“Amazing Wedding at St Regis Bora Bora”

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
New York City, New York
“Amazing Wedding at St Regis Bora Bora”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We just returned from our wedding and honeymoon at the St. Regis Bora Bora and it exceeded all expectations. We decided to elope and chose one of the most romantic places on earth to have the ceremony. I cannot say enough about how wonderful the resort wedding planner Karine was. From the very beginning she was prompt in her emails, extremely flexible with plans, and provided me with great suggestions for our entire stay. She arranged my hair/makeup, photography, videography, and was on hand THE ENTIRE DAY of my wedding to help me with any of every request. We had a legal wedding in the morning at the town hall (all coordinated by Karine) and then a regular ceremony in the afternoon on the beach. Since I was there without family she helped me in and out of my dress and also took care of small details like getting all my things back to my room as my new husband and I went directly from photos to a sunset cruise. If you get married at the St. Regis I highly recommend the sunset cruise and dinner as your wedding dinner. This was an alternative option to us because all the private dining was booked. This should be the only option as it was the most romantic way to end our wedding ceremony. Didi picked us up (in full Tahitian attire) in his outrigger immediately after we finished taking photos. We sat right up front in the boat and sipped on Bora Bora Punch while cruising around the lagoon as the sun was setting behind the mountain. It was amazing and only topped by our dinner. We arrived at a private motu and were shown to our table. The water was lit next to the table so we could watch the fish while we ate. The dinner included lobster, fish, chicken, and delicious vegetables. It was one of the best meals we had on the island...the lemon cheesecake was insanely good! At the conclusion of our dinner and before we took the boat back to our resort, we were entertained by Didi as he performed a Tahitian fire dance. It was a great way to end our wedding day! Thank you Karine for this amazing suggestion!

As for the resort in general - it is absolutely beautiful and we had a wonderful time riding our bikes to get from place to place on the property (or getting picked up by golf cart when we were lazy). Snorkeling in the lagoonarium was amazing as it was filled with different kinds of fish and coral. We definitely recommend doing a half day hike on the main island...it was a great activity and we had amazing views at the top of one of the small peaks. The restaurants at the resort were also top-notch. Breakfast was included for us and it was very tasty! The waffles, french toast, and crepes were definitely the highlight for me in the morning. Lagoon was amazing and reserving a table outside on the terrace to watch sunset is a must. We can't wait to return for our anniversary!

Room Tip: Definitely get a room facing the mountain....room 225 was a great choice!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Natalie B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We did most things at the resort...I've rated restaurants separately (needless to say, they got 5 stars). Service was top notch. Overwater villa with view of Bora Bora unbelievable. Local beach things (stand up paddle boarding, hobie cat 16 sailing, kayaking all great. The gym was clean and had great equipment. Spa/massage were great. Tennis court was artificial grass with sand....a way nice surface that I'd never experienced...slow but with true bounces. The resort has nice rackets (Babolat and Wilson)...if you plan on playing, bring a can of balls...the ones there are kind of sad. The lagoonarium was fun and a nice warm up to snorkel in the real lagoon. We did hire outside guides for snorkeling and jet skiing---Moana tours---they were great (5 star) and we saved a few bucks over the St. Regis option.

Room Tip: This is the BIG TIP!.... use Pacific For Less tours! They got us a bunch of upgrages and were very...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank spikedr
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We were debating where to stay for our honeymoon, Four Seasons or St. Regis and I am very happy we decided to go with St. Regis. The property is beautiful. The amenities included kayaking, paddle boarding, bikes, sail boat, pool floaties, jet skis ( at an additional charge). The Lagoonarium has great snorkelling. We saw sting rays and fish outside our bungalow. I would also recommend going all the way to the end of the bungalows as to there is a lot of fish there because coral started to grow on the pillars supporting the walkway. We even saw a small shark and family of sting rays. Really cool.

The staff was very nice and accomodating. I think the hotel needs to hire extra beach/pool staff/wait staff as to I only believe there was 2-3 at time. I had to ask the staff to bring me towels. They were not attentive in setting up chairs/umbrellas. We also had the butler as an added service to our villa. Honestly, didn't receive any service above and beyond from the butler.

I do hope this review is helpful when people come to Bora Bora. I thought it was going to be a little different. If you decide to leave the resort for dinner, the boat transport is at 6 pm every night. Then a taxi takes you from your restaurant at 830 to get back to the dock by 9. The boat ride is about 8 minutes. There is no night light, bar life, etc. Also, if you want to leave the resort during the day, there is also a day schedule to visit the town. I was feeling cabin fever at times. ( I believe Four Seasons leaves at 7 or a later time. Not 100% sure)

Everything in Bora Bora is expensive.
Here are some examples:
Cheapest Entree at a restaurant is $30 XPF,
At the St. Regis, cheapest lunch is $28- 30 XPF, which I recommend splitting as to the portions are large. Food was really good. There was no avocado during our stay. ( Actually a lot of things, St. Regis ran out of. Pool Cups, avocado, certain vodkas. Whoever does their food/ liquor buying should be fired.
Drinks at St. Regis are $20 XPF ( drinks are ok, very weak)
Off the Resort $15 XPF
I would recommend buying some duty free wine/alcohol at LAX.

