“Perfect Honeymoon Getaway”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Perfect Honeymoon Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

I don't need to go into too much detail, considering all of the previous reviews have done that. However, my husband and I recently returned from our honeymoon in French Polynesia. We traveled to Moorea, Huahine, and Bora Bora- saving the best for last. When we arrived to Bora Bora and were greeted by the Four Seasons boat at the airport, we knew immediately that this was going to be an experience unlike any other. From the moment we stepped into reception, the staff seemed to be at our beckon call. A golf cart was on hand ready to take us to our bungalow immediately- after we had our welcome drink that is! Yes, the weather was warm, but the gorgeous views in every direction make you forget about the sweltering heat!
The Four Seasons has a private lagoonarium with an in-house marine biologist. Several days a week the marine biologist offers small snorkeling tours (I believe 10 people max) throughout the resort's coral sanctuary. The work that the Four Seasons is doing to grow and preserve coral in their lagoon is incredible. According to the marine biologist, there are over 150 species of fish in the lagoon, and with crystal clear waters you can see them all! This is definitely a great activity the resort offers.

Another phenomenal perk at the resort is the abundance of free water and sunscreen. Housekeeping places several bottles of water in your room each day, and there are bottles available throughout different areas of the hotel. With so much sun, it's important to stay hydrated and it's wonderful that they insure their guests have access to bottled drinking water. Also, while lounging by the pool, the pool servers bring ice water to guests. When the ice starts melting, they promptly refresh the glass with a new one. They also offer refreshing cold treats every so often.

The restaurants here offer some variety. They have their formal dining restaurant which is closed a few nights a week. Their sunset bar offers a more casual eating menu, with sushi and other Asian cuisines as well as island cocktails. It is a true pleasure to sit here and watch the sun setting, there is nothing more romantic! In-Room dining is also romantic, with the table on the patio offering wonderful scenery for a delicious meal.

Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a romantic getaway with fabulous service. Please note, however, that there are a lot of families at this hotel. While my husband and I don't mind the company of little ones on vacation, some may find it bothersome. Considering what you're paying per night, an adult only pool would be nice alternative. I must admit, however, that most of the children were well behaved and with the teen/kids club offering babysitting type services during the day, you hardly notice the kids at all! In the future, when we have kids we wouldn't mind bringing them back here!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank drewberliner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (853)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

There are two 5 start hotels in Bora Bora - Four Seasons & St Regis. But the one that really stands out with superior service & the friendliest staff is the Four Seasons. Wwe booked 4 nights but ended up staying 9 nights. All the staff were excellent & did whatever they could to make our holiday very relaxing. So often we take holidays & it takes days to wind down but at the Four Seasons it was instant - it is so relaxing over the most beautiful lagoon in the world! Besides swimming in the massisve lagoon of Bora Bora which is unbeliveable, the hotel has its own lagoon filled with fish which was really enjoyable & safe for kids. Compared to Maldives there is alot more to do & the hotel has plenty of great activities. So if you want my humble advice, go to the Four Seasons & you will thank me a thousand times over.

Room Tip: In regards to food & drink at restaurant, prices are not that bad compared to home in Australia...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank John K
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

