InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Matira(Bora Bora)
2,494 results
All reviewsreef restaurantbubbles bardiamond bungalowdiamond otemanuour honeymoonfishmain islandsting ray feedingambassador cluble corailmeal plandeep oceanfrench polynesialiving roomtea roombreakfast and dinnergolf cart
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We are at the resort right now and i have to say....it is beautiful. We just got married earlier this afternoon in the overwater chapel and the ceremony was fantastic. Our wedding co-ordinator Vicky is amazing, she went our of her way to help me out when i could not use my curling iron with the convertor i brought. She has actually lent me her personal one for the week.......completely amazing and she totally understands customer service!!! thank you Vicky....we love you!!!

If you are looking for a destination to get married......come here. they are wonderful and the lagoon and overwater chapel is pure heaven!!

i'll let you all know how the rest of the week goes but if it is anything like the last two days....i give it a two thumbs up!!!

Room Tip: we are in 223 and it has a direct view of the mountain and the water is only waist deep!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CrownandGinger
Guillaume E, General Manager at InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest, Ia Orana from Bora Bora,

What a wonderful comment! Mauruuru for sharing it here!

We are thrilled to read you had a beautiful wedding ceremony. A special thanks to Vicky who was definitely your reference.

We hope to see you again soon, maybe to celebrate anniversary?

Sunny Regards & Best Wishes,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Absolutely fabulous, stayed in an overwater villa which was gorgeous and spacious, I also love the deck size on the villa, some of the other top resorts only have small ones. Everything about this place is fabulous, never mind the fabulous view.
This is heaven, one day I'll get back again.

Room Tip: Overwater villa, people this is the only choice worthy in Bora Bora
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Guillaume E, General Manager at InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Ia Orana Suzie, Greetings from Bora Bora,

Mauruuru for your taking time to share your experience here.

We are very happy to read you loved your stay with us.

The sundeck is a special feature which is really appreciated by our guests.

We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again, Suzie.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I gotta say, thoroughly impressed with the Intercontinental Thalasso Spa and Resort.

The huts over the water are enormous, you could live here!

The room service is constantly straightening up after you when you leave the room replacing robes and towels.

The views are unbelievable and the staff is wonderful.

If you are looking for a resort to stay at in Bora Bora, stay here. Completely blows away Moorea not only as an island but hospitality wise.

Make sure to eat at Corail the gastronomic restaurant. Probably the best service, food, attention to detail I've had at a restaurant. They replaced all silverware after every course and each presentation was impeccable.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Outoftheboxaa

Dear Guest, Greetings from Bora Bora,

Thanks a lot for your great review about our resort.

It is with pride that I read your comments about Le Corail restaurant. We opened our new gastronomic restaurant in April and the feedbacks received so far are amazing! The staff is dedicated to our guests and the food is prepared with attention to details. And you did not mention the view on the lagoon all lit up... Beautiful!

Your kind words will be passed to the staff.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Sunny Regards,

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stay in many hotels all around the world, and did not think I would 'love' bora bora, but you know what...I stand corrected. I LOVED bora bora.

good: -overwater bungalows are ALL awesome, and ALL the same inside. The difference in price is the view.
-shallower water in the emerald bungalows and the more $$ you pay, the deeper the water gets.

-The property itself is beautiful. high quality, no expense spared.

-The hotel beach on the lagoon is small but beautiful, I LOVED hanging out with the friendly stingrays

-great hotel bar! with a happy hour from 5-6pm

The bad:

-hotel boat to airport is a rip off...nothing more. US$100 each, eachway for a 20 min ride is a scam. We took the free route which takes around 1.5 hours but only costs US$15 in a cab.

here is how: Air Tahiti free navette (shuttle) boat from the bora bora airport to Viatape town, then cab (easy to get) to Intercontinental Bora Bora [which is a really ugly cheap looking property] then free shuttle boat to the thalasso.

-hotel food boring and expensive. However, the gourmet restaurant looked good (but still pricey).

-hotel staff sometimes a bit slow to reply, but I put this down to language barrier.

All in all, a superb vacation and I will not hesitate to return or tell others to visit.

Room Tip: literally all rooms are suites and superb
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RichardCLT
Guillaume E, General Manager at InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Richard, Ia Orana from Bora,

Mauruuru roa for taking time to share your experience here.

It is a pleasure to read that you LOVED our beautiful island and resort.

