We just returned from this paradise couple weeks ago. All three of us, including my 6-year old daughter, had a wonderful time. We booked our package from costco and everything went very well. The hotel boat transfer picked us up from the airport right after we landed at the Bora Bora airport.
Check in was fast and welcome drinks were provided which was a nice touch. Since we arrived early in the morning and our room was not ready yet, they provided a day room for us to have a quick shower and refreshing up. We were glad to hear that we were given double upgrade from Emerald to Diamond OWB as hubby is the ambassador member which was nice.
Our Diamond OWB was amazing with water deep enough to dive into the lovely blue water. The villa is nice with a separate bedroom area. Bed was comfortable with the awesome view of the water. They have a pull out bed under the sofa and made a bed for my daughter. They made my daughter feel so special as they delivered different treats for my little one every afternoon. From tray of candies to chocolate crepes and fruits.
Meals are very pricey so we highly recommend to have breakfast and dinner included in your package. Breakfast buffet was nice with plenty fresh pastries and fruit juices. Although not big selections but you will find the typical American breakfast selections and some Polynesian dishes. We ordered lunch on the beach and they will deliver to you which was nice. We had dinner at both Sands and Reefs restaurants. Service was hit or miss and sometimes we found our wine glasses were empty but no one around to pour us the wine even the restaurants were not busy. Food was ok but I would expect much more for a 5 stars hotel especially compared to other IC in other countries we've been to.
We enjoyed just chill out at the beach. Kayak, paddle boards and boats are free so we took advantage of it and paddled out and around the resort almost everyday. They have stingray feeding at the beach everyday at 2 p.m. and it is so cool to see those stingrays up close at the beach.
Overall almost everything was awesome. The only disappointment was we didn't get the late check-out even my hubby is the ambassador member (which I thought it supposed to be guaranteed for members).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa is located between the two hearts of Motu Piti Aau, a coral island on the barrier reef. The Deep Ocean Spa is the centerpiece, but the resort offers lots of cultural and recreational activities to fill your days including canoeing, kayaking, snorkeling, stargazing and handicraft demonstrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Thalasso-Spa Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- Intercontinental Thalasso Hotel Bora
- Intercontinental Thalasso Resort Bora
- Intercontinental Bora Bora