Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
PoshBirdWinchester
Winchester, England

Total rest & relaxation

Review of Jaz Grand Marsa
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 May 2013
We travelled with Thomson to the Resta Grand - plane out looked very 'tired' & in need of an update but the plane home was more modern & seemed to have more legroom, which was appreciated as it was a night flight. Transfer to the hotel was quick & easy & is made more pleasurable by the fact that Thomson seem to have one coach per hotel rather than the constant drop-offs that others do - very welcome after a long flight. Check-in was prompt & efficient but you are then whisked to your room on a buggy, leaving you clueless as to where you are actually situated on the resort! There are no signs along the paths to direct you to pool / beach / restaurant etc so 1st night, once we'd eaten, was very entertaining, trying to find our way back to our room. The food was excellent at every meal with lots of variety - the only thing to watch out for are the Italians who don't 'do' queuing & love to push in at any given opportunity. Every member of staff was friendly & helpful & nothing was ever too much trouble. The rooms are spotless with 2 bottles of water provided daily & fresh towels every day. A romantic meal at the A-La-Carte restaurant on the beach is a must - it was lovely to be waited on & the sound of the waves on the reef is very relaxing. Overall an excellent holiday & great value for money - would thoroughly recommend.
Date of stay: April 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
26.6 miles from Jaz Grand Marsa
Free Wifi
View more hotels in Marsa Alam
5,483 results
All reviews plateau restaurant space restaurant animation team pool bar fish great holiday main restaurant pasta two weeks a la carte restaurants amazing hotel red flag aqua gym cleaned daily special thanks mini disco every evening
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 May 2013

This was our second time to stay at the hotel and I'm sure we will repeat it again... My kids are already planning to visit during their summer vacation. As always the staff were very friendly and efficient it was extremely relaxing and we were so lucky that Hayley C the singer was also there while we were...voice of an angel, she light up our nights...absolutely amazing. The room was clean, service great... If not like last time even better! The general manager was extremely kind, and his attention to detail was superb. Can't wait to go again :D

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I went to the Resta Grand Resort with my husband and 5 yr old grandson in October 2011, On arriving, the entrance was amazing, spacious, bright and very clean. We were greeted by friendly staff and offered a complimentary cocktail which was very refreshing after a 6 1/2 hour flight. Check in was quick and efficient and our bags were taken to our room while we explored the delights of the hotel.
The grounds were amazing, lush green grass, trees and beautiful colourful flowers everywhere you looked. The pool looked amazing too, with easy access and a pool bar ( husband taught grandson to swim in 2 weeks )
Our room was spacious and clean with ample space. we had a double bed, a single bed, table and chairs, t.v and cabinets plus the usual wardrobe space and a clean spacious bathroom. The rooms were situated away from the pool and lobby but it was not a problem as the walk (2 minutes max) was pleasant. There are no toilets around the pool and you had to use the lobby or your room, but I did not see this as a problem.
On the second day of our holiday my grandson was sick, not due to the food or anything but due to dyhydration. The House keeper bless him brought the doctor and the situation was soon sorted. We had free bottles of water daily
The food was amazing and fresh. My grandson (5yrs old) is a picky eater and he spoke to one of the chef's himself and the pasta chef was more than happy to help him out.( we were very grateful and tipped him at the end of our holiday ) On one day we were offered White Tuna or Brown Tuna caught fresh that morning. I had never eaten fresh tuna before and this was a pleasant surprise for my husband and I. All the meals were freshly cooked and I can not see why people complain. There was also Plenty of Fresh Fruit and we often took some back to our room for my grandson to eat throughout the day.
The beach was just Amazing. Yes it is advised to wear beach shoes but that is because it is a CORAL BEACH and it not only protects your feet from getting cut but also preserves what coral there is. The Fish were Beautiful and literally swim up to you even in the shallows of the shoreline. There are many rock pools to swim in but be careful as the waves do tend to push you into the coral.
Yes as with all hotels the entertainment can be annoying but at the Resta it didn't last long and you can still enjoy a quiet drink of an evening. Waiter service does need to be addressed as it was a bit slow and this is my only gripe. They don't like you to go to the bar and would rather serve you at your table but the wait can be annoying. We tipped our waiter and that put an end to our waiting and I tried a variety of cocktails which were free.
Trips in Marsa Alam are few and far between as it is a new and up and coming resort but we did take a boat trip from Port Ghalib to swim with Giant Sea Turtles, an experience I came away with that I will never forget. My Grandson didn't like the open sea and so stayed on board the boat and was kept entertained by the captain and his men and I felt safe leaving him there for an hour. They then took us out on a speed boat ( not part of the trip) to make it up to my Grandson and we loved it and had a blast.
All in all I can not give this hotel a bad review as there is nothing to complain about. As with all of our visits to Egypt, we tipped the house keeper and waiters as they Do work hard and it doesn't cost the earth and they are grateful for tips and look after you well. I have travelled to Egypt for many years now and The Resta Grand Resort is by far the best hotel my family and I have stayed in.

Room tip: tip house keeping and waiter (no matter how small) and they will look after you.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SeonagB
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Resta Grand, The staff were excellent, very friendly, helpful and polite. All of the hotel was immaculately clean and the food was excellent, especially the 'a la carte 'menu at The Plateau.
We stayed in April and unfortunately it was very windy so we were not able to gain access to the reef off the hotel beach apart from 2 days out of 7, however when we did, it was fabulous !

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The most important thing that makes this hotel is very special is wonder of location with amazing corals holes beside the beach so children can also enjoy with watching the wonderful of corals by standing inside the holes and just put their faces with masks inside the water .. also the luxury and calmness that makes resta grand hotel for special and first class guests .

Date of stay: June 2012
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I have written two previous reports on the Resta Grand and I have only just got back from a third visit. This is itself is unbelievable because my wife and I just do not believe in going back to the same place and we normally would prefer to try a new adventure and see more of the world. The simple fact is this, pound for pound I do not think there is a better more relaxing holiday than going than the Resta Grand if you just need to re charge the batteries - and this sums up why we have been three times.
Of course I could write a long report to nit-pick over small niggles and there are a few, such as no toilette block by the pool as I have mentioned on previous reports. So I won't go into too much detail again only to say, the rooms are lovely, the people are lovely - special mention to Amr on reception who is always helpful and a BIG mention to all the guys on the pool bar who go a long way to make the holiday even more enjoyable + Hamdy who I did not get a chance to say goodbye to.
Beyond this the pool area is superb, the reef is lovely (even got to see dolphins off the jetty this time) guaranteed sunshine and food is more than acceptable - what more do you need for a holiday that serves to 'recharge the batteries?'. If you want more of an adventure / active holiday then really the Resta Grand is not for you - athough there are trips to go on but Diving/snorkelling in this area is great - takes some beating.
Seems like there were more children in the hotel this year, maybe the time of year and I don't mind this as long as the restaurant and parents keep in mind that not everybody likes kids running around when you are trying to have a nice dinner. We also tried the Zeit Zaitoun restaurant this time, at extra cost!! but it was actually very nice and very different to The Space Buffet restaurant - not too expensive either.

Just a couple of tips... (i) getting laundry done is inexpensive at the hotel so don't worry about the luggage restrictions with such as Thompsons, just get your clothes cleaned, they do a great job at a small price. (ii) The shops outside the hotel (up to the main road and 5 mins walk to the right) are much cheaper for anything that you might need. I have to mention Harry at the shops (because I promised him I would) - he loves meeting people and having a chat, and of course doing a deal - but he is a really nice bloke.

As usual if you have any questions feel free to contact me.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple