It was my second stay at Llys Medog, the first time being a year ago, when both the food and the accommodation were exceptional.
This time was rather disappointing both food and service wise.
The evening meal on the first night was below average, seared fish was burnt and whole dish tainted by the taste. Far tooooo much garlic used in everything from the butter to the sauces. Dill garnish used was limp and looked pitiful.
Woodburner in cellar bar was nearly out and music repeated itself, service was slow, vague and not very welcoming.
Breakfast however was first class and so was the evening meal the second night, but the following morning it was overcooked and below average again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Llys Meddyg can offer you luxury accommodation and a beautiful place to stay in Pembrokeshire, west Wales…with our large, comfy beds, crisp cotton sheets and down duvets, you’ll sleep like a log.Let us pamper you. Our Georgian townhouse offers a unique blend of old and new, with elegant furnishings, deep sofas and a welcoming fire. All our rooms are large, bright and comfortable with contemporary en suite facilities and stunning interiors. You’ll find our beds very accommodating with cool, crisp linen and Welsh woolen blankets from Melin Tregwynt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Llys Meddyg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Llys Meddyg Hotel Newport -Trefdraeth
- Llys Meddyg Newport, Pembrokeshire