What you need to bring:
If you are staying at St. Regis, you can bring a canteen to fill up water during the day at the pool. This is also sustainable to the environment. When St Regis ran out of their branded logo cups, the staff gave out styrofoam cups. Horrible...
Very casual, flats/sandals/wedges. No heels needed.
Lots of sunblock.
Credit card with no exchange fees

Where to eat in order:
1) Villa Mahana ( reserve a table a couple months in advance) Food was amazing
2) Jean Gorges ( Great View)
3) Bloody Marys ( Walk in, and all fish/meat is on display and then you choose your food)
4) Mookai (Great Sashimi, lamb chops)
5) St. James( great salads, just went there for lunch)

What we did in Bora bora
1) Shark and stingray tour ( This was amazing)
2) Jet Skiing ( a lot of fun)
Highly recommended.

I also do want to mention that breakfast was included in our stay. However, it was so boring. This was the dullest breakfast buffett I every ate. Everyday the following:
Hashbrowns, sasuages, bacon, pancake, french toast, muffins, croisttants, bread, smoked fish, 2 types of quiche, cantonese rice, miso soup, ham, chicken, salami, 2 types of cheese. there was also three types of cereal. No parfaits, no muselis, no oatmeal, nothing special. To order, one had the options of eggs ( practically anyway you like them) , omlettes, crepes and waffles. Juices were banana, orange, pineapple, mango and grapefruit. Upper management really needs to visit Miravel in Tuscon, Arizona to understand what a breakfast buffett should include.

Our trip was booked thru Pacific for Less. I would recommend booking thru the company. We receievd a complimenty couples massage, champagne and chocholate ( which was not there when we arrived, disappointing), shark and stingray tour, villa mahana and jean georges reservation.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 103 which was facing the mountain. All rooms facing the mountain are the best in m...
7 Thank TrishNYC11
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My wife and I traveled to the St. Regis in Bora Bora last month for our 25th anniversary. It was spectacular! The resort, bungalows, and service are fantastic. We had never been to French Polynesia before, and we would love to be able return again in the future. It is a wonderful place to get away from the daily routine and work.

The water is unbelievable as the lagoon features every shade of blue and light green. The shark and ray feeding excursions was the most memorable activity we did. I didn't expect my wife to get into the water with the sharks in the lagoon but she did. Swimming with them in the lagoon and ocean was something I will never forget. The jet ski tour of the lagoon arranged thru the concierge was also a lot of fun!

I've never seen so many stars at night like there. Every night, we saw meteors in the sky from our private deck.

The bungalows are outstanding, and it is very relaxing to walk the grounds at the resort. The beach on the lagoon is very relaxing too with the beach service personnel bringing you fruit and water constantly. The breakfast buffet is wonderful.

If I could change one thing about the St Regis, I wish they offered more equipment in the fitness room as there are no treadmills or elliptical machines.

Also, allow me to tell you why I was so happy we chose to book this trip with Pacific for Less. While I travel a lot internationally, I appreciated the help they offered during the trip. They also helped me because Air Tahiti delayed my LA to Papeete flight by 15 hours from Friday night to Saturday afternoon. We intentionally flew to LA a day early to spend the two days there before traveling to Tahiti, and Pacific for Less was able to get us on the Friday afternoon flight 7 hours earlier with about 4 hours of notice. Otherwise, we would have lost one of our five nights at the St Regis in Bora Bora due to Air Tahiti.

Initially, I was not sure about using an agent with whom I had never met, but I was in Maui in July, and Claudia met me in person there to tell me more about the trip. I was very happy with the experience of using them as my agent. They were also able to provide me with some of the incentives that while advertised on SPG and the St Regis site in general, they were not publicly available in the month that I traveled.

I don't normally spend the kind of money on a trip to go to a luxury resort or visit a place like Bora Bora, but I can tell you it was definitely worth it for our anniversary!

4 Thank David B
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Spectacular! Amazing! Paradise on earth!! Service was outstanding! SO beautiful and cannot wait to return. Went during "Winter" season, a bit windy but still warm during the day and needed a light sweater in the evening. Take the Jet Ski tour around the island. Worth every French Polynesian franc!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chinesekitty
Beijing, China
Reviewed 6 September 2013

It couldn't be a better resort for honeymoon. It provides you all the best food, service, amenities, privacy and convenience to all that you can possibly think of during honeymoon. It is indeed expensive but hey, it's for honeymoon. Ultimate experience is what you are after.

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I decided to travel to French Polynesia for our Honeymoon. After much debate we decided to get married there as well. We had a Traditional Polynesion Ceremony at the St. Regis Bora Bora. BEYOND FABULOUS!!! From the moment the fancy St. Regis Yacht picked us up in Tahiti to the moment our butler(s) took us around the property and finally to our Premier Overwater Bungalow..... I knew we were in heaven.

The food, the scenery the people and the staff. Excellent! I felt as if I was on a movie set. Every single person who worked at St. Regis knew who we were at all times. Everything went seamless.

Oh the Bungalow!!! Bigger than my house in Chicago. I cannot wait until we return hopefully sooner than later.

Much gratitude to Karine our wedding planner. She was so kind and meticulous. I loved our ceremony. It was private, serene yet so enjoyable!!

Once in a life time experience/

Room Tip: If you can afford the upgrade, try to reserve a Premier Over water Bungalow. It is worth it.
1 Thank citygirl66