I took my wife and 4 kids to the Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora for our 20-year wedding anniversary.
An UNFORGETTABLE experience!
We had very high expectations going in. Friends had given the resort glowing reviews.
It was simply the best vacation we have ever taken.
To begin, I can't think of a more beautiful location than Bora Bora. Amazing views, wonderful people and the most spectacular water you have ever seen in your life.
So clear, blue-green and unspoiled. White sand that goes on and on...
From the moment we landed on the island, we knew that the trip was going to be special.
The kids were thrilled to see a big crab running past our luggage on the tarmac!
The attractive Four Seasons staff was there to greet us with a big smile and a beautiful old-fashioned wood boat.
The great thing about the resort is that it does not have a "big hotel" feel. It is a collection of small buildings that are spread out on the sprawling property. The floors and walkways are limestone and the attention to detail on all of the decor is a really nice touch.
(We went to dinner at the St. Regis next door, and the feeling was completely different. Very "big hotel" feeling, with a lot of fake looking decorations to cover up the polished marble that looked like it was brought in from any hotel in the US.)
We booked a 2 bedroom Villa on the beach.
It was like visiting a multi-million dollar private home.
Everything was perfect.
Each morning, a delicious fruit platter was delivered (and devoured by the kids).
Every afternoon, a different treat was delivered around 4 or 5 o'clock.
Sometimes it was a collection of sweets. Other days it was homemade chips with different dips or guacamole.
Each day we looked forward to seeing what would arrive. It was always fantastic!
The pool and beach areas are all beautiful. I can't say enough about how spectacular the water is.
There is also a private lagoon at the resort with a French marine biologist named Oliver that taught the kids a lot about the fish in Bora Bora.
We swam with Oliver around the lagoon as he fed all of the different species, including puffer fish, parrot fish, a small octopus and even a moray eel. The thing was 9 feet long!
Definitely book the Waverunner tour around the main island.
It's the best way to view the breathtaking location, as well as all of the resorts, and reaffirms the fact that you made the right choice in staying at the Four Seasons.
I also highly recommend the Ray and Shark snorkel swim.
We went with a guide named Big Sky and he was so much fun. Very laid back and obviously loves what he does.
We swam with gigantic rays, thousands of colorful fish, and the shark swim was something we will never forget. There were dozens of black tip reef sharks swimming all around us. Minutes later, 6 foot lemon sharks swam along the bottom of the ocean, 35 feet below us.
I only have two negatives to relay:
1.) The dinner choices are not great.
The food is obviously high quality, but for those prices I expect more.
Very expensive and nothing that you looked forward to ordering again.
(For the record, the breakfast is wonderful and the restaurant staff could not be nicer or more attentive.)
2.) I was charged $150 for wi-fi internet service, which is available across the entire property. For the price that I paid for my Villa, this should have been included.
A ridiculous charge, but we had so much fun, and such a nice stay, that I didn't want to haggle over it at check-out.
As I said, it was the best vacation we have ever taken as a family and I can't say enough good things about the Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora.
Wonderful staff and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora is a South Pacific paradise, combining the highest standards of service with ultramodern comforts and the natural ease and gracious hospitality of the Polynesian culture. Set upon Bora Bora's surrounding coral atoll, the Resort is a vast tropical grove, replete with coconut palms and pandanus trees. Meandering channels of pure turquoise lead to the main beach or to smaller lagoons, waiting to be discovered. Every vista is breathtaking. The Resort offers 100 overwater bungalow suites and seven beachfront villa estates, all designed with thatched roofs and decorated with indigenous artwork. Four restaurants offer a vast selection of creative culinary experiences, while the full-service spa is balanced by the powerful rhythms of the Pacific Ocean and the tranquility of the island's lagoon - offering an unmatched combination of relaxation and exhilaration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, TripOnline SA, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- 4 Seasons Resort Bora Bora
- Four Seasons Bora
- Four Seasons Hotel Bora
- Bora Bora Four Seasons