“Extraordinary Vacation Destination~!”

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We are a family of 4 - my two children are ages 9 and 11 and we have been traveling all over the world since they were born. We have been to many amazing destinations and this trip has definitely made the "top of the list". We just returned from the St. Regis Bora Bora and an 8 day stay. What an incredible adventure it was~! This resort is definitely in the top rank of properities in the world. It is hard to imagine that in 8 fast hours from LA - only 2 additional hours than flying to Hawaii you can find yourself so far away into a world you never imagined! The St Regis is an amazing property for honeymoon couples and it is also an amazing property for families! Because the property is so spread out with so much to offer it always has an empty feel - you will never know when they are completely full which is an amazing accomplishment for a true 6 star property. The staff is amazing - they know who their guests are and they welcome you at every opportunity. The accommodations are top notch with amazing local decor accompanied by true comfort and luxury. mosquitos? they dont seem to exist at this resort :) There are fantastic food options ranging from the freshest sushi you can imagine to local island dishes that will tempt your tastebuds. The beachfront is sprinkled with every water toy imaginable at your disposal - all just part of the amenities~! They offer their "Lagoonarium" which is a ecological habitat for every tropical fish and ocean life imaginable - at every moment 150 of the most amazing fish swimming around you. it's truly an experience in itself~! The resort also offers all guests the use of their beach cruiser biciycles which is not only the most efficient way to move around an island but an experience that brings you back to family life and comraderie - i think you have to experience it to even know how awesome this is~! We stayed in both the beachfront pool villa and then moved to experince the over the water villa so that we could take it all in - both were amazing and truly just as nice as the other. I think the staff itself is what separates them from most properties - the dedication to their resort - they are all very accommodating, pleasant, friendly and really just made the entire experice so unique and special that we literally found ourselves tearing up when it was time to leave.
This is an amazing resort and an amazing property - a great destination for both couples as well as families and offers true beauty as well as pure luxury. This is a guaranteed incredible time~!

Room Tip: every room is amazing - lots of space and comfort~! If you are mobile and comfortable on a bicycle t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank schuda
Write a ReviewReviews (2,224)

Reviewed 31 August 2012

My wife and I went to French Polynesia for our Honeymoon. We went to Tahiti, Moorea, Rangiroa, and Bora Bora. Our travel agency ('Pacific For Less', agent Jennifer) was great. They made the recommendation of St. Regis based upon the fact I told them I wanted the most romantic, most special, most amazing time to occur in Bora Bora. St. Regis made that REAL. I have stayed at 5 star hotels in the states before but the St. Regis Bora Bora takes customer service to a whole new level. (Just for reference we have stayed at Ritz-Carlton 3 times in the last 2 years while on vacation) There was nothing left to want while at St. Regis. They provided the most outstanding customer service I have ever seen or heard of. Everyone (staff) knew us by name, treated us with respect and privacy. While we were there we had a couples massage, an ATV tour, a personal boat tour of the lagoon, went jet-skiing, and went to the main land to go to Bloody Mary's. All these things were possible thanks to the recommendations of the staff at St. Regis and the recommendations of our travel agent at Pacific for Less. My wife and I have already started planning our 5 year anniversary trip back to St. Regis in Bora Bora

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and upgrade to a deluxe overwater bungalow to get a great view of the mountain...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank James W
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Like many, my husband and I traveled to Bora Bora and Rangiroa for our honeymoon. We spend several incredible nights at the St. Regis Bora Bora. The hotel and the surroundings are without parallel. It's so beautiful that I still can't believe we were actually there! I did A LOT of research before choosing the St. Regis, and I was incredibly happy with our choice to stay there. We stayed in an overwater bungalow with a mountain view. There are NO WORDS to describe waking up each morning to the water and the mountain. Incredible. Lots of opportunities to snorkel around our bungalow and the grounds (saw morays, pufferfish, triggers, octopus, eagle rays without leaving the hotel. We had a porcupine fish living under our bungalow, and had eagle rays passing by occasionally. The service was excellent, and I was impressed with the concierge's helpfulness when rain caused some issues with our planned scuba trip. Great food, AMAZING PLACE! You will not be disappointed. Had the most amazing Thanksgiving dinner at La Villa Mahana. Skip Bloody Mary's (tourist trap), but La Villa Mahana was the real deal.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My husband and I spent 8 days at St. Regis Resort during our honeymoon. We absolutely loved it! The service was great!The staff that works there refer to you by your name! Very personal.
The villa was just AMAZING! We could not ask for more. Georgous!

