“League of its own”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Sydney, Australia
“League of its own”
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently returned from our honeymoon in Bora Bora.. Such an amazing place the photos don't do it justice at all..
We stayed at the St Regis resort mainly because of the movie couples retreat which was filmed there.. They play the movie 24/7 on one of their channels which was pretty funny..
The resort is amazing, and the staff I can't fault any of them.. They were all so attentive and helpful and yet not intrusive at all.. Every little detail of the resort has been designed for luxury and comfort.. We stayed in one of the over water spa suites and were amazed from the minute we stepped through the door.. The see though part of the floor, the open view of the lagoon from the shower and or bath tub, the luxury style bed, personal dock straight into the crystal blue waters.. Perfect honeymoon or just romantic destination..
The only negative we have would be they don't exactly like you leaving the resort they obviously prefer guests to spend the whole time there.. We had a few different answers when we asked how to get the main island and back.. There is plenty to keep you entertained at the resort for the entire time but it is nice to see the local surrounds sometimes..

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Mlugg
StRegisBoraBora, Sales Coordinator at The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Mlugg, Ia Orana from Bora Bora !

Thank you very much for taking the time sharing your experience at The St. regis Bora Bora Resort with the Resort's Trip Advisor trackers !
We are glad to read that you enjoyed staying with us this much and thank you for your wonderful feedback.
We are sorry however to have given you the feeling that we don't like our guests to have a look at the main island. As a matter of fact, we actually encourage our dear guests to discover Bora Bora and have settled two complimentary shuttles that link the Resort with Vaitape village each mornings (10.15) and each afternoon (2.15) - Sundays and Holiday days excluded. We also have another complimentary shuttle at night for guests with outside Restaurant reservations. With this being said, please accept our apologies if we miscommunicated on these opportunities.

We hope to have the pleasure to see you again and extend our warmest regards !

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Paradise found! Together my wife and I have traveled to over 40 countries and stayed at well over 40 resorts worldwide and I can say without a doubt, this was the best resort we have ever stayed at! We booked our trip via Pacific for Less and can not say thank you enough to Jennifer and Claudia who were fantastic! We stayed at the St Regis from late January into early February (which also happens to be Chinese New Year). The weather was perfect, maybe a little hot. We had a few days that were cloudy (it did rain a couple times while we were there but it was always at night) which was actually nice because it kept the temps in the mid 80's and not upper 90's. Bring extra sunblock! We did not use bug spray the entire time we were there although we did have some with us. The water was warm and perfect for swimming and diving sessions right from our deck.

We did bring duty free liquor over which turned out perfect as this is a large resort and to walk up to the main lobby/bar area would have taken 30 minutes roundtrip each time. They do have a very good Tahiti beer that was sold for about $6-$7 a beer otherwise drinks were $15-25. We did take full advantage of the butler service (thank you for your awesome service Moetini) for buggy rides to breakfast and dinner and to have ice delivered. I would also like to give a special thank you to Natasha who took care of us before and during our stay. As for the food at the resort, it was FANTASTIC! I read a couple reviews that dissed on the food, well I have one thing to say to those reviewers, you're idiots. We stayed at a resort in Moorea a week earlier and there had been some so so reviews on the food and I almost wrote a review while I was at that resort saying the food was good with plenty of options. Well, I am glad I didn't because the food at the St. Regis blew the food at the other resort away! Crapes and omelets are made to order every morning, the breakfast buffet had sushi and prosciutto ham and some of the best fresh fruit I have ever had. As for the restaurants, I had a shaved truffle over my pasta at the Italian resturant. At Sushi Take, I had some fantastic fresh rolls unlike anything I have ever had before that were amazing! As for Lagoon, I ordered the same app, meal and desert every night I at there. The tuna I ate was caught fresh each morning (I can't get it any fresher than that) and the deep water barracuda I had each night I was there, was incredible! I still think of my meals from the St. Regis. Some of the best fish I have ever eaten, and I live at the beach in Florida! BTW, my wife is a vegetarian and rarely eats fish and even she thought all the food and options were fantastic. Our meals ranged from about $80-$150 each night with drinks.

