“Vincent was awesome!!”

37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Vincent was awesome!!”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We loved this dive shop overall.Jaime came and met us at the airport upon arrival and gather all of our information..this was a great start!! Then they came and picked us up from NInamu. Vincent was great, very proffesional. This crew don't make you lift a finger, the service was impressive!!! The diving was out of this world...I am ahrdly certain if what I experinced was real or if I was dreaming....no...seriuosly!!! The ONLY downfall was we did not get our books stamped. Vincent said he would meet us at the airport upon our departure, yet no one was there. They did move our flight up a bit, but I was bummed we did not get our stamps. I hope I get back to Tikehau soon, and I will be diving with them again!!!

Visited May 2013

Sydney, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Great people provide great service”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

When we arrived in Tikehau we had planned to dive with Topdive since we were also planinng to dive with them in Rangiroa and Fakarava,
But Francoise came to meet at our pension just next door from the dive centre and her passion and charm convinced us. We asked about the dive master and if he was good and she said well it's my husband ... but I really think he is the best and he loves it so much.
We always peek the dive centres based on the good feeling we have from the staff,
when we met Jaime her husband we were immediately convinced that we had made the write choice.

Our first dive was at Manta cleaning station and it was unforgettable! You need to be lucky here and we were very lucky we saw several mantas, they came to us, allow us to gently touch them and at one point one if them almost completely embraced me to the point I started to become uncomfortable and had to push her away... I guess I did not know how to handle that much love :-)
The dives at the pass were great we saw big schools of fish and big silver tip sharks.
Merci Jaime, Jean Luc and Francoise for a great time,
All the best
Pedro

Visited December 2012
1 Thank PedroCarmo
Francoisepaumier, Gérant at Tikehau Plongee, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
Thank you very much Pedro and Sofia for your message. It's the best moment in our life when our customers are happy. Whe hope that moment stay a long time in your life .
Thank you to take time to write a message on tripadvisor.We hope to see you again very soon.Manta Raies are waiting for you!!!!
Françoise and Jaime
Huntington, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful experience with Tikehau Plongée”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

It's taken me much too long to write this review (and thank you) concerning my experience with Tikehau Plongée. My husband and I dove three times with Jaime and his very professional staff in May, 2012, and cannot recommend this experience highly enough. Our trip was off-season, and we were the only two divers on the day we spent with them, but they cut absolutely no corners. They met our every request, including adding an unscheduled sunset dive and a surface hunt for dolphins (successful and stunning!), and led us on three of the most memorable dives in our 15+ years as certified divers. Highlights included slowly ascending just before sunset through a massive school of fish, lit golden in the slanting rays, and the awed silence in which we and the crew watched a truly breathtaking Pacific sunset as we heading back. It was our last day in French Polynesia, and I can honestly say Tikehau Plongée made it perfect.
Perhaps the biggest highlight of the day, however, was Francoise, Jaime's incredibly warm, thoroughly charming wife. Her positively loving admonition to me to keep the beauty of the day locked in my memory forever is exactly where she told me to place it. Thank you Francoise and Jaime for a wonderful experience. Best of luck always.
And a recommendation to anyone visiting these gorgeous islands: learn just a few words of French and use them. It meant so much to the people we encountered and we were treated like visiting royalty because of that minor effort.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Lennonedith
Francoisepaumier, Gérant at Tikehau Plongee, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Thank you very much for your publication. It was a pleasure to dive with you and we hope to see you very soon.
Manta Raies and dolphins wait for you.
Françoise and Jaime
Brussels, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent diving club created by authentic sea life lovers!”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We had a total of 12 dives for 2 with Tikehau Plongee. We LOVED the smaller structure, compared to TopDive in other locations (very pro too but too crowded).
Jaime the owner and dive master is really great! Very professional, super safe, big attention to details, to the diving spots, so patient and so passionate about his job, knows very well the sea life and explains it all for hours... He was so persistent that he enabled us to see 4 manta rays twice and all very very respectful of the corals and fish and sea life, unlike other dive clubs.

The equipment is new. The boat is big enough and very well organized for diving. We had fruits, fresh water and cookies after each dive, which is a very nice attention we didn't have with bigger structures.

Francoise, his wife is a real sweetheart, always organizing transfers, free pick-ups, dives timings, giving info, asking what nice things we saw after the dives...

Plus they're located on a very beautiful white sand beach that makes it always even nicer.

No need to talk about the dive spots and the amazing dives that you can have at Tikehau!

Would definitely recommend them.
Plus their rates are lower than bigger structures and they're part of the Moana Dive Pass.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank NAD_BXL
Francoisepaumier, Gérant at Tikehau Plongee, responded to this review, 13 December 2012
Thank you very much for your message .We hope to see you again very soon.
Manta Rays wait for you