“Bora Bora”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Livermore, California
“Bora Bora”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

We had a great time at the Four Seasons Bora Bora! The over the water bungalows are awesome, the service impeccable and the water is more beautiful than the pictures show. Great lagoon with snorkeling Inside the resort grounds. Definitely recommend the snorkel trip to dive with the rays and sharks!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill T
GuestExperienceBora, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Hi Bill - thanks for the great review! We're very happy to hear you had such a nice visit with us, and that you particularly enjoyed the overwater bungalows, Four Seasons service and the amazing snorkeling at the Resort! And agree about the shark and ray tour - just magical. Thanks again, and we hope to welcome you back again one day soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (854)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

This had been my dream to stay at the beautiful Four Seasons in a overwater bungalow. I knew this would for honeymooners, but was not going to wait for a marriage to go. So my sister and I went. Let's just say you have to explain over and over, we are sisters. Anyway, short of that. It was amazing. We had a view of the Mountain. The room was amazing and the service was great. We had daily turn down service every night. The restaurant on the resort can be expensive. If you want to save some money, take the evening boat ride to mainland. Four Seasons arranges everything, from Taxi pickup, restaurant reservations and taxi pickup from restaurant to boat. Food is not something we were impressed with , being a foodie, I have had better. Fresh fruit is what we enjoyed. Breakfast buffet is worth the money hands down, huge variety.
We did not have time to use spa, the fitness center was good. Did use the spa shower when we arrived as our room wasn't ready.
Water activities were good. We were able to try paddle boarding. My sister really took advantage of kayaking and getting out. I enjoyed just being in the room with the ability to just jump in the water from our personal deck. The only thing missing was the usual hotel room book explaining the resort. The was the typical spa menu and room service, but nothing explains the amenities. I am just assuming they want you to use the concierge for everything.
A most do excursion is the Ray and Shark snorkel. The guys Steveen, Opa and Manu are a fun group and don't pass on barbecue lunch, it's on a beautiful island.
I could go on and on. But this is a most do, even for a few days.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MaryQ1972
Hello Mary - thanks so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We're so happy to learn how much you enjoyed your time here at the Resort! We're delighted to know you most enjoyed your overwater bungalow, Four Seasons service, breakfast buffet and water activities. Also, thanks for your feedback on the food - our new chef is busy creating some amazing experiences. And we've also just introduced the in-room activity guide. While there is a huge romance focus here, we certainly have guests who stay as friends and family as well - we hope you and your sister will return one day - even if separately ;) Thanks again!
Vaitape, French Polynesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I have recently spent one night at this magnificent property and I can't wait to go back! Everything, from the grounds to the service, was outstanding! I arrived early in the morning and they greeted me with a smile and went over the check in formalities at reception. Laurence, the Front Office Manager, informed me that my room was not ready yet but that I could they offer me the breakfast while waiting for the room. Check in time being 3pm, I did not even ask for the room to be ready early in the morning and i did not expect it at all! Wow #1!
After breakfast I realized that I had left my suntan cream in my bag and went to the concierge to get it. Instead of bringing my bag and me looking for the cream, she came back with a bottle of suntan cream that I could use for the morning instead of looking for it in my bag. Wow #2!
I spent the day at the pool and the service was great! As soon as I arrived and got comfortable on the long chair, they immediately brought a glass of iced water which was never empty during the whole day! It was frequently replaced and all the staff is making sure that you have anything you need!
All the staff are just great! So friendly and always smiling, one can see that they are passionate about their jobs and that they love what they do! Every time a club car came by they offered a ride, and sometimes you gladly take a ride as the property is very extensive and it can be quite a walk. By the end of the day everyone knew my name, even if they have never seen me before and they knew what I was doing! Wow #3! This is real luxury!