As I read, you had the joy to feed the stingrays with our poolboys. It is an activity that our guests love! They take great pleasure to be part of such experience!

The boat transfer from the airport costs US$152 for the round trip per person. Our resort is located on a motu (small island) and the only possibility to access the hotel is by boat. In Bora Bora the shuttles are made by suppliers which charge the service to the guests. Also, we would rather take care of our guest upon their arrival than let them go to the resort via the main island. This way, we are sure we provide the best arrival experience possible.

We regret you did not totally appreciate the food prepared with attention by our Executive Chef. I forwarded your feedback to him in order to continually improve the guest experience.

We hope we will have the chance to welcome you again, Dear Richard.

Sunny Regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We went on our honeymoon to both the InterContinental Moorea and this InterCon Thalasso. The Moorea site was exceptional even though not as fancy. I travel a lot for work, and have Platinum status with IHG. So given how much I travel, I may be overly critical, but this was my honeymoon, and the amount spent per night does not warrant the experience.

When arriving in Bora Bora, the staff was organized and ready to get us from the airport to the hotel. At both resorts we arrived before check-in due to flight times and travel arrangements. Neither hotel did anything to accommodate our early arrival and said we can just hang out around the hotel. They held on to our bags so we didnt have to walk around with them. We waited as many guests who arrived after us received their rooms.
Upon receiving our room in Bora Bora, we were notified that our bags would be close behind. It ended up taking almost 3 hours for our bags to be brought to the room. I called the front desk, concierge and even room service to try and find out why our bags had not come yet, and I was consistently given lip service. I was even called back at one point and was told "Sir, they are on the way now." 30 minutes after that, I actually had to walk reception, and stayed there until they found my bags. It was very evident they had no idea where our bags were, and even asked me multiple times if I was sure they werent in the room. Trying to keep my calm because I didnt want my honeymoon soured, I waited while the manager refused to speak to me and my bags where nowhere to be found. When eventually found, they had been put in the wrong room because my room was apparently upgraded (which was nice, but confusing because my new room had no view of Mount Otemanu). After being lied to for almost 3 hours, my honeymoon was not off to a great start. The manager finally came out after this was all done and offered to take care of our lunch.

Our room was also not pre-setup with our included honeymoon amenities, something that IHG Moorea did do. I thought it was a very nice in Moorea to come into a room that was expecting us. We actually had to remind the staff at Thalasso that we were due the "honeymoon ammenities" multiple times before it actually was put in the room.

Both of the ice machines on our side of the pontoon were not working the entirety of our stay. There was a sign on one that said to call room service for ice. I called room service numerous times daily during our 5 day trip and only received ice twice after a lengthy delay. Even with repeated requests, and them telling me it might be 20 minutes (which at this point is acceptable), no one shows up with ice. I am sorry, but spending this much on rooms and not having functioning ice machines is unacceptable.

Family members of ours attempted to contact the hotel directly to buy us some sort of gift. I am not sure exactly what they tried to do, but whoever they spoke to at reception did not follow through and nothing was ever processed. My only thoughts on this would be that if someone wants to take care of something or send a gift at the hotel, it should not be difficult.

The half bottle of champagne as part of the honeymoon amenities came to the room and was covered in mold on the inside of the foil on the cork and bottle itself. Staff almost didn't believe me, but they did offer to bring a new bottle to our dinner table instead of the room.

The nice things about this resort were very nice. The food was outstanding, and the face-to-face service was very friendly. The concierge group was extremely helpful in setting up excursions and recommending activities. The rooms were very spacious and very nice.

There were obviously many nice things about this hotel that helped make my honeymoon everything we imagined. I do not like to complain however, after being a platinum elite member for over 2 years now, not being able to use a single rewards point to book this room, and the little details that someone like me who travels a lot would notice and care about, I am very disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tory L
Guillaume E, General Manager at InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest, Ia Orana from Bora Bora,

We trust you had a safe and comfortable trip back home.

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write this review.

I am very pleased that you liked the property, the food, your room and all the services that our concierges offer with great pleasure.

We are very sorry to read the inconveniences you experienced during your stay - however we appreciate your feedback, as it allows us to improve the guest experience. Please, rest assured that the matters you have raised are not common in our property, and will be discussed with the heads of department concerned.

We really hope we will have another occasion to welcome you in beautiful Bora Bora.

Sincerely Yours,