My husband and I had been looking forward to this vacation for months only to arrive to terrible service and sideways rain and wind. When I say rain, I mean rain and the wind was like where your umbrella turns inside out, because it was so strong.
When we booked we requested a room in the 200's because of previous suggestions and the staff completely ignored our request and put us in the absolute furthest room away from everything in the resort. We did ask them why we were placed so far away since we had request something closer when we first booked this vacation and we were told there was nothing available but they would look into it further... After a huge run around and taking to different managers they said we could move to another room but that one wasn't much closer. Finally after much discussion, there magically was a room available so they offered to move our luggage while we went for supper. We tried to go for supper and nothing was open until 6:30 pm...so since it was pouring rain and blowing like crazy, we decided to go our new room in the 200s. Housekeeping was just was finishing our room up when we arrived. We hung out for a short while, 30 min and then they delivered our luggage only to find they didn't use a cart with a cover so all of our luggage was completely soaked!!!!! At this point I was beyond mad as I had my iPad and computer in one of my cloth bags. I called the manager and they told me they "will try better next time & that they had to hurry because we came to the room earlier". I told him the only reason we came to the room earlier is because all your restaurants were closed until 6:30 pm and we had not requested a rush on our luggage.
The food at the restaurant was just average and grossly overpriced.
Anyway, this was enough for us, I am not going to spend over $1 k per day at a hotel where I am arguing and being treated like this. We booked a flight to Hawaii the very next day and went to a Hotel where we paid much less and were treated like kings. Besides the forecast for the entire week was rain, wind and thunderstorms. Honestly I was never so glad to get out of there.
Anyway, we have stayed at a few Four Seasons Hotels and this is NOT how they treat their guests. Oh and btw... Hope you like CNN because that is the only English chanel you get....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora is a South Pacific paradise, combining the highest standards of service with ultramodern comforts and the natural ease and gracious hospitality of the Polynesian culture. Set upon Bora Bora's surrounding coral atoll, the Resort is a vast tropical grove, replete with coconut palms and pandanus trees. Meandering channels of pure turquoise lead to the main beach or to smaller lagoons, waiting to be discovered. Every vista is breathtaking. The Resort offers 100 overwater bungalow suites and seven beachfront villa estates, all designed with thatched roofs and decorated with indigenous artwork. Four restaurants offer a vast selection of creative culinary experiences, while the full-service spa is balanced by the powerful rhythms of the Pacific Ocean and the tranquility of the island's lagoon - offering an unmatched combination of relaxation and exhilaration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- 4 Seasons Resort Bora Bora
- Four Seasons Bora
- Four Seasons Hotel Bora
- Bora Bora Four Seasons