Abu Dabbab with its sandy bay and coral reef with two kind sea turtles gives a unique emplacement to the hotel.
As to the hotel let's see the positive things first:
- very nice building
- helpful service most of the time
- very nice and big pools
- very good beach bar with different drinks, food and ice cream
- very good food in the main restaurant, very good coffee in the morning at breakfast
The negative things:
- the hotel is "worn out" with fading colors and as the state of the paths
- the cleaning (ex. sweeping the rooms especially in the corners9, the sweeping of corridors at the rooms and on the paths
- the picking up of garbage outside the rooms is not done, you have broken bulbs, paper glasses and other garbage left for months I suppose
- one or two of the waiters very unfriendly
- they cannot respect eating times, being unable to open the main restaurant on time
- THE WORST for us was some uneducated very bad mannered slovaque, polish and a few russian guests, I have never seen so much of them in one hotel though it was our fifth travel to Egypt, Red Sea : they could not behave in the restaurant, touching and pressing down the turtles as they were coming up to have some air though there were sign everywhere that it was prohibited by law. Many women (not the cutest!) were in topless, on the sunbed and also walking around the beach though there was a prohibition for that also - and let's not forget that this is an arabic country!!!
As to our personal experience we had the bad luck that our luggage has been lost (it reappeared after 2,5 days) so we weren't in a good mood. I asked for a room near the beach and they wanted to give one very far, the corridor full of garbage (+broken chairs etc... thrown out) and near a very noisy building (a transformer or something). I had the luck to find the division manager who was very nice and finally we had a family room near the beach with a big terrace. After a few days I noticed that the 3 biggest banknotes (different currencies: swiss francs and euro) were missing from my purse that was in our suitcase locked as the safe was not working. I preferred not to tell it at the reception as I didn't have any proof and I didn't want to accuse anybody. The evening before our very early departure for the next morning, 2 persons from the staff came to check the minibar. I have never seen such a thing and we were nearly asleep. At the end of our 2 weeks stay we asked for a "lunch bag" for next day as we had to leave at 5 in the morning. I went to the reception twice!! they alway told me that it was OK and we will have it automatically but in the morning they said we don't have (at the back of the reception I counted 9 bags!). I couldn't accept it so after a few phone calls from the receptionist we had our bags. These are little things but they do not have a good impact on your mood.
So this was not our most successful trip to Egypt but the emplacement is fantastic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LocationThe hotel is located directly at the most beautiful beach of Marsa Alam. Abu Dabbab Bay is the beach of the red sea, with its white sand and coral reef with a great view over the Red Sea. Children & adults enjoy swimming, snorkeling & diving at the safe bay. The Hotel is about 30 km to Marsa Alam the Airport. Your hotelAccommodation buildings sited in a colorful garden complex, generously dimensioned heated freshwater swimming pool at different levels with integrated children’s pool, restaurants, BBQ corner bar, lounge, fun pub/, bazaar’s and Shisha+ Corner Rooms358 superior including 76 family rooms and 2 suites, All rooms with swimming pool or sea view. All rooms equipped with balcony/terrace, bath/WC, air-conditioning, direct dial phone, satellite TV, full mini bar against charge, hairdryer, safe, internet facilities Meals and drinksAll-inclusive: full board (buffet), thematic buffets, whole food and light food meals; afternoon coffee and cake; soft drinks, alcoholic drinks (10.00am − 23H00).Main RestaurantBuffet restaurant, Breakfast: 07.00−10.00h, Lunch: 12.30−15.00h, Dinner: 19.00−22.00h, with its huge trace BBQ over looking the pool, Sea view and the romantic garden.Pool Restaurant & Bar With a breathtaking view over the Pool.Late Breakfast: 10.00−12.30h, Lunch: 13.30−15.00h & Snacks & Tea break 16.00−17.00h ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Malikia Resort Abu Dabbab reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol y Mar Abu Dabbab Hotel Marsa Alam