I don't need to go into too much detail, considering all of the previous reviews have done that. However, my husband and I recently returned from our honeymoon in French Polynesia. We traveled to Moorea, Huahine, and Bora Bora- saving the best for last. When we arrived to Bora Bora and were greeted by the Four Seasons boat at the airport, we knew immediately that this was going to be an experience unlike any other. From the moment we stepped into reception, the staff seemed to be at our beckon call. A golf cart was on hand ready to take us to our bungalow immediately- after we had our welcome drink that is! Yes, the weather was warm, but the gorgeous views in every direction make you forget about the sweltering heat!
The Four Seasons has a private lagoonarium with an in-house marine biologist. Several days a week the marine biologist offers small snorkeling tours (I believe 10 people max) throughout the resort's coral sanctuary. The work that the Four Seasons is doing to grow and preserve coral in their lagoon is incredible. According to the marine biologist, there are over 150 species of fish in the lagoon, and with crystal clear waters you can see them all! This is definitely a great activity the resort offers.
Another phenomenal perk at the resort is the abundance of free water and sunscreen. Housekeeping places several bottles of water in your room each day, and there are bottles available throughout different areas of the hotel. With so much sun, it's important to stay hydrated and it's wonderful that they insure their guests have access to bottled drinking water. Also, while lounging by the pool, the pool servers bring ice water to guests. When the ice starts melting, they promptly refresh the glass with a new one. They also offer refreshing cold treats every so often.
The restaurants here offer some variety. They have their formal dining restaurant which is closed a few nights a week. Their sunset bar offers a more casual eating menu, with sushi and other Asian cuisines as well as island cocktails. It is a true pleasure to sit here and watch the sun setting, there is nothing more romantic! In-Room dining is also romantic, with the table on the patio offering wonderful scenery for a delicious meal.
Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a romantic getaway with fabulous service. Please note, however, that there are a lot of families at this hotel. While my husband and I don't mind the company of little ones on vacation, some may find it bothersome. Considering what you're paying per night, an adult only pool would be nice alternative. I must admit, however, that most of the children were well behaved and with the teen/kids club offering babysitting type services during the day, you hardly notice the kids at all! In the future, when we have kids we wouldn't mind bringing them back here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora is a South Pacific paradise, combining the highest standards of service with ultramodern comforts and the natural ease and gracious hospitality of the Polynesian culture. Set upon Bora Bora's surrounding coral atoll, the Resort is a vast tropical grove, replete with coconut palms and pandanus trees. Meandering channels of pure turquoise lead to the main beach or to smaller lagoons, waiting to be discovered. Every vista is breathtaking. The Resort offers 100 overwater bungalow suites and seven beachfront villa estates, all designed with thatched roofs and decorated with indigenous artwork. Four restaurants offer a vast selection of creative culinary experiences, while the full-service spa is balanced by the powerful rhythms of the Pacific Ocean and the tranquility of the island's lagoon - offering an unmatched combination of relaxation and exhilaration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Odigeo, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Bora Bora
- Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- Four Seasons Bora
- Four Seasons Hotel Bora
- Bora Bora Four Seasons