I feel very fortunate to have had the privilege to stay at The Four Seasons in Bora Bora . The rooms were fresh and beautifully decorated and the view of the mountain and turquoise water from our deck was incredible! My husband and I stayed in an over the water bungalow the first few nights. It was the furthest room and row of bungalows from the main areas but no worries - a nice hotel employee will pick you up in a golf cart in 5 minutes if you are feeling lazy :) Unfortunately, or should I say fortunately, there was a crying baby in the room next to us that woke up around 6am the first two mornings - the couple took their baby out on their deck and let it cry so everyone in the nearby bungalows could hear - so nice and considerate of them - Anyway, after way too many cocktails the second night and two pounding headaches the morning after, we decided to complain. The manager was so apologetic and nice. He offered to move us to a 2 bedroom villa with a private beach, pool, and Jacuzzi as all the bungalows with the plunge pools were occupied. We said "YES! OF COURSE! WHEN CAN WE MOVE!" The villa was breathtaking! It was really neat to experience both over the water bungalow and villa. We also enjoyed an amazing couples’ massage, a private dinner on the beach served by a jolly Polynesian man followed by crazy fire dance, and many beautiful sunsets at the Hotel’s Sunset Bar. I can’t wait to go back some day!
Other tips
- All non hotel restaurants and other activities like the safari tour and underwater bikes are located on the main island. The only way to get there is to arrange a boat ride in advance with the hotel and it’s NOT free. Get to the boat early if you want a good seat! It’s about a 30 minutes ride so you may to use the restroom and grab a beer from your mini bar before you leave!
-Take advantage of the snorkel gear in rooms! The best snorkeling is in the lagoon by restaurants. Ask the casual restaurant for some bread to feed/ attract all the colorful fish. No worries about sharks - the lagoons are protected by nets - which is why the fish are so incredibly fat! It was really one of my favorite memories and it’s free!
-When you explore the area around the hotel, DO NOT venture past the signs that say something like “ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK -YOU ARE NOW ENTERING AN AREA OUTSIDE THE FOUR SEASONS JURISDICTION.” My husband I followed a path leading to the ocean side of the resort near the gym and came across this warning sign. We both sighed and mindlessly continued on our little hike – 1 minute later a scary rabid dog appeared – needless to say we retreated back to the hotel as fast as we could!

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing. If you want more privacy ask for the row of bungalows furthest from the pool...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lindsay A
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

I'll start by saying that I did not pay to stay at this hotel; it was a company paid expense. I generally don't stay in hotels more than $200-$300/night, and this one is definitely higher than that. However, I can say hands down I have never stayed in a more comfortable and service oriented property in my entire life.
The staff are genuinely friendly and helpful. I never got the feeling like they were helping us just because it was their job, and no one took tips. I also giggled everytime they told us to wear more sunscreen (we were so obviously pale!) Everyone spoke English so communication was never a problem.
The overwater bungalows were to die for. I was only there for 2 nights but I never wanted to leave the room. I took 4 baths in that beautiful bathtub! Some people complain that the walk from the outer bunglows was too far, but they will pick you up anytime in those golf carts if you don't feel like walking. We like to walk so it didn't bother us.
The restaurants were ok. The food was good but definitely high prices. You don't really have any where else to go so of course its expensive to stay on property. I don't feel like the prices were any higher than other luxury resorts on any other island in Tahiti though. The breakfast buffet was totally worth the price though. The food was excellent with lots of choice for both savory and sweet dishes.

Room Tip: Overwater bungalows all the way. I don't think any room was better than the other, they were all...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank internetreviewer
Tahiti, French Polynesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

The best in bora bora and in french polynésia, very quiet, the trip from the airport to the resort is beautyfull on a nice boat, the bungalow overwater on the best lagoon of the word is unbelivable...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Tevapambrun
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Four Seasons never disappoints but Bora Bora is breathtakingly beautiful..

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Orange Park
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Wow, what an amazing beautiful place. The Four Seasons resort took great care of our group from the moment our plane landed - until the boat dropped us back off at the airport. The resort is mostly over the water bungalows, and I have to say - the mountain view rooms are well worth the money! It was such a beautiful sight to wake up to every morning! I only wish I had gone for the private plunge pool, I never would have left my bungalow! There was a snorkel waiting on the deck of my bungalow - and I jumped in the water after being in my room less than 10 mins. The water was so blue - so inviting. The resort thinks of so many little things, there were flip flops and robes waiting in the room. I had a spa treatment - highly recommend the earth and sea scrub! The girls in the spa took great care of me! I was so excited to learn how to paddle board in the south Pacific! the hotel offers the water sports complimentary! We ate at Arii Moana - when the waiter learned I didn't eat seafood and loved pasta - the chef whipped me up a special dish in just moments! (don't worry they have plenty of non seafood dishes!) The staff around the pool were awesome - ate lunch there almost every day! Gotta try the coconut drink!! Make sure to check the island on the opposite side of - behind the spa. Awesome place to find corals to bring - especially as the tide is going out! Over all - it was a 5 star experience, and I would expect nothing less from a Four Seasons Resort! The resort is beautiful, and the staff and service is fantastic!

Room Tip: Get the bungelows with the mountain view, and go for the private plunge pool if you will be spending...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business