We just returned from our honeymoon and stayed in an end-of-pontoon Diamond OWB. Without question the most exceptional weather, views, and serenity I have ever experienced. Every picture and review will pale in comparison to experiencing Bora Bora in person, and it is one bucket list item that really hurts to cross off!
Pros: first impression of the resort, cleanliness, location, complimentary WiFi for Ambassador members, swimming pool and lounge area, fitness center, spa, breakfast, cocktails (Happy Hour), sunrises over the Pacific, star-gazing, unplugging from the world, privacy, boat shuttle to Moana.
We were a little let-down by the lack of food variety (excluding breakfast). Obviously, this is French Polynesia, but food variety on the mainland is far superior than on the motu. We were also caught off guard by the number of beetles/roaches/lizards in our bungalow. We completely understand that this is an outdoor resort, but we "found" significantly more than expected. Last, you will read reviews of some resorts where guests had items stolen, and sadly this resort will make that list. A few days into our stay we had some duty-free liquor stolen by hotel staff, and our complaint was not handled as well as it could have been. Ensure everything of value is in your room safe, and don't hesitate to prevent hotel staff from entering your bungalow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa is located between the two hearts of Motu Piti Aau, a coral island on the barrier reef. The Deep Ocean Spa is the centerpiece, but the resort offers lots of cultural and recreational activities to fill your days including canoeing, kayaking, snorkeling, stargazing and handicraft demonstrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, IHG, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Thalasso-Spa Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- Intercontinental Thalasso Hotel Bora
- Intercontinental Thalasso Resort Bora
- Intercontinental Bora Bora