The room was stunning! It was big and spacious and the decoration is modern! The room had a big bathtub with a window that one can open to have an unobstructed views of the lagoon while taking your bath! The view couldn't be better! And a special thank you to Sebastian and the Housekeeping staff! They did a great job! I even found my clothes folded (better than I did it) when I came back after dinner and my phone charger was rolled up and placed on the couch ready to be used again! The room was beautifully prepared for the night and housekeeping placed a pair of flip flops just next to the bed, so that in the morning you can wear them right when coming out of the bed! Wow #4!
I had dinner that night at the Sunset bar and the Sushi was amazing and the cocktails are great! I read a lot of reviews and indeed the prices seem high but it is the case in all of French Polynesia, given the fact that it's located in the middle of nowhere and that everything needs to be imported (either by cargo ship or by plane)... There was a DJ as well that night who mixed great and I spent the whole evening in that amazing atmosphere.
The day after, the check out was done quickly and I again left my bag at reception to hold it while I was spending another lazy day of "dolce far niente" at the pool!
In the late afternoon I went to the SPA. Beautiful building and facilities! A must try! To close perfectly that nice weekend I went for a yoga class with Sara! It was amazing and I was lucky as I was the only one attending the class! Before the yoga class I wanted to shower and get changed in something more comfortable for yoga. I asked the SPA receptionist if it would be possible to deliver my bag to the Spa. After a few minutes of looking for my bag she came back and told me that the bag was already with them in their office. Wow #5! Front Office staff anticipated and sent the bag to the Spa even before that I asked for it!
As you can see, the short stay at this resort was amazing and I am lucky enough to live on the island, thus I have already in mind to go back early next year to spend another weekend at this beautiful property. But that time with some friends to share these wonderful moments with them and make them experience it by themselves! Thank you Four Seasons Bora Bora for making it a relaxing weekend where I was able to recharge my batteries! I am looking forward to coming back soon!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Fabs1988
GuestExperienceBora, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Hello and thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We love the title of your review and that you really enjoyed your time with us. Whilst we are very proud of wonderful food and fantastic location, we are equally delighted to hear your great comments on our service and staff. We’re very proud of our team and the job they do to make every guest feel special and it will be a pleasure to share this with them. We look forward to seeing you upon your next visit!
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had a great 4-night stay at the Four Seasons in Bora Bora. This resort provided the Wow experience that I was definitely hoping for in planning a trip to French Polynesia. The service was really great. In signature Four Seasons form, they pretty much thought of everything. The property is expansive, but absolutely gorgeous, and they have golf carts to help you get around. The beach is small but really pretty and provided great views of Mount Otemanu. The staff also provides beach service that is fantastic; they provide ice cold towels to cool off, complimentary ice water, fresh fruit, and small servings or smoothies made from the bar. The breakfast spread was really wonderful; it was more like a brunch buffet than just breakfast. The Arii Moana restaurant was super tasty. The overwater bungalows are incredibly nice and wonderfully appointed. The fitness center was a lot nicer than my gym at home! As others have mentioned, nothing is cheap is French Polynesia, and the Four Seasons Bora Bora is no exception. Cocktails will run you $25-30 USD a piece; lunch with 2 entrees and 2 drinks would easily run us $100-125 USD. Four Seasons was probably the most expensive of the places we stayed, but frankly, being that FP is totally out of the way, it's expensive to get things there, and certainly some of that cost is passed on to you. But we knew that going in and were prepared for it, so we had a great time regardless and would absolutely go back in a heartbeat.....maybe not in November, however. I didn't know when I booked our trip that this is the start of the rainy season!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ABQTravelers
Hello and thank you for sharing your experience. We’re thrilled you were “wowed” and that you loved your overwater bungalow, service, the pool, Arii Moana, and the breakfast buffet. Thank you again- we hope to welcome you back one day soon!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