Every night we had a delivery of bottled water with Tahitian cookies. If you have any questions, they are happy to answer them for you. Booking excursions is very easy as well.

During our stay we went sting ray and shark feeding. We loved it a lot! The only thing we didn't get to do is The Love Boat due to weather conditions. But that's something we had no control of.

A little tip I have is when you order room service make sure you order the perisian sandwich and ask them to split it for you! It was HUGE and it would be just enough for both of us.

If you want to eat on the main land it is easy to do. The hotel will organize everything for you. You just have to show up on time ;-)

The shuttle transfer to the main land is pretty limited if you decide to stay longer during the day on the main land you can take a taxi and the taxi driver will call to see when the next boat is going back to the resort. The boats go back and forth more often that they will show you one the schedule. They transfer their employees so you may find yourself on the boat with the employees coming to work ;-)

First day there we went to town and bought soda and snacks (Chin's Market). We brought our own alcohol, duty free. Just like others suggested on here. It is worth it as one drink costs about $20. They will deliver ice to your villa and you can mix as many drinks as you want!

One day we went to town and the bus dropped us off at Bloody Mary's We had a lovely lunch there, which was delicious (check out my review on Bloody Mary's). It was so great we went back there for dinner,

The only negative thing I have about the resort was breakfast. Not a lot of choices so after a few days it gets old. Other than that I have no complaints.

Overall we had an amazing time. I would definitely recommend this resort. Once in a life time trip. Worth every penny!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank a_goska
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My wife and I stayed there for 6 days on our honeymoon and it was as amazing as advertised. The resort is emaculate, the breakfast was very good, the rooms are large, scenic and very comfortable. Bora Bora is truly an amazing place. The resort offers numerous activities - jetskiing, hiking, snorkeling, etc. - which we took full advantage of and were very pleased with all of them. The resort staff is very friendly and makes you feel right at home.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are bungalows so you can't really go wrong with any of them. The farther out y...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Would be one of the best resorts we have ever had the pleasure to stay
we travel the world a lot and we give a tick to all boxs.
We stayed in a premium OWB and it was fantastic
The staff are very helpful, the service is first class and the food was excellent although a little pricey.
We have booked a stay at the ST.Regis Bali later in the year and if it is anything like Bora Bora ST.Regis well be more than pleased.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2012

My husband and I spent 8 nights here for our honeymoon and had a blast. The helicoper ride is a must (even though I was scared out of my mind). This is the ultimate couples escape. Whether you want to completely unplug, fill your day with activities, indulge in the spa or just sip Bora Mary's by the beach, the St. Regis is the place to be. This resort is where Couples Retreat was filmed. There's a reason for that; it's the hottest resort smoking in Bora Bora. We considered The Four Seasons, but it doesn't compare. Want to dive off of your hut into the clear water? You can do that. It's 9 ft deep. Want to watch the sea life through a window in your hut's floor? You can do that too. Want your residence cleaned immaculately everyday? You've got it. This place is a piece of heaven. Two of the three restaurants on the resort are amazing. Sushi and seafood lovers will be on Cloud 99 for their entire trip. The hotel staff is genuinely kindhearted (not the sleezy, contrived hospitality at other resorts). Be ready to shell out some money, but it will be well worth it (just be sure to confirm all the charges on your invoice upon checkout...mistakes are bound to happen). Sorting out the bill was the only slightly negative issue we encountered. Once I settled that, we were whisked away on a boat to be dropped off at the airport. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2012