the south side of the main island, at the famous Matira point, considered as one of the most beautiful beach in the world. The hotel situated only 8kms away from the main city of Vaitape, offers you a breathtaking view on the lagoon, but also on the impressive Mt OTEMANU and PAHIA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Southall Travel, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bora Bora Le Moana Hotel Bora Bora
- Intercontinental Le Moana Bora