Where to start!
Looked for a weeks all inclusive guaranteed sun and relaxation. Found this through Thomsons.
Just a 10 min coach transfer from the airport, which may make you think it'll be noisy but as only 2 airlines use this airport I think we only heard 1 plane go over head per day.
Reception area, which is the first thing you see on arrival, is absolutely stunning! This is the only place you can pick up a Wifi connection, and it's not quick, but sitting there once a day with a drink is all part of the relaxation process.
Our room was gorgeous and huge, see below.
Pool area .... WOW! Just perfect, 2 pools intertwined, one heated to 27 and one to 21 degrees, and a kids pool. Load of sun beds available, clean towels everyday. 2 other pools (which weren't filled during our stay as the end of the winter) make the choice so difficult. Staff from the swim up pool bar come around to see if you need a refill!
Entertainments ranged from the usual Pilates/ stretching and aqua aerobics to dance lessons , staff were knowledgable and great fun to spend time with.
Staff throughout the complex are some of the best I've come across; waiting staff, cleaning staff, bar staff, entertainers never stop smiling and checking that you don't need anything, they really do genuinely seem delighted that you are there. And you'll find that they can remember your personal requirements after just 1 day, from your drink to what you like for breakfast!
Food, buffet style in the main restaurant, was fantastic at each meal. Great choice, local and what you'd expect to find. We personally had no issues eating salads or having ice in our drinks, I think this hotel is of such a good standard that the hygiene and food safety issues you are warned about are just not a problem. There are other restaurants which you can pay to use but we didn't take advantage of this.
Beach area has loads more sun beds and a bar. Coral, rocky at the waters edge, was very windy when we were there, swimming was black flagged every day we were there but is just meant that you had to stay in the shallows, if you could find room for all the beautiful fish!! Do not forget your snorkel!! Water is warm and so clear, beautiful!
There is a sister hotel which has a water park and is more aimed at families next door but apart form that not a lot else within walking distance, so if it's shops and restaurants you want this may not be the best place for you, if you want perfect relaxation in the sun then THIS IS thE ONE!
Overall .... I really cannot recommend this hotel enough. If the rumours that I read on here before we went about Thomsons ditching this hotel are true, then I think they are making a huge mistake, I would definitely make the effort to get there again independently!
I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 752 Spacious, comfortable guest rooms, fitted with modern amenities• Standard single room: 46 sqm• Twin room: 46 sqm• Family room: 52 sqm• Individually controlled air conditioning• 32 inch LCD flat screen TV• Satellite television• Hairdryer• Iron and ironing board upon request• Safety deposit box• Mini bar• Tea & Coffee making facilities• Sound system and telephone. All Inclusive & Ultra All inclusive programs available. 4 restaurants & 5 bars in addition to other two restaurants planned. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Resta Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resta Grand Hotel Marsa Alam
- Resta Grand Resort All Inclusive