Stayed here for 5 nights on my honeymoon in an overwater horizon bungalow. Loved the bungalow and the view. Room was clean, amenities were nice, found it to be very comfortable, and not at all worn down.
Upon arrival by the hotels private boat from the airport we were met with someone from reception who offered us fresh juice while we checked in. I must say that she was quite eager to get going so we did feel like we had to hurry up with the drinks (not very relaxing)! She also told us that for a fee of 15,000 xpf (€150) we would be able to keep our bungalow until our departure time on check out day. She forgot to mention that this was based on availability and so we were devastated to find out 3 days prior to leaving that this was not an option since our bungalow was reserved. We were offered a beach bungalow (lowest category) which was available. Seeing as this meant that we had to pack up and get out of our over water bungalow to move to another for a few hours we asked for a discount on the rate since keeping your own bungalow and moving to a lower category bungalow was not exactly the same. We kept getting the excuses from reception who would go in the back and ask the manager who did not even bother to come out and speak to us until we absolutely insisted. This manager came out with a horrible attitude and instead of showing some flexibility and compassion she just told us flat out this is the way it was. I at this point added my two cents of what I thought of the place which is that you have to pay for absoluetely everything despite the fact that we had to pay an arm and a leg for the room itself, and that service left al ot to be desired. In the end considering our long flight back from Bora Bora to New York, we had no choice but to take the bungalow.
Now to the positives. Hotel is beautiful and is in a great location. There are a few restaurants near by so there is no need to have dinner at the hotel (not recommended). The concierge was very helpful and there were many activities and excursions available. We tried the scuba diving for the first time and loved it. If you do this, keep all valuables at the hotel and only take towels and something to change into. We also hired a boat and navigated ourselves around some beautiful spots like the coral gardens (must see).
Internet was a bit pathetic considering the cost yet there was only one station available for guests, so there was sometimes a long line.
Breakfast was buffet, and they offer quite alot. Only negative was that the fresh cut fruit was full of insects since it was not covered.
Room service is limited. We chose to order from the room service menu at the bar and take it to the bungalow ourselves which cuts down on some costs. Only thing is that the tray stayed outside our room for 2 days before someone came and picked it up.
A shuttle is available to take guests to town at a cost per person, and this operates twice daily (morning and afternoon). The town is good for souveniers etc, there is not much else to do there. There is a supermarket within walking distance of the hotel (10 mins) and that was convenient.
Overall good choice hotel in Bora Bora.
We did go to the famous Villa Mahana (see review).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort is located to the south side of the main island, at the famous Matira point, considered as one of the most beautiful beach in the world. The hotel situated only 8kms away from the main city of Vaitape, offers you a breathtaking view on the lagoon, but also on the impressive Mt OTEMANU and PAHIA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Prestigia, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bora Bora Le Moana Hotel Bora Bora
- Intercontinental Le Moana Bora