The rooms are very nice, spacious and have fantastic decks. A couple things on the room, bring an old version IPod player as the new IPod's are not compatible with the sound system. We also brought a portable speaker for the deck since we knew we were going to be spending so much time outside. One adaptor was in our room and we brought one with us which made charging IPods and cameras much easier. The beds were perfect however I could have used a better pillow since I am use to firm pillows but my wife thought the pillows were perfect. One minor incident we had one afternoon was my wife got a fairly large splinter in her foot from our deck. We called the butler service to have them bring a pair of tweezers from their first aid kit which were missing from their kit, so we had our butler buy us a pair in the gift shop and bring those to us. Not a big deal but I can't imagine this is the first time this has happened, so note to the St. Regis, you may want to consider putting a pair back in your first aid kit.

We never go to the same resort twice, however, we have now been home a month now and we are still talking about our experiences and food and going back to the St. Regis next year!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Boofsu
Dear Boofsu, Ia Orana !

Thank you for your wonderful review !
It was a pleasure to welcome you in our Property and we are delighted to read that your experience exceeded your expectations ! We will of course extend your warm words to Moetini and Natacha !
Also, thank you for letting us know about the issues you have encoutered with the Ipod docking station. We will review this situation as soon as possible. As for our First Aid Kit, we have already replaced the missing item and thank you for your kind understanding when your wife hurt her foot.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in future !

Regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 March 2014

With the help of Pacific for Less, my husband and I decided to spend a portion of our honeymoon at the St. Regis. We have done a little traveling but our stay at the St. Regis was by far the most luxurious and the most beautiful place we have ever stayed. It helps that we are literally in paradise but the St. Regis surpassed our expectations by leaps and bounds.

Here is a quick rundown:

Arrival - our arrival was quite a production of a welcome! We were greeted with traditional leis, juice, and a cold towel. Our butler Ako was WONDERFUL in every aspect of the word. She was genuine and beyond helpful. Not only her, but the rest of the butler staff who never had a problem picking us up and driving us around the resort. Ako took us around the resort giving us the full tour of the main areas making sure we didn't miss anything. After our tour our bags were waiting for us in our air-conditioned over-water villa with gorgeous views.

Rooms - we stayed in Villa 230 which is one of the farthest out over-water villas and therefore had a little more privacy than the rest. The room was beautiful with an extremely comfortable bed, a little sitting area with tv, a oversized bathroom, and deck with ladder going down into the lagoon. Amenities were more than enough (the bath salts were a plus!) and they even gave you 2 bottles of water and a can of cookies at turndown.

Grounds - The beach by the lagoon and the lagoonarium were beautiful and well kept. Only place where it can get a little sprucing up is the Oasis pool. A few too many bugs and a few tiles missing in the pool. Other than that we saw workers on a daily basis cleaning the grounds. a VERY nice perk is that they spray for mosquitoes. There were quite a few on the main island but hardly any at the St. Regis which we were incredibly thankful for.

Service - lives up to the St. Regis standards! We had a late fight out of Bora Bora. Checkout was at noon and reception had told us that they could not offer late check out as someone else was checking into the room that same day. They offered the spa but we just weren't comfortable with showering in the spa. Reception was able to offer us, free of charge, another room - Villa 507 which was their 2 bedroom villa with pool for the few hours until we had to leave. What a wonderful treat that was even if it was only for a few hours! Instead of spending it by the pool in the main area, we got to spend it in our own private pool overlooking the ocean waves. Beautiful! Pool boys were always so helpful - one of them even offering to make a home made Tahitian hat for my husband.

Food - Exquisite but, obviously, expensive. Food anywhere in Bora Bora is going to be pricey so prepare your budget. We also went to the main island for 2 dinners (La Villa Mahana and Bloody Mary's - both excellent!). Reservations are based on your hotel so that they can get you fed and back to your shuttle boat on time so our reservations were always at 7p for the 6p shuttle to main island. Taxis are awaiting you to take you to your booked destination. The Japanese restaurant is a MUST if you love sushi!

Misc - business center was a necessity for us. There you can go online for free, borrow a book, have espresso, and play a little pool in the air-conditioning.

We had the most wonderful time thanks to the St. Regis and for Pacific for Less. Pacific for Less, while the website looks a little shady is definitely tried and true. We did not have to worry about ANYTHING because Claudia and her team took care of every little detail. For that, we could not be more grateful.

