Intercontinental Thalasso Spa - While it takes some time to get there, once on the resort/spa property, you can totally relax to your content. We took a family of 4 (kids age 9 & 14) and we were able to live in #125 hut over the water with no problem. The hotel provided a trundle and sofa bed. Plenty of living space especially including the 2 outside decks.
We arrived first week of March 2014 and were lucky to get a week of no rain. We are an active family so this resort was perfect. Free paddle board and kayaks on the beach, snorkel equipment, noon pool side lessons with the "pool boy" (coconut husking, hat making, how to make local fish dish), feeding the sting rays every day at 2pm, walking trail, multiple beaches, infinity pool, billiards and ping pong.
We were concerned that this would be a honeymoon centered resort but were surprised to find a great mix of cultures and ages. We made friends with a family from Boston, a couple from Texas and a mom & daughter from Canada. There were many French speaking folks around also.
Most everyone speaks English and French and many speak Tahitian.
1. Use a travel agent - Tahiti Travel Planners, Samantha Worthen - outstanding service and able to answer all questions. We received a packet prior to travel with all itineraries and were personally greeted in Tahiti and escorted to local plane connection. She was able to help us determine if we wanted to island hop and which hotel was the most family friendly. We will use her again when heading back to south pacific.
2. Meal plan - everything is expensive and to get to other restaurants you have to hire a boat or take free shuttles to main land and hire a taxi. If you have the ability to bring snacks and WATER do so or pick these items up on a trip to town. Tip: if you use the refrig in room to store your own food/fruit and take out some of the items to make room for your food, make sure they don't charge you for those items.
3. Sunscreen & medicine - Take your own! The local sunscreen is expensive and does not block as well as USA brands. We took Benadryl cream, Benadryl tablets, thermometer, advil, Tylenol, Neosporin, Band-Aids, cortisone crème, tums and we used them ALL. Well, between us and some of our new friends who had allergic reactions to detergent or headaches from sun. Point is....come prepared because the resort store carries limited items.
4. Check passports - you can't leave if your passports expire within 3 months of your exit date. NOTE kid passports expire every 5 YEARS not every 10.
5. Activities - Check in with the concierge right away. Check the weather and book your activities. They are friendly, helpful and honest about what will and will not work for you based on weather, ages, etc.
Aqua Safari - snuba adventure - super cool,
Pur Snorkle Tour - Very informative and you get to see the entire lagoon (re apply sunscreen liberally on this tour).
Trip to Viatape - mainland main town. Good shopping
We did not use the spa facilities but understood from others it was amazing.
Overall one of our best vacations ever!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa is located between the two hearts of Motu Piti Aau, a coral island on the barrier reef. The Deep Ocean Spa is the centerpiece, but the resort offers lots of cultural and recreational activities to fill your days including canoeing, kayaking, snorkeling, stargazing and handicraft demonstrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Thalasso-Spa Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- Intercontinental Thalasso Hotel Bora
- Intercontinental Thalasso Resort Bora
- Intercontinental Bora Bora