We decided to go with Four Seasons after doing some extensive research comparing it with St.Regis. We also stayed at the Intercontinental Thalasso for a couple nights but the Four Seasons definitely surpassed Thalasso both in location, decor, and service. I agree with all the reviews to go with the overwater bungalows Otemanu if you can afford it. While it is pricey, when we went over the New Year's in 2013, the Four Seasons had 3 for 4 nights deal that really made it much more affordable. The view of the mountain along with the water makes a wonderful view from the room. While these are a bit further out from the resort (about a 10 min walk), they are a bit more secluded than the other OWBs. Plus the walk to and from the resort is quite breathtaking. You can even rent a kayak and row out to your OWB is you wanted to! The room was spacious with a living room as you walk in, double sink bathroom with a large tub by the windows, and then the bedroom with windows that open out to Otemanu. There is also a large patio with lounge chairs and steps down into the water and outside shower.

One important recommendation I would give is to get the meal plan!! Due to the Four Seasons location, it is really difficult to go anywhere else outside the resort. We went to St. Regis one night to have dinner at Lagoon by Jean Georges (which was over-priced and ok) and I think it cost us $80. As a result, you probably will end up eating at the Four Seasons and while the restaurants are good, they are quite pricey. By getting the meal plan which ended up being an additional $150 per person (I think) for lunch and dinner, you can order whatever you want from the menu from any of the 3 restaurants in the resort. You still get the bill at the end of the meal so you can see how much you ate, but you just sign and there are no additional charges beyond what you pay for the meal plan. This also includes room service but there is a limit on what you can order for room service. We ended up saving enormous amounts of money because we were both big eaters. Lunch bill always ended up being over $150 and dinner over $200. Another recommendation is to check out the spa. It was pretty dead in January so we essentially had the entire place to ourselves. The private moto excursions (ask the concierge) was also amazing. My first time swimming with sharks and rays. We did not pay for a private shore lunch, however we ended being the only ones getting lunch so we had the entire island to ourselves (except for the guide who made us lunch). Definitely can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Go with the OWB Otemanu. Better views, more secluded, and less mosquitos.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TravelInEase
Hello and thank your kind review! We are very happy to learn that your research paid off and you really enjoyed your stay with us. We're most happy to hear that you particularly enjoyed your overwater bungalow, the food, our staff, and activities. Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back again one day soon.
los angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is the nicest hotel in Bora Bora for sure. We stayed at the Intercontinental Thalasso and that place is not good. I think Bora Bora is one of the most beautiful places I have been but it is just over priced in my opinion for what you get. You pay for the beauty and that's it. Everytime you have lunch be prepared to spend $100 for two people to eat with alcohol just food. Everytime you go to dinner be prepared to spend $200 before alcohol. The food in Bora Bora just isn't good enough to charge these kind of prices. $25 cocktails is a joke. They can charge these prices because you don't have any other options. If you want to go to a less expensive restaurant in town you will have to take a 15 minute boat ride that will cost you $125. What a joke. The service is ok but not exceptional. Imagine the service in Hawaii. It's pretty much the same. Also, the local food is very similar to Hawaiian food but costs $200 for two people to eat it. The breakfast was pretty gross, they do not know how to make breakfast. The sushi was the only thing that stood out to me. The sunset bar sushi was really good. The rooms are what you pay for. Very pretty over the water bungalow. If being in an overwater bungalow is your thing there is really only two places in the world that have this. Bora bora(and islands surround) and Maldives. There are two types of food...Local food that is like Hawaiiian food and French. French is better but gets old after awhile, very heavy. Also Bora bora doesn't really have beaches. So no walks down mile long beaches. Personally as pretty as Bora Bora is I wouldn't go back unless someone paid for it. Go to Parrot Cay in Turks in Caicos has the best food, the water is almost as pretty, the scuba diving is way better, they don't have over water bungalows though you stop caring about after day 2, they have long beaches and you don't get nickeled and dime for every little thing. Sorry Bora Bora but the juice just isn't worth the squeeze and I don't feel I got the best bang for my buck.

Room Tip: All the rooms are pretty much the same so don't be fooled. If you want a view of the mountain th...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank jav80
Hello and thank you for sharing your thoughts- we‘re glad you enjoyed you’re the beauty of the island, your overwater bungalow and the sushi at sunset bar. We also appreciate your feedback, which we will certainly use as we continue to better the experience here. Thank you again and we truly hope to we get the chance to welcome you back one day!
Antioch, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

It was the most amazing trip the service was outstanding the food was wonderful I heard from other reviews that the food was not good that was a lie we enjoyed every meal , I asked for bananas with coconut and the next morning was greeted for breakfast with my request. The employes were amazing Heiki at the sports cabana was so sweet we just loved him he was so wonderful what a helpful young man. Joram on the boat ride to the airport was so kind and helpful. Four Seasons keep adding great employees to your team you are hiring the best congrats! We are a family so we traveled with our children my four year old was crying at the airport saying I don't want to leave this beautiful place she was only expressing what we were all feeling in our hearts. I will never forget Heiki waving goodbye to us from the sports cabana as we left the resort you expect that from the staff at the dock but not from the staff at other parts of the resort for that reason the four seasons wins our heart. Everything was worth it and more if you are disappointed by this place you just expect to much and no place in the planet will make you happy.

Room Tip: We had room 120 it was beautiful the view of the beach,lagoon and sunsets were amazing.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Flywithus2013
Hello and thank you! We’re honored that you consider us to be “best hotel in the world” – even more important thank you for your kind words regarding the staff and service. Reviews like yours are a true source of inspiration and I look forward to sharing your compliments with the team. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you and your family back again soon!