Room Tip: Rooms farthest out, mountain side have the most beautiful views in my opinion. However, if you'r...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank nostalgia124
Dear nostalgia124, Greetings from a Sunny Bora Bora !

Thank you so much for sharing such positive feedback on your recent stay at The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort ! It is a delight to read how much you've enjoyed our restaurants and facilities, as well as our service standards from all our associates, and most particularly, Ako's expertise ! We will not miss the occasion to congratulate her on your behalf !

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in what now seems to be your new Polynesian home away from home !

Kind Regards,

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My wife and I decided to stay at the St. Regis resort in Bora Bora to celebrate our honeymoon and we could not have made a better choice. From the moment you arrive on the Island, everyone knows your name without you ever having to state it. We read some reviews on the property which questioned the service at St. Regis and we felt that each review was utterly false. St Regis had amazing service through out our entire stay. We had the breakfast buffet every morning and they would carry your plates back to your table for you pull your chair out for you to sit and make sure that anything and everything you asked for was provided. My wife was returning from the restroom and one of the employees ran from the other side of the restaurant simply to pull her chair out for her to sit down. That may be something that most people think should just be expected when you are paying such a large amount of money to stay somewhere, BUT that does not always happen at other places simply because you are paying more. I have stayed at the Intercontinental and the Hilton and neither one of them could compare to the St. Regis in terms of service. Also the location of the resort was amazing and the only the other resorts with comparable location would be the Four Seasons and the Intercontinental which are both neighboring resorts. The Hilton is too close to the reef opening which may not be a problem for many but I personally do not want to be so close to the opening to the pacific ocean and the lemon sharks and tiger sharks that come with it. The food at the resort was about 6-7 out of 10 but you do not go to bora bora for the food, you go for the experience, the weather, and the beautiful water. The one time we did have a problem at St Regis, I simply mentioned it to one of the employees at the resort and they did everything possible and more to make my wife and I happy. We plan on returning to bora bora in the future and we would not stay anywhere else after the amazing experience we had at St. Regis. The staff were amazing, the resort was beautiful with amazing views of the lagoon and mt otemanu, the service was great, and the overwater villas were of course the best in all of bora bora and the largest. The price difference between Hilton and Intercontinental and St Regis was not that much. Intercontinental package was about 9000 for one week and Hilton was about 8000 and St. Regis was about 9500. And after staying at St. Regis, I can say that it is worth twice as much as the other cheaper resorts so if you don't mind spending a little more on your vacation, then you St. Regis is the best choice

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank nelson456
Ia Orana nelson456 !
Greetings from our Little Corner of Paradise !

First of all, thank you very much for posting such an amazing comment about your past experience at The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort !
It is extremely rewarding to receive such positive comment about our standards of service, and this is perhaps the greatest motivational tool for our associates.
We are sorry however that our food options didn't surpass your palate's expectations, and if we are lucky enough to welcome you again in near future as you mention, we will make sure to pay additional attention to serve whatever suits you best !

Kind Regards

los angeles
Reviewed 3 March 2014

There are no words for the beauty of Bora Bora and specifically the St. Regis. My husband and I had an amazing time - the overwater bungalow was ENORMOUS and filled with amenities. I recommend booking a bungalow facing the mountain - the view is stunning. It can be a long walk from the main hotel to the bungalows, depending where you stay, but there are golf carts waiting to drive you to your room.

The lagoonarium is ah-mazing - very cool to hang out with a ton of fish and not worry about currents.

The spa was lovely - though it's best part is its lawn looking out onto the mountain.

A couple of the restaurants (the sushi & Italian restaurants) were the only things that aren't as 5 star as I thought they could be - but living in LA I'm very sushi-spoiled. The breakfast buffet is pretty spectacular though, and the views are amazing. Lagoon was GREAT - we had a delicious decadent meal on the patio looking at the MOST beautiful sunset in the world. We had a waiter, Stephanie, that was particularly accommodating and wonderful.

The butlers are on top of everything and able to make any adjustments to anything. That service was great.

Really, you can't go wrong. Unless you hate relaxing.

Room Tip: Ask to face the mountain.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
35 Thank jdoubleyou
Ia Orana jdoubleyou, Greetings from Bora Bora !

