My wife, daughter (14 years old) and I spent two weeks at the St. Regis for our summer vacation and had a great time. The service from the minute you step into the terminal off the plane to the minute you step back onto the plane was exceptional. They did the little things right. For example, when you worried about a language barrier with room service you proactively got a call back to double check the order and assure its prompt delivery. The minute they figured out who you were you were greated accordingly, everywhere...even service staff I hadn't met knew who I was and knew our preferences. Plenty of activities for water stuff, spa, on the island, etc. or you can veg out as much as you like. We had a beach villa with our own pool and beach so we had as much privacy as we wanted or we could go to the main pool and beach as well. We were pretty self sufficient so we didn't really leverage the butler services, eventhough the few times we did they were prompt and always smiling.
The rooms were beautiful, clean and well designed. We had occassional problems with the A/C but it was fixed everytime within 20 minutes. The wireless internet connection was slow, but who cares, you're on vacation!
The food was very good. Milton the GM told us to just ask for anything especially since we were staying two weeks and the menus can get repetitive so we did and had good variety. We ate at other resorts and nothing came close. The bar service at the pool was a highlight for us since we spent a lot of time at the pool and having evening cocktails there...the staff of Julien, Cerise, Jean-Phillipe, Guy, etc. did a great job in anticipating what you wanted but never were overbearing. The only they need to do is change the music once in a while. I don't speak French but I could sing every song they played.
I suggest you go somewhat self sufficient. We brought our own DVDs and books and never needed anything except the basics. If you go with a mindset that your going to have a great time, there is no reason you won't. Even if there are minor issues since things are new they get resolved quickly.
It's only going to get better so we can't wait to book another trip and relax in paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive St. Regis Bora Bora is 44-acre island resort located in Polynesian paradise. Our elite accommodation features the 13,000 sq ft Miri Miri spa and Lagoon Restaurant by Jean Georges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- St Regis Hotel Bora
- St Regis Bora Bora
- St Regis Resort Bora Bora