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time write a review about your recent experience !
Trip advisor comments are a great tool for us to learn more about the areas our real guest think we need to improve. Based on your feedback, we will certainly make sure that our Japanese and Italian delicacies remain at their best - even though both restaurants are positioned respectively as Smart Casual and Home Style Cuisine, rather than gastronomic.
We are really happy that you enjoyed the lagoonarium this much and we will extend your nice feedback to Stephanie and our Butlers team !

Meanwhile, take care of you, until we have the opportunity to welcome and serve you again !

Regards

Westminster
Reviewed 3 March 2014

As you can see I was not impressed here. If it was $250 per night it might have got a higher rating, but this place is almost $1000.

So the good points
Equipment for water sports is great - however, gym is poor with no running machine (just not suitable to run outside here as no tracks and raids etc.
Free water and sun cream at shore side.
Lovely room.
Lovely bathroom - but no moisturising cream in bathroom.
Tea making facilities - but v small cups.
Coffee making machine
Lagoon to look at fish when snorkelling
Our butler was great - but others said their's were terrible and did nothing.
Food generally OK, but they got so much wrong. How can they say the pizza has procuitto, but in fact they just use ordinary ham - just not the same.
Staff generally friendly - BUT most of the time you just felt they were selling things.

Downsides
The staff just feel like they are selling
No moisturising/cream in bathroom.
They forgot to refresh bathroom toiletries more than once
Food is very expensive as is drink.
In some areas the building look run down.
They have a pool table, but no tips to the cue - so no pool. They said that they had run out many weeks before
Had to pay for internet in the room - in a room of $1000 pn.
They tried to charge us for meals we did not have
They tried to charge us for trips we did not make
St regis might be a good name - but this is no developed world 5 star
Fruit ften ran out at breakfast and they were slow to refill.
We had tea out of tea pots which had 12 big chips in them. 5 star hotel - really

In all, for $200 I would have said fine. But for $1000 it just is not good enough. I have travelled much and there are much better hotels also in good locations far far better than this place.

A huge disappointment

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
34 Thank DavidGHooper
Dear DavidGHooper, Ia Orana !

Thank you for taking the time to review our Resort. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. However, you feedback will allow us to work on improving the quality of our service, cleanliness of our grounds, friendliness of our associates and all the others areas you have mentioned in your post.

We hope to be able to prove you how much a valued guest you represent for us, hopefully, should you visit Bora Bora again.

Kind Regards,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My husband and I booked our Bora Bora vacation through Pacific for Less. We arrived at the resort at 8am, we aren't morning people but for the price you pay to stay at this resort i thought it made sense to arrive early and leave late. The atmosphere was oozing romance and by the time we arrived at our overwater bungalow, I was near tears. We take at least 5 full vacations a year BUT I had NEVER seen such beauty. Our bungalow was 214 I believe, a Deluxe Over Water Bungalow, with stunning view of the mountain and amazing sunsets. Places don't always live up to expectations but St Regis Bora Bora was faaaaar more beautiful, romantic and peaceful than we could have ever imagined. The staff greeted us everywhere we went by our last names. I still wonder how on earth they all knew our name. The food is $$$$ but worth every penny. If you're there for a week be prepared to spend over $2k on meals alone. The average price of an entree was $70. If your'e looking for an economical vacation this isn't for you but if you're looking to experience that once in a lifetime, heaven on earth vacation, trust me this is unbeatable. We met several couples who stayed at other resorts and visited ours just for a day. They all wished they had made the financial sacrifice and stayed there for their entire trip. Our package came with a romantic candlelight dinner for two on a private inlet but we requested it on our deck instead. This isn't something they'd normally do as its quite awkward delivering our different courses but they gladly accommodated our request and again exceeded all expectations by decorating our table and the deck itself with rose petals, again I was sooo touched. It certainly helped that we were always super pleasant, courteous and appreciative of the staff and they were always eager to make our trip even more memorable. This was supposed to be a once in a lifetime trip but my husband and I plan to return for my 40th in 3 years. ***** Note a friend of mine visited in low season in January and it rained all week. Its much much cheaper at that time of the year BUT don't risk your experience by focusing on cheap season, its less expensive for a reason. We travelled there in July.

Room Tip: A Deluxe Over Water Bungalow with mountain view at the furthest point from land is by far the best.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple